Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who wins the 15th region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
could it be a repeat of last years tourney, but different outcome?
Shelby Valley vs. Johnson Central
underscore101 Wrote:could it be a repeat of last years tourney, but different outcome?
Shelby Valley vs. Johnson Central

After seeing them tonight totally dominate Betsy Lane, they very well could win the region. They by far have to be the msot athletic team in the 15th region. When Goodson gets back they will be VERY hard to beat, nearly impossible. SV is for REAL this year!!!
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:After seeing them tonight totally dominate Betsy Lane, they very well could win the region. They by far have to be the msot athletic team in the 15th region. When Goodson gets back they will be VERY hard to beat, nearly impossible. SV is for REAL this year!!!

How can you make this statement when no other teams in the region have played a game yet? What about Johnson Central or Paintsville? These teams are chock full of athletes.
Have you actually seen the boys down in Johnson County CFWM? I'm sure both will have something to say about that, being impossible to beat is a large overstatement this early in the year. One win and they are suddenly unbeatable? No one is unbeatable in this Region.
Big_Ben#7 Wrote:How can you make this statement when no other teams in the region has played a game yet? What about Johnson Central or Paintsville? These teams are chock full of athletes.

:thumpsup:
Well...when you run up and down the court all night..and have a 6'5 freshmen playing..and another 6'3 freshmen...two guards who have played major time since 8th grade..and a slasher at the forward spot...you have a VERY athletic team. I'm sorry to put your teams down, but SV lost 1 key player, and a role player last year, JC lost a pretty good lot, you all can't say you have us beat athletically whether you've played a game or not..I'm sure you've scrimmaged.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Well...when you run up and down the court all night..and have a 6'5 freshmen playing..and another 6'3 freshmen...two guards who have played major time since 8th grade..and a slasher at the forward spot...you have a VERY athletic team. I'm sorry to put your teams down, but SV lost 1 key player, and a role player last year, JC lost a pretty good lot, you all can't say you have us beat athletically whether you've played a game or not..I'm sure you've scrimmaged.

We lost 2 good BASKETBALL players. As far as athletes, our best are back. Jesse Meek, combo guard/forward. Ian Welch, forward(also led the state in interceptions in football). We have a 6'5 sphomore who didn't see much time because of Kyle Rice and Ryan Fannin in the big spots. Jamie McCarty 6'3 who will score on anyone in the region I believe. Another athlete and very good ball player is Justin Murray. I think you'll hear alot from him this year.
McCarty can score on anyone in the region? Guess that don't help much when you get to state huh? Since he scores on people in region, what good is he?
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:McCarty can score on anyone in the region? Guess that don't help much when you get to state huh? Since he scores on people in region, what good is he?

He is good enough to help win region, thats what the topic is about. Since he can dominate a game against anyone in the region, then your statement makes me wonder about the quality of the region compared to other regions. So I guess you think its another one and done year this season?
Yes sir...I have to say the 15th region won't win a game at the state level for a while...athleticism doesn't come in the mountains like in Lex. and Lou....But..I'd hope and pray all I can that SV is the first in the 21st century to win one at that level...
everyone says paintsville....but i dont see it? it seems that paintsville cant get passed shelby valley
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Yes sir...I have to say the 15th region won't win a game at the state level for a while...athleticism doesn't come in the mountains like in Lex. and Lou....But..I'd hope and pray all I can that SV is the first in the 21st century to win one at that level...

Fair and honest answer, but I believe JC won a game at state back in 2000. Then got beat by Antwan Barbour's team in a game that they should've won, and Barbour's team ended up winning state that year.
BIGBLACK Wrote:Fair and honest answer, but I believe JC won a game at state back in 2000. Then got beat by Antwan Barbour's team in a game that they should've won, and Barbour's team ended up winning state that year.

You are correct BigBlack.
underscore101 Wrote:everyone says paintsville....but i dont see it? it seems that paintsville cant get passed shelby valley

Paintsville is starting all juniors this year I think? I know most of them got alot of playing time as freshman and sophmores, they should do pretty good this year....
OK Shelby Valley!!
goodson and the younger boys from valley are going to be tough to beat
look for kyle goodson to be making big plays
Pages: 1 2