Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Lafayette has six football players with D1 offers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some things I just don't get! Lafayette has some good football players but how do they have 6 kids with D1 offers and SK doesn't? I watched them play and SK clearly had the better football players!

http://www.hudl.com/team/12654/highlights/88814852
Politics... No doubt they can play, but oh well...
Any team with that talent should win state championship easy...
Appatently high marks for individual talent didn't transfer well to the "Team" concept...

Best of luck and well wishes in college!
The QB, WR, LB and 2 OL have D1 offers.
Should win state championship
Lafayette's problem was defense. Only one of those D1 offered players played defense. Plus, D1 or not, 2 of the players were sophomores in 2014. The QB was a sophomore and the giant tackle was a sophomore.

Lafayette lost in the playoffs to a senior dominated SK team with no real D1 players. That same SK team was hammered twice by a senior dominated Dixie Heights team with no real D1 players. Teams (with upperclassmen) win games .... not individual talents.
I agree but if you are a coach with 6 d1 players you should be able win.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Lafayette's problem was defense. Only one of those D1 offered players played defense. Plus, D1 or not, 2 of the players were sophomores in 2014. The QB was a sophomore and the giant tackle was a sophomore.

Lafayette lost in the playoffs to a senior dominated SK team with no real D1 players. That same SK team was hammered twice by a senior dominated Dixie Heights team with no real D1 players. Teams (with upperclassmen) win games .... not individual talents.

SK has Olmstead who already has a D1 offer. I am sure Powell and Racke will go D1 also. I watched Powell run right past the Lafayette D1 LB! Dixie has 2 D1 players. SK has several kids better than the Lafayette kids sorry but it is the truth.
Clearly not, or else they would also have DI scholarships.
Pays to have a little sun tan!
Real Badman Wrote:Clearly not, or else they would also have DI scholarships.

Watch the video from the first post. I was at the game SK had more speed and dominated the game! Nobody from Lafayette could touch Dillon Powells speed!
UK1fan Wrote:Watch the video from the first post. I was at the game SK had more speed and dominated the game! Nobody from Lafayette could touch Dillon Powells speed!

It is crazy to think that a team with 6 D1 guys couldnt dominate high school ball. SK very well might have dominated and had the better players on the field. However, you can't expect the SK highlights not to make it look that way. If we watched Lafayettes highlights of the game one would think they probably won and dominated the game... It's hard to evaluate talent (even though you get an idea) from highlight films. I would much rather see full game films when evaluating players. Anyone can look like a stud in a highlight film.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:It is crazy to think that a team with 6 D1 guys couldnt dominate high school ball. SK very well might have dominated and had the better players on the field. However, you can't expect the SK highlights not to make it look that way. If we watched Lafayettes highlights of the game one would think they probably won and dominated the game... It's hard to evaluate talent (even though you get an idea) from highlight films. I would much rather see full game films when evaluating players. Anyone can look like a stud in a highlight film.

Lafayette averaged 40 points a game SK held them to 21 points! SK had over 400 yards offense and scored 35 points. Dillon Powell had 4 tds and almost 300 all purpose yards!
UK1fan Wrote:Watch the video from the first post. I was at the game SK had more speed and dominated the game! Nobody from Lafayette could touch Dillon Powells speed!

Well I would contact the various college recruiting coordinators and tell them that.
UK1fan Wrote:Lafayette averaged 40 points a game SK held them to 21 points! SK had over 400 yards offense and scored 35 points. Dillon Powell had 4 tds and almost 300 all purpose yards!

Those are all great statistics, and I stated SK may have dominated Lafayette. I was just stating its hard to evaluate which players are better if you're trying to evaluate from biased highlights. I'm not speaking of Lafayette or SK when I say that either. Just from past experience evaluating players. You can watch a teams highlights and certain players stand out and then watch the other teams and it's the exact opposite.
Here is Lafayettes video from the game.

http://www.hudl.com/team/15191/highlights/88957818
UK1fan Wrote:Here is Lafayettes video from the game.

http://www.hudl.com/team/15191/highlights/88957818

Just as I said from these highlights it looks like Lafayettes Oline and #14 dominated this game. #11 also looked like the fastest person on the field on his deep reception. But, from what you have told us that clearly isn't true. So like I said it's hard to evaluate from highlight films.
# 11 Lucky Jackson had 7 catches 99 yards 1 td. #14 had 76 yards rushing 1 td and 70 yards receiving 1 td.
You are confusing team speed with individual speed and confusing team cohesion with individual talent.

Prime example.. if you watch Belfry vs. Central it would be easy to say Belfry seemed like the faster team. They covered Central's WR's.. they made bigger plays on offense... they covered Central sideline to sideline and never let them turn the corner. The reality is if you took the 10 fastest individual players on the field Central probably had 7 of 10 of them though. It's just Belfry appeared faster because they were more instinctive and also read/reacted to plays quicker.

Simon Kenton was the better team. They also subscribed to the fact that speed can't hurt you if you tackle it or keep it in front of you.

Individual athletic talent only goes so far. If individual talent was the end all be all Stone Mountain Stephenson would have State Championship banners the past ten years. This is a school that has produced anywhere from 6-12 D-1 players a year yet they can't even reach the Semi-Finals.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You are confusing team speed with individual speed and confusing team cohesion with individual talent.

Prime example.. if you watch Belfry vs. Central it would be easy to say Belfry seemed like the faster team. They covered Central's WR's.. they made bigger plays on offense... they covered Central sideline to sideline and never let them turn the corner. The reality is if you took the 10 fastest individual players on the field Central probably had 7 of 10 of them though. It's just Belfry appeared faster because they were more instinctive and also read/reacted to plays quicker.

Simon Kenton was the better team. They also subscribed to the fact that speed can't hurt you if you tackle it or keep it in front of you.

Individual athletic talent only goes so far. If individual talent was the end all be all Stone Mountain Stephenson would have State Championship banners the past ten years. This is a school that has produced anywhere from 6-12 D-1 players a year yet they can't even reach the Semi-Finals.

great teams play together agreed, but if you have great players and you are the coach it is your job to get your team to play together.
Fayette County teams have under achieved for years.
UK1fan Wrote:SK has Olmstead who already has a D1 offer. I am sure Powell and Racke will go D1 also. I watched Powell run right past the Lafayette D1 LB! Dixie has 2 D1 players. SK has several kids better than the Lafayette kids sorry but it is the truth.

Your just never going to get it. D1 has to do with size speed first football numbers 2nd.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Lafayette's problem was defense. Only one of those D1 offered players played defense. Plus, D1 or not, 2 of the players were sophomores in 2014. The QB was a sophomore and the giant tackle was a sophomore.

Dixe has 2 real D1 players. They both have full rides at a D1 school.
UK1fan Wrote:SK has Olmstead who already has a D1 offer. I am sure Powell and Racke will go D1 also. I watched Powell run right past the Lafayette D1 LB! Dixie has 2 D1 players. SK has several kids better than the Lafayette kids sorry but it is the truth.

You say SK has D1 players but at the end of the day they don't play D1 football. Do you just get bad info or make this stuff up??
Politics have nothing to do with players getting scholarships. If anyone thinks that the head football coach at any D1 school will give a guy a ride because of politics you have no idea about the game of college football. That is just an excuse daddies give because their boy doesn't have the genetics to play the game in college!!! Size, Speed and athleticism are what they look at in D1 and D1AA. The way they are firing coaches after 1 bad year they aint giving rides to people they think cant play.