Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK players involved in Richmond Bar Fight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
3 University of Kentucky football players were involved in a bar fight at Jerzees in Richmond. Drew Barker, Dorian Baker, and Tymere Dybose allegedly got in a fight with an EKU player. The EKU player was hospitalized with facial injuries. The full story is on KSR. I defended these guys in the air gun incident, but I don't know if they understand the opportunity they have been blessed with. Several issues come from this, and I hope they receive a good punishment.
Richmond police are investigating a bar fight that reportedly involved an Eastern Kentucky University football player.

More... - See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...BxkEu.dpuf
I saw this on the news.
Go ahead and kick these three assholes off the team.

Ive never been a fan of the overrated Barker, but I sure aint now.
This particular group of scum makes us look like Lville.

Time for them to move on.
I said from the get go Barker wouldn't make it at UK!
Barker was supposed to be the face of UK's excellent recruiting class last year, but he has been nothing but a "black eye". The kid has proven, his mind isn't in the right place, and he doesn't seem greatful for the oppurtunity he has. It is time to release this clown, and cut our losses.
IF and that is a BIG IF those three UK players, or more, are responsible for the assault on the EKU player, then they need to be removed from the team without question. From the pic I seen on KSR, they could be charged with assault.

The AirSoft gun situation from last fall wasn't the best idea... 18 and 19 year old boys are gonna do stupid stuff. They messed up and were suspended #LessonLearned

Let's see what the evidence PROVES before we slam the gavel and put them in exile.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:IF and that is a BIG IF those three UK players, or more, are responsible for the assault on the EKU player, then they need to be removed from the team without question. From the pic I seen on KSR, they could be charged with assault.

The AirSoft gun situation from last fall wasn't the best idea... 18 and 19 year old boys are gonna do stupid stuff. They messed up and were suspended #LessonLearned

Let's see what the evidence PROVES before we slam the gavel and put them in exile.

Whether or not they jumped the EKU player or were simply defending themselves it doesn't matter. The evidence already proves 3 under aged kids were in a 21 and over Bar and were in some manner involved in a Bar fight. This is not the first bad decision they have made, and a harsh punishment should follow.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Whether or not they jumped the EKU player or were simply defending themselves it doesn't matter. The evidence already proves 3 under aged kids were in a 21 and over Bar and were in some manner involved in a Bar fight. This is not the first bad decision they have made, and a harsh punishment should follow.

Not being 21 and being in an Over 21 bar is wrong, shame on them for going and shame on the bouncers/owners for letting that happen. I don't know Stoops policy/rules on that type of situation, but one would think this happens more often than not.

And if in fact the evidence does PROVE that the three UK players are responsible, they need to be removed from the team without question. As far as a criminal charge goes, that is not up to me.
And... according to KSR, some bar's in Richmond you only have to be 18 to get in.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:And... according to KSR, some bar's in Richmond you only have to be 18 to get in.

To my knowledge we no longer have 18+ bars in Richmond. If we do this was incident was at Jerzees which is 21+. I understand the nature of college kids, but you have to be smart enough if you're doing something like going to a bar to not escalate the situation with things such as fights or driving under the influence (I know this isn't the situation).
Seen this coming a mile away with Barker. What a waste of a scholly.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:And... according to KSR, some bar's in Richmond you only have to be 18 to get in.

If we all listened to KSR lol.
The sad part is Barkers dad is on another site making all kinds of excuses!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If we all listened to KSR lol.

Don't be hatin' on Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond and Shannon the Dude.
It looked like someone did more than tap dance on the guy's face. And this is the second incident for those invloved.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I saw this on the news.
Go ahead and kick these three assholes off the team.

Ive never been a fan of the overrated Barker, but I sure aint now.
This particular group of scum makes us look like Lville.

Time for them to move on.

Agreed. Golden opportunity for Stoops to send a statement to his players and recruits about the expectations in this program. Barker is not any better than Towles who looked much improved and is obviously an off the field issue. All benefit and no loss telling him to pack his bags.
Better link to video at the bar.

EKU dude got what he deserved.
Motley Wrote:EKU dude got what he deserved.

Yup, he thought he was a bad ass and found out different...
My favorite part of the whole sad situation was when Barker got his ass knocked out. Ive watched the video repeatedly, and he got what he deserved.
Looks like Barker's teammates didn't do a whole lot to help him out. Wow!!!
Well, all of this stuff is sure making for an interesting game come October 3rd.
Westside Wrote:My favorite part of the whole sad situation was when Barker got his ass knocked out. Ive watched the video repeatedly, and he got what he deserved.

Yeah it takes a real man to walk up to somebody while they're not looking and knock them out.

Motley Wrote:Yeah it takes a real man to walk up to somebody while they're not looking and knock them out.

Just like it does to hit someone in the face with a beer bottle. I agree with you though. The punch was great.