Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry's O-LINE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belfry has some big ole boys on the o-line. Could someone post some info. on some of these guys, Heights,Weights and grade. They've done a great job this season and deserve a lil' recognition, Thanks.:thumpsup:
I dont know who they are, but Hazard scrimmaged them this season...and they didnt seem that big or tough. They may not have had their starters in but they played the whole game...they were okay but not all state or anything. Good job to them tho...
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I dont know who they are, but Hazard scrimmaged them this season...and they didnt seem that big or tough. They may not have had their starters in but they played the whole game...they were okay but not all state or anything. Good job to them tho...

They may not be, Choppin is for anyone who is playing Russell. If you're playing Russell that week, he's your biggest fan.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I dont know who they are, but Hazard scrimmaged them this season...and they didnt seem that big or tough. They may not have had their starters in but they played the whole game...they were okay but not all state or anything. Good job to them tho...

I'm sorry.. but Belfry practiced they're 2nd & 3rd string against Hazard...
Scrimmages are practice.. You don't risk injuring your starters playing hardcore in a game that doesn't matter...
But really tho.. who is Hazard to say anything about anyone?.. Smile
They are one of the toughest lines around thats why they are in the semi-finals,there might be one team around a little better.lol:devilflam
JFLDAD Wrote:They are one of the toughest lines around thats why they are in the semi-finals,there might be one team around a little better.lol:devilflam

yeah, thats true lol.. but why would you want to bring up Trinity? LOL haha TongueirateSho
mrfootball03 Wrote:yeah, thats true lol.. but why would you want to bring up Trinity? LOL haha TongueirateSho
Touche :devilflam andTongueirateSho cant wait,4 days
Why are we talking about a scimmage? The line has do be doing something right . The Pirates have two backs over 1,000 yds. It took this line a few games to get in sync because they had to replace four regular starters from the previous year. Russell and Belfry the cream of the crop . They both have good lines
LT Bobby Burton 5"6 207 Sr
LG Jimbo Stanley5'10 204 Jr
C Aaron Warren 6'2 250 Sr
RG Derek McCoy 5'11 220 Sr
RT Jesse Church 5'11 242 Sr
TE Chad Steele 6'2 210 Sr
Matt Totten 6'3 283 also has experience.

These young men have worked hard all year. The offense begins up front and they can open some holes
Quote:
I'm sorry.. but Belfry practiced they're 2nd & 3rd string against Hazard...
Scrimmages are practice.. You don't risk injuring your starters playing hardcore in a game that doesn't matter...

uh hazard played their starters for the second scrimmage of the season...and i dont know about the football team u are from but we treat scrimmages just like games and we did play our starters and i think a district champ team and region runners up team could talk about anything or anyone they wanted....I didnt say they were horrible....i just didnt think they were special...Rolleyes
My gosh...HUGE!
mrfootball03 Wrote:I'm sorry.. but Belfry practiced they're 2nd & 3rd string against Hazard...

I believe you are getting way too cocky my friend. Hazard has always a reputation for giving big teams a run for their money whenever overlooked. Scrimmages are played to get the starters in game shape, if u all didnt play your starters then there is something seriously wrong with y'alls philosophys of scrimmages. Belfry is a good team and ahs a great history, but as district champs and regional runner ups we demand respect.
They are a very good offensive and defensive team and i wish them luck for the future, but dont trash talk my team, coz i will always defend them, and if a bulldog doesnt like something, is somebody else talking trash about fellow bulldogs.
joethegreek Wrote:LT Bobby Burton 5"6 207 Sr
LG Jimbo Stanley5'10 204 Jr
C Aaron Warren 6'2 250 Sr
RG Derek McCoy 5'11 220 Sr
RT Jesse Church 5'11 242 Sr
TE Chad Steele 6'2 210 Sr
Matt Totten 6'3 283 also has experience.

These young men have worked hard all year. The offense begins up front and they can open some holes

Russell's offensive line:

T Toby Hicks 6'3" 330
G Adam Foster 6'1" 190
C Ethan Gullet 6'3" 270
G Josh Wills 6'0" 192
T Brandon Barnes 6'0" 247
Is this a Russel thread or Belfry?
i didn't mean any disrespect. You can't go by scimmages on how a team is going to perform. my sr year in high school. Our football team played pitiful in our scimmages. I thought we were going to be horrible. But we went 9-2. When a line is inexperienced it takes time. I think Hazard is a good team with young athletes. And I think they have a chance of going deep in the post season for a couple of years..
nice post joe...i hate it when people get on here with nothing nice to say about a team...mrfootball03:ChairHit:
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Is this a Russel thread or Belfry?

I read it as a Belfry thread. Someone just posted Russell's line to show how they may match up.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Is this a Russel thread or Belfry?

Its a Belfry O-line thread in an open forum. Since Belfry plays Russell (with 2 Ls) this week, I thought I would put Russell's line up as a comparison.
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:I believe you are getting way too cocky my friend. Hazard has always a reputation for giving big teams a run for their money whenever overlooked. Scrimmages are played to get the starters in game shape, if u all didnt play your starters then there is something seriously wrong with y'alls philosophys of scrimmages. Belfry is a good team and ahs a great history, but as district champs and regional runner ups we demand respect.
They are a very good offensive and defensive team and i wish them luck for the future, but dont trash talk my team, coz i will always defend them, and if a bulldog doesnt like something, is somebody else talking trash about fellow bulldogs.

A Decent Lineman Wrote:nice post joe...i hate it when people get on here with nothing nice to say about a team...mrfootball03:ChairHit:

Well, i'm just telling you that you can't talk about boys who did not play...
Don't get on here talking how they arn't something special when they didn't even play against you all..

AND NO, Belfry doesn't scrimmage like a real game.. You can go undefeated in scrimmages, and lose everygame of the season... what have you proved..? not a damn thing...

And "punjabi_bulldog79", there isn't anything wrong with Belfry's philosiphy on scrimmages.. Thier philosiphy has gotten them 2 state championships, and at least 2 state semi's.. in the past 4 years in AA... can you say that? Confusedhh:

But this is about Belfry.. If you haven't seen them play.. then shut up..

BY THE WAY.. this isn't a Hazard thread, so take your Hazard talk to another thread..
:thumpsup: :howdy:
who keeps deleting my post?
Totten could get more playing time . Just to add some beef up front. Belfry's defensive line might be small. But there quick,and they can split the gaps. Especially Phillip Hickman and Bobby Burton. . Also the D line has held there own against mammoth lines except for Sheldon Clark. Also Belfry has good depth on the O line.
Belfry will be fine on the line. If they play penalty free football, they wont have to do too much.

A Belfry OL is asked to hit their guy, hold it for a second (maybe two) and let go. By that time, the back is through the hole. Of course on certain plays, pulling gaurds etc, will be asked to keep thier blocks a "moment" longer.

I am very proud of these guys.

Haywood has made a calculated move IMO. Sutherland, is probably as gifted a lineman as we have, yet he plays defense only. IMO that shows great confidence in some of the other guys.
Ref Devil Wrote:They may not be, Choppin is for anyone who is playing Russell. If you're playing Russell that week, he's your biggest fan.
It's real funny anytime I brag on or compliment anyone besides Russell, Someone gets offended.(LOL) If Russell plays someone form the north or west I'm for them. I just think Belfry wins Friday. We've got comments and even pics of Russell's linemen. I would like to hear a lil' about Belfry's linemen. When someone other than Russell gets bragged on it sends this big shockwave of offense to some people. :redboxer:
Heck with it.. Let the Belfry boys do the talking on the field!!!

Just like a train.. you'll see it when it goes by!!! :rockon:

Throw all the stats out the window.. Russell and Belfry is a rivalry.. 0-0 is the record now.. draw the battle lines.. it's a war.. whoever brings the biggest guns are gonna win... :flame:
Getum-Choppin Wrote:It's real funny anytime I brag on or compliment anyone besides Russell, Someone gets offended.(LOL) If Russell plays someone form the north or west I'm for them. I just think Belfry wins Friday. We've got comments and even pics of Russell's linemen. I would like to hear a lil' about Belfry's linemen. When someone other than Russell gets bragged on it sends this big shockwave of offense to some people. :redboxer:

I don't think I've ever heard you brag on Russell at all. Truely, I could really care less who you brag on. I was just making an opinion about why I thought this thread was started based on your prior posts on these HS sports forum sites. That's all. It's nothing personal, I don't even know ya!!! If you wanted info on Belfry's lineman just ask but you acted like they were the best things since sliced bread. That's why I thought what I did because you built them up and you didn't know anything about them. That's why I thought it was a cheap shot towards Ruseell. If I'm mistaken then I seriously apologize, I did not mean to offend you in anyway, shape, or form. I hope you understand now why I thought the way I did.