Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wayne County 78 Clay Co 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BIG win on the road at Clay County for the mighty Cards. Lets hear how the refs cheated Clay now Tigers. Beat you 10 on your home court with the cheatin refs from the 13th.
Nice win for Wayne County. Look out the 12th will be a WAR!!!
Lilly Wrote:BIG win on the road at Clay County for the mighty Cards. Lets hear how the refs cheated Clay now Tigers. Beat you 10 on your home court with the cheatin refs from the 13th.

Wayne wins fair and square. Clay couldn't get back quick enough and Wayne wore em down. Fun game to watch.
Sportsfanatic2015 Wrote:Nice win for Wayne County. Look out the 12th will be a WAR!!!

As will the 13th...lots of parity in both regions.
Lilly Wrote:BIG win on the road at Clay County for the mighty Cards. Lets hear how the refs cheated Clay now Tigers. Beat you 10 on your home court with the cheatin refs from the 13th.

Who made you made 30 years ago? We know Wayne won, they are a really good team with an excellent coach. You have nothing to do with Clay County. Have heard nothing from you maybe ever until a couple days ago. Get a life man.
This was a 2 point game with under 2 min. To go. I thought Waynes role players really out played Clay's role players tonight. House and Sexton both had off nights. And agree Clay was really tired toward the end of the game. Refs had nothing to with the outcome. Thought Wayne big kid played really well in 2nd half. Wayne has a nice team and shoot the lights out of it. They won because they played better. 2 teams that are pretty darn close if you ask me.
Congrats to Wayne
:CheerleadWolfe had a outstanding game tonight probably his best game of the year. Not sure what his stats where had several blocked shots and around 26 points.
^^
Agree I thought Wolfe had a mismatch all night. I also thought he gave maxium effort all night on the boards. I thought the fast paced game really killed Farmer he seemed to disappear much of the 2nd half. Wayne has a nice team. I'll give credit where credit is due. 2nd best team we have played this year.
Wolfe played really well. I think his Achilles may be mending. Good job tonight Wes. :Thumbs:
BrokenArrow Wrote:This was a 2 point game with under 2 min. To go. I thought Waynes role players really out played Clay's role players tonight. House and Sexton both had off nights. And agree Clay was really tired toward the end of the game. Refs had nothing to with the outcome. Thought Wayne big kid played really well in 2nd half. Wayne has a nice team and shoot the lights out of it. They won because they played better. 2 teams that are pretty darn close if you ask me.

Got to agree BrokenArrow. Blevins and Woods were very impressive also.
Clay will be fine.
BrokenArrow Wrote:^^
Agree I thought Wolfe had a mismatch all night. I also thought he gave maxium effort all night on the boards. I thought the fast paced game really killed Farmer he seemed to disappear much of the 2nd half. Wayne has a nice team. I'll give credit where credit is due. 2nd best team we have played this year.

2nd best to who?
^^^
I'm guessing Knott.
Wayne has a nice team. I got to see it up close the other night at SW. Woods maybe the best shooter in the state.
2nd best to knott county. It ain't close either IMO
Good Win on the road for Wayne Co.

Easy Lily I think those cheating 13th region refs are calling the 12th region tournament this year.
Here is Clay's stats from last night.......
32 Farmer, Trey 3 2 0 12
33 Gabbard, Logan 0 0 0 0
21 House, Ryan 0 1 0 3
4 Sexton, Will 1 0 2 4
2 Smith, Blake 10 0 5 25
11 Wolfe, Wes 8 0 8 24
upintheair Wrote:Easy Lily I think those cheating 13th region refs are calling the 12th region tournament this year.

Then nobody will win. Everyone will foul out. Just so you guys know I am not the only one who shares this opinion from everywhere west of I75. And thats the truth.
Lilly Wrote:Then nobody will win. Everyone will foul out. Just so you guys know I am not the only one who shares this opinion from everywhere west of I75. And thats the truth.

You have to be the most hate filled person I've ever encountered. No one east of 75 cares about your opinion. Let it go. :lame:
I didnt get to watch this one, I was over in London watching a stare down in the 3rd quarter of the North and Bell game. Wish i was in Manchester watching this game. After watching Smith dunk all over North last week this was like getting teeth pulled. Sounds like Clay was right there until the last minute, Wayne is a good team very well coached and doesnt turn the ball over much, This was a good win for them. I think it will be really interesting to see what these teams are gonna throw at clay in the region to beat them. I dont think anyone in the 13th can just run with them like wayne did, you get in that up and down style game Smith and Wolfe will kill you in the open floor. I think they will see alot of packed in zones and some junk chaser defenses. It Also wouldnt surprise me to see someone hold the ball the way Bell did either.
Count Wrote:You have to be the most hate filled person I've ever encountered. No one east of 75 cares about your opinion. Let it go. :lame:

I do not have hate issues. I have issues with Clay cause of previous cheating scandals in high school sports. The pig said this one was fair right down the middle so I am going to take him at his word, cause if it was not fair then Clay would not have suffered the 10 pt loss on their home court after all the posters on here ran their mouths accusing another team of butchering them last year like a bunch of hypocrites. Thats what I take issue with.
Wayne is well coached and Woods is one of the top shooters in the state.Bad timing for House and Sexton to have an off night.If they were either one performing as usual,Clay wins by 3 or 4.Best of luck to Wayne rest of the year.This game helps Clay in the long term.
Lilly Wrote:I do not have hate issues. I have issues with Clay cause of previous cheating scandals in high school sports. The pig said this one was fair right down the middle so I am going to take him at his word, cause if it was not fair then Clay would not have suffered the 10 pt loss on their home court after all the posters on here ran their mouths accusing another team of butchering them last year like a bunch of hypocrites. Thats what I take issue with.

It's kind of ironic that there's no bigger Bobby Keith disciple than Steve Wright. He has asked for advice many, many,many times throughout the years. If you look at the two programs, Southwestern and Clay during the Keith era, there are some similarities. Both had their share of transfers and the controversies that go along with them. Steve took a page from the Coach Keith book of coaching, and has had success doing so.
Play defense and put the ball in the hole. That was one of Bobby Keith's philosophies. I wish more coaches would realize that is all it takes to win.
Lilly Wrote:I do not have hate issues. I have issues with Clay cause of previous cheating scandals in high school sports. The pig said this one was fair right down the middle so I am going to take him at his word, cause if it was not fair then Clay would not have suffered the 10 pt loss on their home court after all the posters on here ran their mouths accusing another team of butchering them last year like a bunch of hypocrites. Thats what I take issue with.

I "somewhat" understand your point Lilly. Although Clay has had its share of home cooking and a few other issues in the past, those things are not singular to them. Some of these guys posting on here probably were not born or were still in diapers when you formed this opinion and they have no clue what you're talking about. I was there through it all and have seen Clay get the same on the road too. It's not really a big deal to me, you will NEVER hear me blame a ref for a loss. We (just as many other programs do) get ours at home, therefore we should take it when on the road...I don't like it, but I take it.

Trust me when I say this...there is NO comparison to 2015 and the period of let's say 1980-1993 when it comes to this subject so it's hard for some to see where you're coming from. 1980 was 35 years ago, wow!
I was an 8th grader in 1985-86 for somerset. We traveled to clay for a preseason scrimmage. I at that point had never been anywhere much. They threw rocks at our bus when we got there and they threw rocks at us when we left. lol I had never seen anything like it.
ky playmaker Wrote:I was an 8th grader in 1985-86 for somerset. We traveled to clay for a preseason scrimmage. I at that point had never been anywhere much. They threw rocks at our bus when we got there and they threw rocks at us when we left. lol I had never seen anything like it.

Clay has had buses rocked on more than one occasion. Again, this stuff is NOT owned by Clay. We've had to get tires replaced on buses before we could head home before.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I "somewhat" understand your point Lilly. Although Clay has had its share of home cooking and a few other issues in the past, those things are not singular to them. Some of these guys posting on here probably were not born or were still in diapers when you formed this opinion and they have no clue what you're talking about. I was there through it all and have seen Clay get the same on the road too. It's not really a big deal to me, you will NEVER hear me blame a ref for a loss. We (just as many other programs do) get ours at home, therefore we should take it when on the road...I don't like it, but I take it.

Trust me when I say this...there is NO comparison to 2015 and the period of let's say 1980-1993 when it comes to this subject so it's hard for some to see where you're coming from. 1980 was 35 years ago, wow!

Great post, SP. It's not the same as it was in the old days. I can fully understand how many visitors felt when they left Manchester because I felt the same way when leaving many other places, back in the day! It was a great learning experience and I am glad I got to experience them all. The bad part of this is I'm pretty sure I go back farther than you do!
Funny as he is just going by word of mouth back in them days. Guess he never traveled to Perry Co where they would tell you in the beverage stores what the line was and how Clay wasn't going to cover.
Pages: 1 2