Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co at Shelby Valley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know who won this game for the freshman team,Jv and Varsity??
I dont know about the Freshman game. But SV won big in the JV and varsity game. SV was up something like 35 to 17 at the end of the first quarter for the varsity game. Powell wont be able to live up to their hype on here from what I seen. Not taking anything away from SV by saying that. SV played very good defense and got after it hard. The Goodman boy is a very athletic player who will help SV a lot this year. Ashley played a good game. Elisha played great defense on the press getting steal after steal. Jacob Bryant played a very good game as expected. SV looked really impressive in this game.
The final was 100-61 I believe. Scoring by quarters was:
1st SV 35 Powell 13
2nd SV 21 Powell 23
3rd SV 23 Powell 8
4th SV 21 Powell 17

Kyle is a tough player and always gives 100 % effort. Glad to see him playing again. Hope he stays with it.

Valley will have something this year that they haven't had as a team in the past few years, and that is heart. They have had this much talent or more before, but sometimes lacked the heart and desire. These players will play hard and they really want to play. This team will have some letdowns throughout the season, but I believe the fans will enjoy watching this years' team.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:The final was 100-61 I believe. Scoring by quarters was:
1st SV 35 Powell 13
2nd SV 21 Powell 23
3rd SV 23 Powell 8
4th SV 21 Powell 17

Kyle is a tough player and always gives 100 % effort. Glad to see him playing again. Hope he stays with it.

Valley will have something this year that they haven't had as a team in the past few years, and that is heart. They have had this much talent or more before, but sometimes lacked the heart and desire. These players will play hard and they really want to play. This team will have some letdowns throughout the season, but I believe the fans will enjoy watching this years' team.

I could definately see more heart, or at least deisre to be there tonight.... and it was only a scrimmage. Goodson really impressed me tonight, as well as Wright. Both were injuried, and I hope they are able to return this Tuesday. Hatfield and E. Justice were also impressive.
Not knocking SV but I thought that Powell was supposed to be absolutely unbelievable this year. What happened with that one?
*Coeus* Wrote:Not knocking SV but I thought that Powell was supposed to be absolutely unbelievable this year. What happened with that one?

Shelby Valley hasn't been hyped on here all offseason for no reason! They will be a VERY good team this year. And like some people have said, Kyle Goodson is VERY impressive and will make some noise in the region.
See that Valley is running and gunning this year. My kinda style!
In defense of Powell, and I don't know how much difference he would have made, but they were without the big center, Ryan Romans, a two year starter who is out with an injury.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:In defense of Powell, and I don't know how much difference he would have made, but they were without the big center, Ryan Romans, a two year starter who is out with an injury.

I will admit I have not seen Romans play. I am just thinking that because Powell Co. couldnt get the ball in bounds or get it up the floor, I dont see him making that much of a difference. The team I seen at Shelby Valley play alot of good JV teams and some good freshman teams would have beaten. They are not anywhere near all the hype their fans have placed on them. Romans might have made a difference, but not as big of one that would be imagioned.
sv was a very impressive team....powell is also...i agree romans would have helped powell alot
kiser for powell came out and played a great game along with matt sebey,banks, and johnson
kinser**
Also sv jv team was incredible..played great last night
It's hard to say this when you let a team score 100 points, but I was pretty impressed with Powell's defense... They really got after Shelby Valley on the defensive end... Alot of Valley's offense came off fast breaks from their defense, but I thought Powell really put the pressure on them in the half court...
The King Wrote:It's hard to say this when you let a team score 100 points, but I was pretty impressed with Powell's defense... They really got after Shelby Valley on the defensive end... Alot of Valley's offense came off fast breaks from their defense, but I thought Powell really put the pressure on them in the half court...
I agree, that would be hard to say.
The King Wrote:It's hard to say this when you let a team score 100 points, but I was pretty impressed with Powell's defense... They really got after Shelby Valley on the defensive end... Alot of Valley's offense came off fast breaks from their defense, but I thought Powell really put the pressure on them in the half court...
I agree
Who were the big scorers for Valley?
Good job Valley and good luck against BL
Kyle is a Great Player
NYY10 Wrote:Kyle is a Great Player
Why would a "great" player take two years off?? "Great" basketball players get their college payed for!!
this could have easily went the other way around. powell is being introduced to a new style of offense and defense, it is faster and more trapping. and where romans was hurt, on any team a injury to one of your best players will bring you down some.valley has a god team, but powell is by far top 5 in 14th region.
i agree ^ ,and considering SV shot about 80% from the field, there is nothing u can do when a team is shooting that good besides putting a hand in someones face, but they still hit. If powell came out hot and not flat then it would have been a different game, but not everyone came out ready to play this game. I plan to see a different type of team when powell goes to Hazard tomorrow to play Morgan county.
Powell just had a tuff game against a very good team and they were missing thier best player. They will be prepared next game.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I agree, that would be hard to say.

Valley got alot of their points off of their defense. When they actually had to run offensive plays, Powell was really in their face. I think Powell will have a pretty good year in the 14th. :thumpsup:
Take a guess as to how many of Shelby Valleys 100 points come off their defense?
The King Wrote:Valley got alot of their points off of their defense. When they actually had to run offensive plays, Powell was really in their face. I think Powell will have a pretty good year in the 14th. :thumpsup:
I also believe that Powell is a much better team than this one game illustrated. When they get Romans back they'll be OK, and will be a challenge for anyone in the 14th.
I agree big time!!!! They have a month to learn to play without Romans, and when he comes back and adds to what they have learned, I am anxious to see how this turns out.
Yes.I have heard very good things about Shelby Valley. They should go far..as for Powell..they cant focus on Romans to do all the work..they have to do it as a team. And i believe they will go far with or without him.Good Luck to both teams!