Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will be Harlan County's Next Coach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Bear booster Wrote:coach larkey is the county AD not the school AD

So before you put you stupid lol on there you need to know before you speak

Eat a snickers.

You're not yourself when HC is sucking at everything.
The only thing we suck at is a coward for a Principal and some sad delusional parents/so called supporters.

If we were so irrelevant then you and your Whitley trolls would stay out of HC forums,
Rollo14
Are you real? You are a all time great poster.
Read my lips you are in Harlan Ky and will never ever have a better coach than Larky. Love your people but my gosh talent is not there.
Granny Bear get them together
And thus the total destruction of the Black Bear football program. You saw what happened to Letcher Central after their big name coach left, its just so happens they got another one. Harlan WILL NOT be that lucky.
Bear booster Wrote:Well then we should just clean house with every coach of every sport, not one team we have has won a region championship except the football (2)times. With the consolidation of all these great athletes we are supposed to have and only the football team does any good and the coach gets fired for winning 8 games a yr.
What a bunch of hypocrites we have.

If the measure of your football program is state titles, then the measure of your entire sports programs should be the same. Excellent post.
Bear Booster:

Since you just joined in Oct 14 you may not understand just how this works. A school fires its coach then there are a bunch who love to give that schools supporters a lot of guff. It comes with the territory. Get used to it. Whitley went through it last year, and next year it will be somebody else's turn.

Harlan County Supporters:

This is not going to be a fun process. Take it from somebody who knows. Sit back and let the machinery take over. It is going to be a process, I'm sure that the admin has a name or two in mind but they may not be interested in the job. Regardless of your support of the coach who was just let go, or the coach to be named later, you still have to support your team. More often than not it will turn out okay......you might get lucky with your hire or not but you still have to support your athletes.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Bear Booster:

Since you just joined in Oct 14 you may not understand just how this works. A school fires its coach then there are a bunch who love to give that schools supporters a lot of guff. It comes with the territory. Get used to it. Whitley went through it last year, and next year it will be somebody else's turn.

Harlan County Supporters:

This is not going to be a fun process. Take it from somebody who knows. Sit back and let the machinery take over. It is going to be a process, I'm sure that the admin has a name or two in mind but they may not be interested in the job. Regardless of your support of the coach who was just let go, or the coach to be named later, you still have to support your team. More often than not it will turn out okay......you might get lucky with your hire or not but you still have to support your athletes.

Yes we should always support our kids

Unlike some posters who support our kids and hope the coaches fail for personal reasons,.
Rollo14 Wrote:I am happy to see HC get a fresh start in football. We have some great teams but never had a true contender for the state title. That is what this new school was touted to be at its inception and that is what I want to see. I agree Coach Larkey has been a great coach and deserves our respect but it was still time to move on. Every year no matter how good we were or our record was, our season ended when we faced a team that was as athletic as we were and they just put everyone in the box and stopped the run. We never had an answer for that. The Head Coach gets all the credit for each win and therefore he has to take the heat for each loss. It was time to do something different if we were to ever reach that mythical state champion level we were promised. Coach Larkey would have probably won the district again next season and lost by 40 in the third round of the playoffs. He may have even won 10 games again if he could get Belfry and Johnson county and bell county off the schedule. Maybe it is just me but I want more than that. Everyone has said that he fired because of a few unhappy parents. I can promise you it is not just a few and not only parents that were unhappy.
I hope this is fresh start for the Black Bears that will lead to some Championships.

The ole super secret defense of putting everyone in the box has cost another know nothing coach his job, geez, don't want to burst your bubble, but Madison Southern, Cooper, and Fort Thomas have all been more athletic than Harlan County and regardless of offense the outcome wouldn't have been much different, the better team won. You were playing against an SEC talent at QB in Towles and the Best running back in the nation in his class against Southern. You could have had Raylin Givens from down in Evarts handing it off to Scotty Russell and it probably wouldn't have changed much.
Rollo14 Wrote:I am happy to see HC get a fresh start in football. We have some great teams but never had a true contender for the state title. That is what this new school was touted to be at its inception and that is what I want to see. I agree Coach Larkey has been a great coach and deserves our respect but it was still time to move on. Every year no matter how good we were or our record was, our season ended when we faced a team that was as athletic as we were and they just put everyone in the box and stopped the run. We never had an answer for that. The Head Coach gets all the credit for each win and therefore he has to take the heat for each loss. It was time to do something different if we were to ever reach that mythical state champion level we were promised. Coach Larkey would have probably won the district again next season and lost by 40 in the third round of the playoffs. He may have even won 10 games again if he could get Belfry and Johnson county and bell county off the schedule. Maybe it is just me but I want more than that. Everyone has said that he fired because of a few unhappy parents. I can promise you it is not just a few and not only parents that were unhappy.
I hope this is fresh start for the Black Bears that will lead to some Championships.

Michigan fired a coach I think 8 years ago that won a National title just a few years before they fired him. Call them and ask them how that has worked out for them. And those guys can recruit and have been awful! Be careful what you wish for, I believe you will be posting in a few years from now saying WHY CANT WE MAKE IT TO THE REGION CHAMPIONSHIP GAME WE USE TO GO TO IT ALL THE TIME. 6 teams a year in this state win state championships, its a very hard thing to do 6 teams just let that sink in 6!!!!
If they fired Larkey and they don't already have a replacement ( I personally believe they do )ready to take his place. They deserve what going to come.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Michigan fired a coach I think 8 years ago that won a National title just a few years before they fired him. Call them and ask them how that has worked out for them. And those guys can recruit and have been awful! Be careful what you wish for, I believe you will be posting in a few years from now saying WHY CANT WE MAKE IT TO THE REGION CHAMPIONSHIP GAME WE USE TO GO TO IT ALL THE TIME. 6 teams a year in this state win state championships, its a very hard thing to do 6 teams just let that sink in 6!!!!
How many teams wins state each year again? Confusednicker:
DarthVader Wrote:The ole super secret defense of putting everyone in the box has cost another know nothing coach his job, geez, don't want to burst your bubble, but Madison Southern, Cooper, and Fort Thomas have all been more athletic than Harlan County and regardless of offense the outcome wouldn't have been much different, the better team won. You were playing against an SEC talent at QB in Towles and the Best running back in the nation in his class against Southern. You could have had Raylin Givens from down in Evarts handing it off to Scotty Russell and it probably wouldn't have changed much.

DV love your post but Madison Southern only had 1 guy more athletic than Harlan Co. Saw both of them play 3 times apiece. But I like the rest of your post.
Everyone talking that HC has no talent doesn't know anything about football or there just going by there upperclassman. The freshman group this year is probably the best group HC has had since tucker Lewis freshman group and they won a regional title. the 7th and 8th grade team which was made of mostly 7th graders won 9 games. the 6th grade team which mostly played 7th grade teams only lost 1 game. So there is a lot of talent coming up its just a couple of years away. Get the right coach and HC will be fine.
Footballcrazyman. That sums it up. You won't get a better coach. Wake up
Larkey would have won with those kids coming up. When the talent pool got deeper he would have started winning again. He is a very good coach.
I agree larkey is a great coach! I hate to see him go but whoever gets the HC job will have some talent to work with in the future.
I'm sure everyone has seen what happens when two dogs within a pack will start fighting. All the other dogs will pick one of the two, and gang up on him until he's dead or severely injured. That's exactly the way this thread makes me feel.

I made one post in the other thread, Larky is out at Harlan...or something similiar, and said that I would not return because of all the hatred and negativity that I knew would be posted. I know I should have thicker skin, and normally I can take the trolls, the people who are full of shit and want to hear themselves talk, the jealous ones and the ones who think they know a whole lot more than they really do. But some of these posts are not from those people...."thus the total destruction of Black Bear football"...really??

I have been concerned over the past couple of years when Whitley Co, Lynn Camp, Bell Co, Knox Central and Clay Co were in the same position that Harlan Co is in now. I really feel for the kids, all of them, that give so much to a football program yet school political bullshit gets in the way of their sacrifices. I think that is just despicable.

I can't and won't deal with these comments, so I am choosing to remove myself from this thread as well.
Is there anyone in the county that would be qualified enough to take it that would have enough support? Jon Reynolds? Eddie Creech?
The reason that I mention those two specifically is that they are both former coaches and the kids loved them. Very good coaches.
I get the point you're making Booster, but the cross country program has won 2 regional titles and been in the state meet every single year since the school opened.
In Williamsburg I beleive
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Eat a snickers.

You're not yourself when HC is sucking at everything.

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
The Eagle has landed Wrote:DV love your post but Madison Southern only had 1 guy more athletic than Harlan Co. Saw both of them play 3 times apiece. But I like the rest of your post.

That one guy was something special, if all other guys are even close in ability, I would like my chances with that guy touching the rock.
In a district with improving Whitley, north laurel that has really nice young talent coming up, and a Holcomb coached Letcher. Pulaski and southwestern in region who will be powerhouses.

Makes me think of exchanging your M16 for a slingshot as you get off of the helicopter.

Even guys who want to go home and prove their coaching metal will hesitate on this one.
Bear booster Wrote:Well then we should just clean house with every coach of every sport, not one team we have has won a region championship except the football (2)times. With the consolidation of all these great athletes we are supposed to have and only the football team does any good and the coach gets fired for winning 8 games a yr.
What a bunch of hypocrites we have.

:lmao:
we're talking football not basketball or any other sport get with it. Whats done is done. I don't agree with it either but it's over now. Time to hope they find a half way decent coach that will take the job. Larkey was a great coach but his style of football has came and gone. Hate that he didn't get to leave on his terms but thats just part of life.
panther nation Wrote::lmao:
we're talking football not basketball or any other sport get with it. Whats done is done. I don't agree with it either but it's over now. Time to hope they find a half way decent coach that will take the job. Larkey was a great coach but his style of football has came and gone. Hate that he didn't get to leave on his terms but thats just part of life.

I doubt it came and went in 1 yr, plus if you actually watched any of our games, after Eddie Creech quit calling plays we went spread quite a bit.

Its so funny that anything negative anyone says about coach larkey Demarcus Ware gives it a like. He is one supporter I think our program can do without. Hopefully our new coach will figure out who he can trust and who he cant.
I understand the Ideal behind mountain football (I think this is the reason Coach Larkey was fired also) it limits turnovers and you can hide the fact that you may not be very athletic and overpower teams late in games.

Mountain football is a playoff killer and apparently now a Hall of fame Coach Killer....

I understood this was coming down the pipes when in the Harlan Co press box you can hear a big majority of there fans really upset with Coach Larkey coaching style (which I understand and respect ). I've watched him beat teams bear crawling and playing mountain football that he should not have beat. Now he may not have a state championship and a lot of big wins but he is the coach you want to represent your school.

Under Coach Larkey you will turn out great young men and have a Great program with values.

As an outsider even someone who thinks Mountain Football must advance or evolve by playoff time I still think this is a mistake for Harlan Co Football
panther nation Wrote::lmao:

One bad year and he's done.... huh? This is probably the dumbest comment I have read on here. You do realize that he has won 8 games a year at Harlan County. That is about the same level that Knox Central has been at. Seems that the series is even at 2-2 between the two. If that is done then Russell needs fired as well.
Objective Wrote:I understand the Ideal behind mountain football (I think this is the reason Coach Larkey was fired also) it limits turnovers and you can hide the fact that you may not be very athletic and overpower teams late in games.

Mountain football is a playoff killer and apparently now a Hall of fame Coach Killer....

I understood this was coming down the pipes when in the Harlan Co press box you can hear a big majority of there fans really upset with Coach Larkey coaching style (which I understand and respect ). I've watched him beat teams bear crawling and playing mountain football that he should not have beat. Now he may not have a state championship and a lot of big wins but he is the coach you want to represent your school.

Under Coach Larkey you will turn out great young men and have a Great program with values.

As an outsider even someone who thinks Mountain Football must advance or evolve by playoff time I still think this is a mistake for Harlan Co Football

Belfry, Johnson Central, Harlan County all have success doing what they do. Everyone forgets that there is only one happy team at the end of the season. But the fans that were screaming will get what they want. I'll bet in two years this will be a decision that they will regret. You didn't just lose Larkey but Ovie Canady also. Its hard to find coaches that are as dedicated and that the kids loved as much as these two.

The people who are willing to sell their souls just to get a game or two further in the playoffs don't understand that NO ONE has beat Highlands in years from their division. It doesn't matter during this time who the coach is Harlan still wouldn't have a state title. Im sure who ever gets the job next year will have success because they returned about everyone so they will look like a genius but over the long term the tale may be different.
Bear booster Wrote:I doubt it came and went in 1 yr, plus if you actually watched any of our games, after Eddie Creech quit calling plays we went spread quite a bit.

Its so funny that anything negative anyone says about coach larkey Demarcus Ware gives it a like. He is one supporter I think our program can do without. Hopefully our new coach will figure out who he can trust and who he cant.
Hey booster why is it ive been smart enough tonsee this coming and been saying it all year long but you've denied it? Guess you're not much of a booster if you didn't know this was happening huh? Confusednicker: not only are you a horrible booster but know nothing about football. You people on here thought you represented the county but in fact the county wanted him gone when he lost control of the team 2 years ago when the state police had to break up a fight at halftime and arrest a player in the locker room. This goes beyond football and if you knew the team like you think you do you would know that. This was the right move just the wrong way to do it. but in the end booster I was right and you were wrong as usual so get over it he's gone and nothing can be done about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12