Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co 61 Corbin 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Corbin also made Clay Countys sit in the upper deck as well.
I don't understand....

Corbin's opponents' student sections are made to sit in the upper sections.

Is this for Corbin's HOME games??
E's Army Wrote:Yes they would

I got that.
Corbin has always been A great place to enjoy A ball game. I never heard that before.
Where does Corbin's Student section set ?
Seems like if you pay your hard earned cash you can sit anywhere you want. With the exception of the reserved section

KUDOS to the Whitley Student Section and Fans....you outnumbered and were louder than the home teams groups. It was nice to see so much support for the Colonels on the road.

You could tell that the team liked the support and I think it did have a positive effect. The Whitley kids stayed and cheered for both games, the Corbin student section disbanded after the boys game. Corbin also had built wood risers to insert into the stands for their student section behind their bench.
Seems like corbin has some fair weather fans lately......after hearing this about leaving after one game and how they did after holiday tournament. If corbin's student section sat behind the bench then why would you put opposing students section in upper deck. Thats just wrong! Leave to the redhounds.....
I would sit my ample ass anywhere I wanted to sit!!

And as far as the trashy, loud and obnoxious student sections go, I absolutely LOVE them!! The add so much to the game and I love seeing the passion and support given to the kids playing the game!!!
Granny you are to much.
^^
Well PART of me is!!

Confusednicker:
I agree......those students make the atmosphere and why not let them sit right on the floor. I always loved those gyms where students could sit behind the goals. That's their team and their school so let them scream their heads off if they want anywhere in the gym. Talk about the 6th man.......the crowd is where it is. Not many of the older folks want to get rowdy and carry on at a game. Thats why the kids need to be right on the floor.
I want to know whose going to enforce that rule......like granny said just walk in and sit down where you want. I dont thin they can move an entire crowd for no reason. Have seen corbin ad and i dont think you have anything to worry about.
Several years ago Clay County had a following that would break up in groups of 6 or 8 and disburse all over the gym. There was one particular group that stood for the entire ballgame, and always tried to get the bottom most bleacher.

Pissed the rest of us off something fierce because you had to stand to watch the game. But I never saw anyone try to MAKE them sit down!!

Smile
I remember that as a player and a spectator........i've played 13th region ball from way back and remember it well. You haven't lived until you play in the old clay county gym (the pit) and have those fans on top of your head screaming.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Every team in this district is pretty dang good.

Williamsburg 12-0
Whitley 13-5
Corbin 10-6
South 9-6

44-17 combined records.....and against some good teams.......

wburg 13=0
OLDBALLCOACH Wrote:Seems like corbin has some fair weather fans lately......after hearing this about leaving after one game and how they did after holiday tournament. If corbin's student section sat behind the bench then why would you put opposing students section in upper deck. Thats just wrong! Leave to the redhounds.....

yeah talk about fair weather fans, the burg has some success and people like you come out of the wood works with a cocky attitude ( but we understand after being beat down every year and finishing on the bottom of the district every year and not even being competitive that this feeling may not ever come back around in your life time). After the Corbin- Williamsburg boys game at Williamsburg you would have thought a fire was in the gym before the girls game cause they knew what was coming. this time next year people will be wondering what ever happened to the old I want to be a ball coach.Confusednicker: because he want be on BGR taking the punishment forth coming.:moon:
OLDBALLCOACH Wrote:I remember that as a player and a spectator........i've played 13th region ball from way back and remember it well. You haven't lived until you play in the old clay county gym (the pit) and have those fans on top of your head screaming.

Been there; done that!!!
:Clap:
OLDBALLCOACH Wrote:I want to know whose going to enforce that rule......like granny said just walk in and sit down where you want. I dont thin they can move an entire crowd for no reason. Have seen corbin ad and i dont think you have anything to worry about.

Any school can move a "reserved" banner wherever they like.
Its really hard for opposing teams to find a good seat at Corbin. When you walk into the gym, almost all of the seats to the right are reserved seats. On the other side where the benches are, over half of it is usually filled with students and other fans. In other words, pretty much the only place to sit is the upper deck and Corbins band usually takes up a complete side of it and sometimes they don't even pull out the other side.
The Corbin AD said there was some problems between Corbin and SL students so he wanted Whitley students up stairs, It worked out fine. Parents and adults sat behind bench and students stood on rail and sat in bleachers upstairs behind team.
Pages: 1 2