Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia wins over Prestonsburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry...i don't know the score
HUH??? If this is then I'm changing my username!
How many of P'burg's boys played football?
blackcat_student Wrote:HUH??? If this is then I'm changing my username!
Cordia probably has the best team they have had in a very long time. They will make lots of noise in the 14th. No need to change the name , just have a little faith. P-Burg is big and they have guards that can play. It is a long time before the tournaments.
CoachB Wrote:How many of P'burg's boys played football?

Most of the team plays football, 4 out of the five starters played football. It will take some time for this team to gel. They are a little out of shape for basketball; as you know conditioning for BB is a little different. (Less strenght training more cardio). But, they will be alright at little later.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:Cordia probably has the best team they have had in a very long time. They will make lots of noise in the 14th. No need to change the name , just have a little faith. P-Burg is big and they have guards that can play. It is a long time before the tournaments.

Cordia will make some noise this year , but I think last years team is better than this years jus more depth and alot more size on last years team but Cordia should have a decent season.
blackcat_student Wrote:HUH??? If this is then I'm changing my username!

I take it you werent expecting this! WE lost by 15-20 points when we played them in summer ball so it was expected at least this early in the year still.
phsblackcats Wrote:I take it you werent expecting this! WE lost by 15-20 points when we played them in summer ball so it was expected at least this early in the year still.

I think once we get a little time and a little more conditioning in we should be set. Most of the football players just started practicing around 2 weeks ago.
I agree, come tournament time p-burg will be ready to play.
I really thought Patton was suppose to be good from waht people say on here...
Well that was a joke, haha
He could barely walk up the floor and just looked goofy and was very soft,
P-burg has 3-4 players that looked better than him>
Well, Pburg didn't look all that great IMO. They did play a pretty solid 1st quater, but after that there wasn't much from them. In their defense, there were some poor calls...but Cordia looked like a decent team. Patton should get better as the season rolls on and learns to go get the ball and be physical on the inside. The Clark kid and the Hughs boy held the Blackcats in as much as they could.
who was the main scorers and what was the score?
watchin-u Wrote:I really thought Patton was suppose to be good from waht people say on here...

I thought Patton played pretty good compared to last year. IMO Clark had a bad night for Prestonsburg. I will very much agree that Patton is out of shape but he showed me that he has the potiential to be better as the season goes on. It's just their first schrimmage so i'm sure they will get much better.
Justin Credible Wrote:I thought Patton played pretty good compared to last year. IMO it was Clark that screwed up mostly for Prestonsburg. I will very much agree that Patton is out of shape but he showed me that he has the potiential to be better as the season goes on. It's just their first schrimmage so i'm sure they will get much better.

Did clark really play that bad?
Congrats to Cordia! Good win!
Originally Posted by watchin-u
I really thought Patton was suppose to be good from waht people say on here...

Patton blocked 4 shots in the first quarter and completely dominated the boards. My friend I think you might be the joke on here. To judge a kid in his first scrimmage as a starter just shows your ignorance of the game. Patton and the others are not in shape coming off football. They will continue to improve, give them a few games to get thier feet under them. There are no returning starters, so cut them some slack old knowledgible one.
neither team looked very impressive.....p-burg doesnt have very much talent and cordia has some talent but looked like they were stuck in the mud....didnt play hard and didnt look in shape
dont know his name ,but #4 for cordia can realy play some ball
wisecracker Wrote:neither team looked very impressive.....p-burg doesnt have very much talent and cordia has some talent but looked like they were stuck in the mud....didnt play hard and didnt look in shape

The talent is definately there for pburg... just wait until the season develops, the football players haven't been conditioning for barely 3 weeks.
P-Burg you will be fine with a little practice
Marlboro Man69 Wrote:dont know his name ,but #4 for cordia can realy play some ball

Zach Hurt
who are the blackcats starting in 07
P-burg still has the football mentality on their sides still, as the season matures they will get into the swing of things and have the basketball mentality that they will need to win.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:who are the blackcats starting in 07
G-T.Clark
G-J.Hall
G-B.Hughes
F-N.Stephens
C-T.Patton