Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Losing Weight!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's your experience with trying to lose weight? Anyone know anything that can help you lose weight that actually works?? :muscleman
I seem to always be able to lose weight over the summer, but get me back to school and I put it back on.
Over the summer I gained 25 pounds from working at ACS, not being as active and eating fast food 5 out of 7 days from May to August so I've been trying to lose some of that. I took the green tea pills, started working out when I had time and started moderating what I was eating and within the first 3 weeks I lost 7 pounds... I don't know how much I have lost these past two weeks, I haven't been home to weigh myself but hopefully it keeps declining.
I tried just doing excersise and dieting alone and ended up gaining more weight from my apetite growing where I was active which was bad cause I always over-ate and thats when I decided to take the green tea things since they are suppose to control appetite... it worked....
Any side effects to the green tea pills??
i was doin weight watchers without goin to the meetings before a couple weeks ago and i lost 7 pounds in a week & 1/2. It seems to work pretty good.
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Any side effects to the green tea pills??

Not that I experienced, I didn't feel anything any different other than some extra energy. Also, I love eggs espically for breakfast so I just started eating the egg whites without the yolk and that also helped...The thing with the green tea pills is you can lose up to 20 pounds but it's over a period of time...it's not like some of the others that makes you lose it all at once, if you lose it gradually and slow then there's less of a chance that you will gain it back... or as much of it back.
I lost 20 lbs on weight watchers back last winter...I started back last week. Shew it just takes so damn long.
divorce....................works better than WW JC or atkins
what About Man Boobs? [size=2]Anyone Had Any Luck Getting Rid Of Em???[/size]
get your jaws wired shut.. I lost 45 pounds in 2 weeks.. I went from 190 to 145.. just like that.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:get your jaws wired shut.. I lost 45 pounds in 2 weeks.. I went from 190 to 145.. just like that.

You forgot to add the prescription for this.

Get on ATV
Fly down road in fog
Crash
Go to hospital
Get jaw wirerd shut.
TADA Supermodel figure!
haha well i might just try that haha
Doc Holliday Wrote:divorce....................works better than WW JC or atkins
I agree with you Doc....it does work....lol
The wrestler diet .. Starve and run
Midee1 Wrote:You forgot to add the prescription for this.

Get on ATV
Fly down road in fog
Crash
Go to hospital
Get jaw wirerd shut.
TADA Supermodel figure!

hahah.. you forgot get married while in the hospital lol
I have gone from 273 down to 233(as of last week),

I dropped the first 30 pounds all on my own then hit that brick wall we all hear about. Then my brother suggest that we both start doing the P90X workout and
incorporate their diet in our life like the workout says you should.

I have changed becasue I can not eat the calories I am suppose to and in the three weeks we have been doing this I have dropped another ten pounds making my total 40 pounds dropped.

I have 33 more to go to hit the first big goal.

I am also using a website a person suggested to track my food and exercise and this is helping me in a large way.

www.myfitnesspal.com

It does all the work for you as far as tracking your calories, fat in take and a lot of other things.
Low Carb Diet and walking/bike = 20 lbs since January
I've lost about 50 pounds by eating what I want, but quit when I get full, cutting back on my pepsi and drinking a lot of ice water. So far I have kept it off. I was walking a lot last summer but got sick and had to have surgery and have not been able to get back in the habit of it.
Work Out, Run a mile every day, Crunches/Push-Ups, Eat alot of protein, drink plenty of water. You will be lookin great in no time.
I've lost 51 pounds since November.
I didnt really watch, what I ate, just when I ate. Never eat late at night.
I stopped drinking pop.
Lately I've been playing a lot of ball.
I'm on Weight Watchers and I have lost 112 lbs. and still going.
I've cut my calorie intake in half and just been playing some basketball and it seems to be working quite well. Just get off of the couch and do something. Your metabolism speeds up with any kind of light workout and quickly breaks down any kind of food intake you have. I've gone from around 220 down to 205 in about 3 weeks time just by doing what I said above. Cutting calorie intake in half and just shooting basketball for about an hour per day. Plus I generally eat what I want on the weekends. It's working so far.
No change this week still at 233.
You can try any diet pill you want and get on any diet but what's worked for me is:

1) Not eat after 7pm.
2) Quit drinking pop...water has 0 calories compared to 140 in your average 12 oz soda.
3) Do anywhere from 30-60 mins of cardio per day. By doing this you speed up your metabolism which helps break down the food you intake everyday.
4) Cut out fastfood. I have to admit, I still eat fastfood from time to time, but it's always the grilled chicken sandwich plain.

I've been doing this since the end of may and I've went from 235 to 207.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:No change this week still at 233.

Everyone has weeks like that from time to time, but you've still lost 40 lbs. :Thumbs:
Old School Wrote:Everyone has weeks like that from time to time, but you've still lost 40 lbs. :Thumbs:
40 sounds grat and I guess it is but the sad thing is I still do not see a diference. But then again when one was as fat as I was/am it is going to take a lot of dropped pounds to show a difference to the one who is dropping them.:thatsfunn
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:40 sounds grat and I guess it is but the sad thing is I still do not see a diference. But then again when one was as fat as I was/am it is going to take a lot of dropped pounds to show a difference to the one who is dropping them.:thatsfunn

To bad it not really like you see on TV or these diet adds where some young lady can lose seven or ten pounds and her pants have an extra 2 or 3 inches around the waistline. :biggrin:
In the real world it is so much different.
Workout 3 days a week, do some sort of cardio everyday, drink a liter of water per every 1000 calories you eat.

Stop drinking soda pop, stay active, and keep away from fast food.

This is the type of workout I've began, but I'm trying to replace the fat with muscle.
Pages: 1 2