Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region POY and COY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
14th Region
Player of the Year?
Coach of the Year?
My Vote
POY: C. Justice (Knott)
COY: John Noble (Buckhorn) or Robert Hammonds (Letcher)
Poty- justice
coty- whitaker powell co.
POY is easy but COY could be a couple this year but not lcc's Hammonds I seen a game in person and he cannot coach the only reason he had previous success was because of jarrod polson. I like Buckhorns coach and Whitaker for Powell as well.
poy C Justice Knott
coy Jon Bentley Estill Co
POY - Cameron Justice (Knott Co.)
COY - John Noble (Buckhorn)
POY: Evan Hall (Knott)

COY: Whitaker (Powell)
Justice and Noble will be the consensus...
but these awards always seem to go different from where I think they are going to lol
I know one thing if Cameron Justice don't win it then they should just stop giving the award. 23 ppg and shooting 50% from the field and 40% from 3, when every team they face is game planning for him.
These are the top seniors in the 14th region.
C. Justice (Knott)
E. Hall (Knott)
L. Stojicevic (JBS)
H. Hardy (Hazard)
L. Chaney (Breathitt)
T. Jones (Estill)
B. Whitmore (Perry)
J. Bray (Leslie)
B. Lawson (Wolfe)
Camron Justice and BB King
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Camron Justice and BB King

The award is Coach of the year not General Manager of the Year.
UK#24 Wrote:The award is Coach of the year not General Manager of the Year.

That's hilarious. And any child could coach that team and win. Let's see how he does next year if he don't hire a new "assistant coach" but I would say he will quit coaching and go out on top.

Poy. Evan hall
UK#24 Wrote:The award is Coach of the year not General Manager of the Year.

"COY: John Noble (Buckhorn) or Robert Hammonds (Letcher)"

Oh I didn't know you had to pick a coach that had never won a 14th regional championship!
hitter Wrote:That's hilarious. And any child could coach that team and win. Let's see how he does next year if he don't hire a new "assistant coach" but I would say he will quit coaching and go out on top.

Poy. Evan hall

No worse that regional semi final wanna bet?
POY... Knott county central....Cameron Justice
Runner-Up POY....Knott County Central....Evan Hall
COY... Knott county central....Bb King

:truestory:
POY- justice
Coy- noble
hitter Wrote:That's hilarious. And any child could coach that team and win. Let's see how he does next year if he don't hire a new "assistant coach" but I would say he will quit coaching and go out on top.

Poy. Evan hall

We shall see....

Poy. Evan hall

[Image: UshXzcx.png]

More mash taters please!
POY - Cam Justice - Knott Central
COY - Noble - Buckhorn
Agree with justice and Noble
Justice of course for POY.
I'd like to see Noble for COY.
If not ill go with Jon Bentley.
Justice should be POTY hands down

COTY can go to several coaches; BB King (KCC), Hammonds (LCC), Noble (Buckhorn), Bentley (Estill), Whitaker (Powell), Justice (JBS)
I just think if you believe Cam is runaway POY you haven't watched Knott that much. I'm sorry if you have and disagree. Right now Evan Hall is POY in the 14th region. I honestly feel he could end up somewhere above IUPUI if he wanted to, but nevertheless, we've seen how far this team can go just on Cam's back. Evan will take us further with the work he's put in. Has BB won COY? I honestly don't know. I'd go Coach Noble then King on that front.
Hall is definitely the work horse.
Pot- Evan Hall is the man!, Justice can shoot, but if it wasn't for Hall doing everything else, Knott would not be where they are right now. He proved how valuable at the Beach Ball classic and the WYMT tourney. Hands down best player in region, top 4 in the state.

Coy- Noble always at the top, he gets his kids to play super hard for him.
Justice has done a great job with JBS
Whitaker great job at Powell
Coach at Owsley county deserves to be in talks of great coach
Bentley really good also.

BB and Hammonds, not even close to top coaches no one will remember either of them after they disappear next year.:gtfo:
What are folks using as evidence to select Whitaker as COY? Just curious
Looks like decent year but haven't really seen them play., didn't see any quality wins
For the record... I think Evan Hall is a great player and he would be a stud on any team in the region... But teams are keying in on Justice and that's the reason why Hall is so effective.

You can argument that makes him worthy of POY, but I have a hard time giving POY to the second best player on a team.
zaga_fan Wrote:For the record... I think Evan Hall is a great player and he would be a stud on any team in the region... But teams are keying in on Justice and that's the reason why Hall is so effective.

You can argument that makes him worthy of POY, but I have a hard time giving POY to the second best player on a team.

Respectfully disagree. Cams been the focus since Zachary Davis graduated and it wasn't until this year, after a VERY dedicated summer to his game by Evan Hall, did he become the player he is. Cam can score and has done a GREAT amount over his four years to earn a shot at Mr. Basketball, which I hope he wins,but for this lone 2014-2015 season, Evan Hall IS Knott's difference maker. Has a great game around the basket and can step out and hit threes. Throws it down with authority and unlike his earlier years, disciplined enough on the boards to not foul. Way better decision maker, team player and overall basketball player than he was before.

But if it goes to anyone other than those two, it's a travesty.
With POY you can't go wrong with Justice or Hall. Both are great players. As for COY I'm pulling for John Noble of Buckhorn.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Respectfully disagree. Cams been the focus since Zachary Davis graduated and it wasn't until this year, after a VERY dedicated summer to his game by Evan Hall, did he become the player he is. Cam can score and has done a GREAT amount over his four years to earn a shot at Mr. Basketball, which I hope he wins,but for this lone 2014-2015 season, Evan Hall IS Knott's difference maker. Has a great game around the basket and can step out and hit threes. Throws it down with authority and unlike his earlier years, disciplined enough on the boards to not foul. Way better decision maker, team player and overall basketball player than he was before.

But if it goes to anyone other than those two, it's a travesty.

Cam has definitely been the focal point of defenses, but it hasn't been until this year that he has allowed his teammates to carry Knott.

I saw Knott play several close games last year and in all of those games Cam took heavily contested shots and pushed the issue. That's not the case this year.

I just think that if a team plays Knott straight up Justice would dominate and Hall would be a more than adequate second option.
Pages: 1 2 3