Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel 70 Corbin 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final.
Caleb Taylor with 18, Miller with 16 and Grubb with 17(all in 2nd half). Andrew Taylor with 26 for Corbin
South will win that district
Randy_Watson Wrote:South will win that district

Williamsburg may have to say something about that! Two big matchups coming up. Should be great games.
randy_watson Wrote:south will win that district

looks like randy has been sniffing the soul glo again.
He could be right.
South Laurel has improved
ky playmaker Wrote:Caleb Taylor with 18, Miller with 16 and Grubb with 17(all in 2nd half). Andrew Taylor with 26 for Corbin

Grubb is putting up some numbers.
Grubb is a heck of a player. He may be the most underrated player in the 13th.
I believe he is only a sophmore
We finally see some separation in the 50th. South Laurel and Williamsburg are clearly the favorites to advance to the region. I would be very surprised if these two don't make it. With that said, here are my latest rankings.

1. Clay Co.
2. Williamsburg
3. South Laurel
4. Knox Central
5. Whitley Co.
6. Barbourville
7. Harlan Co.
8. Jackson Co.
9. North Laurel
10. Corbin
11. OBI
12. Bell Co.
13. Pineville
14. Lynn Camp
15. Harlan
16. Middlesboro
17. Red Bird
South Laurel had too much size for Corbin to handle, not to mention too many offensive weapons. South Laurel is playing very well and are one of the top 2-3 teams in the region.
south is one of the top teams in the 13th.when taylor is on the floor.
theprofessor33 Wrote:we finally see some separation in the 50th. South laurel and williamsburg are clearly the favorites to advance to the region. I would be very surprised if these two don't make it. With that said, here are my latest rankings.

1. Clay co.
2. Williamsburg
3. South laurel
4. Knox central
5. Whitley co.
6. Barbourville
7. Harlan co.
8. Jackson co.
9. North laurel
10. Corbin
11. Obi
12. Bell co.
13. Pineville
14. Lynn camp
15. Harlan
16. Middlesboro
17. Red bird

i agree with 1 an 2......i think clay remains number one until someone knocks them off. However, any given night 3-11 can cause you to hang your jerseys early. Still the 50th has the edge overall with the teams in it but clay, north, obi & jackson is no slouch either. This should be the best 13th region tournament in a long time.
CC will Roll thru the 13th AGAIN...:1:
I think Clay Co. is the favorite, but it won't be easy. I agree with the old ball coach. Any of the teams on my list, 2-11 could beat Clay on a given night. Several of these teams have the capability of getting hot at the right time and winning the region.
would love to see clay and williamsburg play on a neutral floor.
Randy_Watson Wrote:South will win that district

This years tourney will come down to matchups. How this shakes up is anybodys guess. If I am right South split with Whitley and Corbin, but they have not played their district games with Williamsburg yet.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:I think Clay Co. is the favorite, but it won't be easy. I agree with the old ball coach. Any of the teams on my list, 2-11 could beat Clay on a given night. Several of these teams have the capability of getting hot at the right time and winning the region.

I agree guys...The region is full of good teams, I'm still a little amped from the game last night.Confusedinglepar
I agree that the region tourney is going to be great and that there's several teams that can win it. It very well could come down to which team gets the most favorable draw.
South Laure has really improved. I haven't seen Taylor play, but Grubb is a joy to watch.
Just glad I didn't have to go streakin' last night! How did Mr. Randy Watson & his band Sexual Chocolate do?
bdc Wrote:this years tourney will come down to matchups. How this shakes up is anybodys guess. If i am right south split with whitley and corbin, but they have not played their district games with williamsburg yet.

you are absolutely correct on the matchup statement. South has split with whitley & corbin and still has 2 games left with w'burg. They have beaten south once in corbin tournament already. W'burg has 1 game left with corbin and 1 with whitley in addition to the two games with south laurel. W'burg controls its own fate for seeding in the district. It appears that corbin will be the 4 seed in the tournament if something drastic doesn't change. The game with w'burg is at corbin but they still have to go to whitley.
It would be interesting if NL and CC played in the 1st round of their district and NL won
That might cause the planets to realign and start the zombie apocalypse. That would cause some real scrambling......just out of curiosity......how long has it been since clay has not played in a region tournament?