Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern 87 Russell co. 80
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final from russell co
I dont have many details other than sw was called for fouls left and right all nite. Played 12 people in the first half. 20 fouls on sw in first half alone.
Lakers defense was designed to slow down Gover and Kromer made them pay. Gover and Gaskins played like 2 of the best players in our region. The kid from Russell may be the best I've seen this year. I thought we would bounce back tonight, and at Russell is not a easy place to win.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Lakers defense was designed to slow down Gover and Kromer made them pay. Gover and Gaskins played like 2 of the best players in our region. The kid from Russell may be the best I've seen this year. I thought we would bounce back tonight, and at Russell is not a easy place to win.
Kel Stotts?
heard cromer had a huge 4th q with 15 points in the quarter. We needed a good win right now. Thats a good hard fought win at russell
good win warriors. way to bounce back
Hate to complain about the officiating but they were as bad as it gets. Watched most of the girls game right before the boys played and them same refs were just as bad in that one. I didn't think Gaskin played much with all the foul trouble and then he fouled out? Not that he isn't a big part of what the Warriors do but we played much of the night with a small lineup with him and Clark in constant foul trouble. People can say what they want about who is the leader and who is not but Danny Butte plays both ends of the floor and leads this team and did again tonight. You have to live with some of his youth mistakes but he would be the hardest player on this team to replace. So many things he does doesn't show up in the stat sheet or paper but he makes that team roll. I thought Gover did a good job tonight and hitting Cromer for them big open looks in the left corner that got our Warriors rolling in the second half. Isaacs did a good job of finishing the game off. Coach Wright will have this team where they need to be. I liked how he coached tonight through all the bad officiating. I was sure this would be one of them nights he would be thrown out but he went deep deep in the bench and got the most out of his team in the second half to get the win.
Good Game.
Isaccs played maybe his best game of the season also.
Lil Gover and his troops bounce back with a nice win. Great chemistry last night.
Gaskin and clarke both fouled out and was in foul trouble all nite. cromer with 23 gover 21 and butt 20. not sure on issacs pts but heard he played well. Gover and Issacs with several assists. butt can play multiple positions on the floor hard to replace that. good win at russell co
Congrats to Southwestern on a hard fought game.
Fitzgerald not play?
no fitz didnt play
Frozen Tundra Wrote:Lil Gover and his troops bounce back with a nice win. Great chemistry last night.

Great chemistry in that they all sit on the bench together in foul trouble..
Bucwheat Wrote:Great chemistry in that they all sit on the bench together in foul trouble..
so you are saying we beat Russell County with our subs. Wow. We must be that good

:lame::thatsfunn
Southwestern with a tough deserving win.
Bucwheat Wrote:Great chemistry in that they all sit on the bench together in foul trouble..

You're stupid.
Proud of the Lakers effort, they gave everything they had against one of the top teams in the state! Good job Lakers can't wait to see what you do the rest of the season. Best wishes to SW the reast of the way!
Frozen Tundra Wrote:so you are saying we beat Russell County with our subs. Wow. We must be that good

That's what I was thinking, our future in really bright beating Russell County with our bench players.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:Lil Gover and his troops bounce back with a nice win. Great chemistry last night.

Yeah, he forced Russell County to surrender.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:so you are saying we beat Russell County with our subs. Wow. We must be that good

Wasn't meaning anything bad by it. Just stating it. Yeah those subs displayed great chemistry, they should be playing every game.
Bucwheat Wrote:Wasn't meaning anything bad by it. Just stating it. Yeah those subs displayed great chemistry, they should be playing every game.

:flush:Yeah, I agree. We are a top 10 team in the state, with 1 all state player and probably 2 all region players and a couple all district players, you're right, we should play are bench players a lot more.
Good to see Warriors getting back on track.
We are not top ten anymore. dropped out of top 20. Got a good stretch of games though that if we play well and we get everybody healthy we can climb back in.
Great win for Southwestern.