Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15 Region Gyms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the best atmosphere night in and night out in the 15th?
Hmm..Good question....I love a small gym..Will have to think about this one..
I will give you my top 5 gyms IMO!!!

1)JC
2)Paintsville
3)Prestonburg
4)Pikeville (not Pike Central)
5)Shelby Valley

Like I said this is just my thoughts.Magoffin Co. is also packed with die hard fans that support their team.I guess this would be my top 6 gyms HA HA HA !!!!! :Thumbs:
I LOVE PAINTSVILLE'S gym..but hate that it is one sided! Like Belfry's! Nice layout!
I still think the best atmosphere was back in the old high school gyms. Where there was standing room only. People lined up all around the court. Gyms like Elkhorn City, Virgies old gym, (not the middle school gym now). Mullins always had a nice jumping gym that games got crazy in. The gyms that have the best atmosphere now, I would have to go with Paintsvilles first. Pikevilles second. Just because of the tradition and the former players that played on those courts.
I agree it was crazy back then!
Paintsville
I always preferred Phelps' gym. I LOVED the floor before they changed it to hardwood. Of course, your home gym is basically always your favorite!!! Smile
phs1986 Wrote:I always preferred Phelps' gym. I LOVED the floor before they changed it to hardwood. Of course, your home gym is basically always your favorite!!! Smile

wow i know wood definatley makes it the best atmosphere!!!! I like Pikeville in RUPP!!!!
prestonsburg!
The Prestonsburg Fieldhouse is always going on gamenight. The Pep Section is CRAZY on game night, and very creative. Like last season some student created a red flag that covered up the whole student section. I belive there is a picture of it in the photo gallery by BC75.
Prestonsburg
belfry and east ridge
warriorpride Wrote:belfry and east ridge
East Ridge has a nice facility but the P.A. guy makes you want to leave. He is clueless!!!!
I agree 100%:rockon:
bball fan Wrote:East Ridge has a nice facility but the P.A. guy makes you want to leave. He is clueless!!!!

lol, hes my chemstry teacher.
Prestonsburg
Paintsville
Shelby Valley
Tough one, but I would say SV....
I am like BasketBallonlyFan in saying there is something special about the old gyms. Paintsville usually has a great atmosphere for basketball even though it is onesided( seating ). Prestonsburg is right there with them when it is a big game. I did enjoy playing at Pikeville a couple of years ago however.
Shelby Valley then East Ridge
Anytime you come to Magoffins gym it is always loud and packed, JC and Paintsville have great atmospheres too, along with P-BURG.
Paintsville, I loved home games when I played, our pep section was crazy and loud, gym was always packed. The games against JC at home were the best, the gym was never silent, always one teams pep section yelling if not both. The Rose Hill game at home was amazing, lol, the pep section had OJ and company tore all to pieces.

I gotta say Paintsville cause it's an every night thing no matter who they play.
I always prefer my home court... so I say Pburg. I like SF's gym a lot too though.