Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel 65 Whitley County 63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Close one at North.

Two evenly matched teams.
Sounds like a very good game. North is finally beginning to gel
I can see north laurel improving on offense tonight. Need to worked harder on defense and north can make a run. :popcorn:
NORTH lAUREL 65 WHITLEY 63 COLLIER PLAYED scored 11
Congrats to the Jags on a much needed win! Collier added a spark tonight. Rice looked good in the post & Payton had a solid game along with Jeffries. Tomorrow night is HUGE for the Jags, need another win against OBI. This District Tournament has the potential be upset city!! Clay, Jackson, OBI or North could win it. Should be fun to set back & watch!!
Proud of the Colonels. Played hard. Down as much as 16 or 17. Never quit, had a good chance at end to win. Missed James tonight but hopefully he's back Tuesday for KC
Whitley is a well-coached team that plays their butts off. They sort of remind me of a high school version of the way Wisconsin plays, unselfish and scrappy. Collier I thought got tired, but he clearly is going to help North both with his offense and with the fact that it takes some heat off Peyton. A few too many turnovers tonight, but a lot of that just looked like not being real familiar with his teammates. And you are dead on 64, that was a big step forward offensively, but they still got lost on defense too much. I suspect they will get the needed win over OBI Saturday night by enough points to avoid Clay.
Any stats for Asher?
Sounds like this was a good one. Can't believe I went to JC to watch marcum play his JV team most of the night.
Fever what is wrong with James? He is an integral part of Whitley's team
E's Army Wrote:Fever what is wrong with James? He is an integral part of Whitley's team

Just under the weather. No injury!
Count Wrote:Sounds like this was a good one. Can't believe I went to JC to watch marcum play his JV team most of the night.
How about you provide a box score on that "played the JV most of the night?" The starters played over 90% of the game. Don't make it sound like Clay went to Jackson and "breezed" to a 6 point win. It's simply not true. This game wasn't decided until there was 18 seconds left. At that point it was a 4 point game.
well i was quite impressed with the Jags tonight, thought that they looked much better. I agree about the defense, IMO thats the difference between them and clay right now, while i dont think clay is a very good defensive team they have 2 outstanding defenders in House and Smith. Smith really gives broughton trouble but now with Collier this could be not as big a factor. If the jags get the 3 seed they will win this district.
Whitley Co. is A darn good Basket ball team, it wasn't a bad game I think North played well. They found A way to Win against A very good Whitley team.
footballfever Wrote:Just under the weather. No injury!

Good. Bright, athletic kid who goes hard from tip to buzzer.
Good win for North, but I'm not reading too much into this. Whitley coming off a drubbing by the Burg, then the Burg loses their first to Danville. It is what it is. A win.
I wasnt there but heard north looked much better thru first 3Q last nite.
Sure makes my original prediction of a 20 point NL win seem silly! And I made that one before I knew Collier was playing! Think I did come back and say it could be close though. That's the last time I listen to Roscoe's clip board! Got me all worked up!
I'm going with NORTH by 15 ....

NORTH LAUREL 78
ONEIDA BAPTIST 63

my question is ..how long before Broughton starts panicing thinking that Collier is taking some of his shot attempts and starts forcing his up again
bballfan20 Wrote:I'm going with NORTH by 15 ....

NORTH LAUREL 78
ONEIDA BAPTIST 63

my question is ..how long before Broughton starts panicing thinking that Collier is taking some of his shot attempts and starts forcing his up again

Good question. Possible "Clash Of The Titans" sequel? What say you Roscoe's clip board?
stone cold Wrote:Sure makes my original prediction of a 20 point NL win seem silly! And I made that one before I knew Collier was playing! Think I did come back and say it could be close though. That's the last time I listen to Roscoe's clip board! Got me all worked up!

Don't ever listen to a clipboard….you've seen how those guys are treated. Plus theres not a brain there to begin with but if there was we'd be talking major brain damage.
Hey we were up 15 a couple times and gave it up. Proud of our effort and how we played together. The turn around is happening. Roscoe says if Collier doesn't foul out its a 15 to 20 pt game. Sorry Roscoe kept me up all night working on OBI. Say hat you want about me, Roscoe and Brad doing worse things to me than your words. Appreciate the support.
The game against OBI is going to be huge. North loses and it almost guarantees that they meet Clay in the first round. If that happens, Brad and Roscoe will not be able to sleep until that game is played, and say what you want, but Clay will be a nervous wreck too. I think North would be better served playing Clay in the first game of district. Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season. Not to mention the importance of the game, and the fact it will be played at North. If OBI beats North, Clay is in trouble imo.
Roscoe's Clipboard Wrote:Hey we were up 15 a couple times and gave it up. Proud of our effort and how we played together. The turn around is happening. Roscoe says if Collier doesn't foul out its a 15 to 20 pt game. Sorry Roscoe kept me up all night working on OBI. Say hat you want about me, Roscoe and Brad doing worse things to me than your words. Appreciate the support.
If Collier doesn't foul out it may or may not have been a 15 pt game, but if Sasko plays Whitley probably wins this one...Anyway North seems to be headed in the right direction...
You have my full support clipboard. You have the tuffest gig around.
Clipboard you do realize the score was 63-61 when Collier fouled out. Woods just took the ball from him at half court and went in for the layup to cut lead to 63-58 with 1:23 to go.
good matchup both teams played well
Yes but that was 1 turnover and we were still leading. Never said it was perfect but just saying we had a 15 pt lead on multi times...Whitley played well without Sasko and battled. not taking anything away from them. Just saying Collier stays in imo we dont need a last second shot....But i am a clipboard with not mental talents to think on my own.
Ok. You said if Collier doesn't foul out its a 15 or 20 point game. It was a 2 point game and 1 minute to go when he fouled out. I kinda wish he hadn't fouled out cause 18 points in 1 minute would have had to be a record and I would have gotten to see it😄
Does anyone have any stats for north
Pages: 1 2