Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Roman Reigns wins the Royal Rumble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bubba Ray Dudley, Diamond Dalls Page and The Boogeyman were the "Legends" in the actual match.... The Rock wasn't an entrant, but he came in and the helped Roman Reigns from Kane and The Big Show.

Lesnar vs. Reigns for the strap at WrestleMania XXXI
In my opinion...................

The Rumble gets a 6/10.

The Title match gets a 7/10.

The rest of the PPV was 3/10.
:yawn: that was really boring....
In the WWE Network fallout show.... the fans are still booing.
No appearance by Sting.....

But there was a promo with Stephanie, Triple H and Paul Heyman about their "problem".... talking about Sting and how to deal with him.
I give the Triple Threat an 8/10 and possibly a 9/10. Anyone know how long it lasted?

The Rumble itself was decent, but I think the fact that the crowd was anti-Reigns killed it. Ambrose and Ziggler eliminations were a little early IMO, especially since they were late entrants.
Rusev vs Cena was hinted at in the after show.
The Triple Threat was huge for Rollins IMO. It proved that he's a main-eventer.
The Royal Rumble match was absolute garbage.

Lesnar/Cena & Rollins tho, that triple threat match was amazing.

Just imagine this show without that Triple Threat match.

I'll give the overall show a C-.
^ Spot on.

For anyone who actually thought the Rumble was decent, then your expectations for quality booking has left you. Was a colossal cluster F#@!.

First off, they stuck with the plan from the summer. They were bond and determined to make Reigns the Main Event at WM. What a disaster and proof that Vince has completely lost touch of the fans. First off, I really like Roman, and I truly want him to be the NEXT BIG THING. But ever since his return, the Fans have shown that they do not want him to be the Main Event at WM. They proved that after he won, and completely shit all over him and the Rock and booed them both out of the guy,

When you look at the booking of this match, you can't help but say that we have now found ourselves back in the late 80's and the early mid-90's. Slap crap on the wall and hope something sticks! To have DDP (which it was great to see him) come in and dump 2 contestants, but have the biggest pop machine since the Rock and Stone Cold, Daniel Bryan, come in, not put one wrestler over the rope, and then to be discarded unceremoniously in the MIDDLE OF THE DAMN MATCH, tells you that WWE cared less about the quality of the show than what the fans expected. Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan were completely shit upon by idiots who are screenwriters writing wrestling shows, versus bookers who are booking matches!

As for the Triple thread match, this was the best 3-way dance in WWE since the 2004 WM main event that saw Benoit beat HBK & HHH for the WWE title. People, you witnessed a 5 Star match with Lesnar, Cena and Rollins. That was a classic and if not for that match, this Royal Rumble would go down in the annals of WWE as the worst PPV in history!

Why build up Paige and Natalya only to have them get in 20 seconds of offense in a SQUASH match to who, the Bella Twins, are you kidding me????

Could we please see another USO/Miz-Dow tag team match. I'm sorry, after seeing the exact same match 450 times in the last 4 months, I feel like I have missed something!

The best worker in WWE, Cesaro, why is he relegated as a curtain jerker?

Really, Kane and Big Show??? Let's take these 40 year olds and have them dump every potential future star in the business (Bryan, Bray, Dolph, Dean, Rusev) for WHAT??? to get them over????

Isn't it time for a damn "New Day". I'm already sick of the current day and only thing I want from Big E, Kofi and who ever the other guy is, would be YESTERDAY as the last day I have to see them!

I knew Ascension would go over the Outlaws, but I still wanted to pull my eyes out of my socket just watching that garbage!

Guys, if you want to watch WRESTLING, find AXS TV on your cable or satelite. 9:00 PM on Friday's, you watch 5 star matches every night as they show the greatest Japanese wrestlers in the business. Hell, TNA's worst night was 10 times better than the garbage we watched last night.

After the show, it has been reported that the fans were chanting "Refund"

So, what was the WWE's reward for that garbage? So many fans called to cancel their WWE Network membership that it crashed the site. Entertainment Tonight announced that cancellation numbers was the highest v=ever recorded single day cancellation event for any known entity. It is estimated that the WWE stock could drop by 10% this week alone, which is enough to bankrupt lesser companies!

Way to go WWE, you have the pulse of the fan!
I'm just trying to look ahead here.

Believe me... Ziggler coming in at 30 and jobbing was terrible and my jaw dropped when he went over the ropes that quick.

But what I saw was Sandow starting to turn on Miz, which would make a for a great midcarder added to the lineup. Could we also have seen a Goldust/Stardust match being teased?

I thought going into the match that the only two people that could win it would be Reigns or Bryan. Reigns is ready to main event, but he's not ready for the strap yet. I thought it was just too soon for Bryan coming off of his injury to get a title push, but looking back at it this would have been an opportunity for that.

BUT after seeing what happened last night and seeing the outcry in Twitter... I don't think that Reigns can win the title at Wrestlemania unless Rollins cashes in and takes it from him right after.

Rollins is ready. They let him wrestle last night and I think he outshined Cena and Brock. The promo he cut a while ago on "Raw" was gold as well.
I liked what Wyatt showed as well.

I concede that they screwed the finish up but moving forward I think they have a lot to work with.

I just, as Stardust mentioned in another thread, think that they have a real problem with the quality of heels they have.

Where do Ziggler, Ambrose and Bryan go from here?
Stardust Wrote:^ Spot on.

For anyone who actually thought the Rumble was decent, then your expectations for quality booking has left you. Was a colossal cluster F#@!.

First off, they stuck with the plan from the summer. They were bond and determined to make Reigns the Main Event at WM. What a disaster and proof that Vince has completely lost touch of the fans. First off, I really like Roman, and I truly want him to be the NEXT BIG THING. But ever since his return, the Fans have shown that they do not want him to be the Main Event at WM. They proved that after he won, and completely shit all over him and the Rock and booed them both out of the guy,

When you look at the booking of this match, you can't help but say that we have now found ourselves back in the late 80's and the early mid-90's. Slap crap on the wall and hope something sticks! To have DDP (which it was great to see him) come in and dump 2 contestants, but have the biggest pop machine since the Rock and Stone Cold, Daniel Bryan, come in, not put one wrestler over the rope, and then to be discarded unceremoniously in the MIDDLE OF THE DAMN MATCH, tells you that WWE cared less about the quality of the show than what the fans expected. Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan were completely shit upon by idiots who are screenwriters writing wrestling shows, versus bookers who are booking matches!

As for the Triple thread match, this was the best 3-way dance in WWE since the 2004 WM main event that saw Benoit beat HBK & HHH for the WWE title. People, you witnessed a 5 Star match with Lesnar, Cena and Rollins. That was a classic and if not for that match, this Royal Rumble would go down in the annals of WWE as the worst PPV in history!

Why build up Paige and Natalya only to have them get in 20 seconds of offense in a SQUASH match to who, the Bella Twins, are you kidding me????

Could we please see another USO/Miz-Dow tag team match. I'm sorry, after seeing the exact same match 450 times in the last 4 months, I feel like I have missed something!

The best worker in WWE, Cesaro, why is he relegated as a curtain jerker?

Really, Kane and Big Show??? Let's take these 40 year olds and have them dump every potential future star in the business (Bryan, Bray, Dolph, Dean, Rusev) for WHAT??? to get them over????

Isn't it time for a damn "New Day". I'm already sick of the current day and only thing I want from Big E, Kofi and who ever the other guy is, would be YESTERDAY as the last day I have to see them!

I knew Ascension would go over the Outlaws, but I still wanted to pull my eyes out of my socket just watching that garbage!

Guys, if you want to watch WRESTLING, find AXS TV on your cable or satelite. 9:00 PM on Friday's, you watch 5 star matches every night as they show the greatest Japanese wrestlers in the business. Hell, TNA's worst night was 10 times better than the garbage we watched last night.

After the show, it has been reported that the fans were chanting "Refund"

So, what was the WWE's reward for that garbage? So many fans called to cancel their WWE Network membership that it crashed the site. Entertainment Tonight announced that cancellation numbers was the highest v=ever recorded single day cancellation event for any known entity. It is estimated that the WWE stock could drop by 10% this week alone, which is enough to bankrupt lesser companies!

Way to go WWE, you have the pulse of the fan!

I agree with everything you've said.

I hate that Miz and Mizdow are the champions, I think it's stupid. I'm tired of seeing them face off against The Usos for the titles.

I thought WWE should have used more legends or used returning superstars, such as Randy Orton.

I'm sick of seeing Adam Rose, The New Day and The Acsension. All 3 are stupid stupid stupid gimmicks.

Adam Rose was popular when he first arrived but he got old quickly.

I thought the new day was stupid from their first ever promo.

The Ascension? Are you kidding me, that's one of the biggest jokes their ever was. What's Vince trying to do relive the Road Warriors because that's all the Ascension.

I'm glad that Roman Reigns won but the problem I have is that Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler all should have been eliminated differently.

I think Kane needs to go put his mask back on and become the monster he once was instead of being the authority's puppet.

When Orton returns, he's suppose to feud with Rollins, so what's that make him? A baby face...

Brock was suppose to turn baby face last night but that didn't appear to be the case...

Let's just hope and pray to God that WWE Fast Lane (Feb 22) is a hell of a lot better than the crap we watched last night...
I found this little nugget of information that is rather interesting...

Quote:WWE is also apparently blaming Philadelphia for the reaction at the Royal Rumble, which is to say they're trying to pass it off as though the city they were in was the biggest problem, not the booking or the players involved.

I mean...you gotta be kidding me right?

Philly is a wrestling hot bed.
Does anybody else think we will see a Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker match at WrestleMania 31?
Strikeout King Wrote:I think Kane needs to go put his mask back on and become the monster he once was instead of being the authority's puppet.

You do know he will be leaving soon. He is headed into politics.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Does anybody else think we will see a Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker match at WrestleMania 31?

Undertaker will be at WM (His picture is on the Tractor/Trailers advertising WM 31). Will he wrestle, God, I HOPE NOT! Hopefully we only see an appearance, maybe even to screw Sting. I'm done with Undertaker and honestly could care less about seeing him wrestle ever again. Yes, his entrance will still send chills, but to see him once a year has ZERO value for anyone on the roster to beat. The streak was botched terribly last year, thus their is nothing to be gained by wrestling and beating Taker ever again.
Stardust Wrote:You do know he will be leaving soon. He is headed into politics.

I know he and his wife have their own insurance company but didn't know about him being in politics