Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 88 Jackson County 74
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Manchester.
Clay gives up the most points it has all year to a not very good Jackson County team. Once again this team plays to its competition. Clay has a couple players who just give no effort on defense. If they keep this up its gonna end up biting them. Win is win. Now let's get ready for South.
Good win tonight for the Tigers, was impressed with the production that Gabbard gave them off the bench tonight. i think the Tigers would have won by 20+ if Sexton and Smith hadn't fouled out midway through the 4th quarter.
I agree 34 Gabbard had a nice effort tonight. Kids gonna make a ball player.
SUGER BEAR!!!!!!!! Played like a man tonight.
:drooling:
I would guess that Clay just went through the motion.. Hard to get really focused for a average team..
The JC kids have a lot of pride. They battled to the end.
About a reflection of what is to come.
Congrats to the Tigers!Smile
CC to much for the Horn.
I think CC has maxed out, they are as good now as they will get and without an upset they may win the 13th, I believe that the 13 is much better than last year.
Stats from last night.
Farmer 20 pts, 4 reb,
Wolfe 19 pts, 8 reb
Sexton 11 pts, 8 reb
Smith 19 pts, 10 blks, 9 reb....1 reb away from triple double.
Gabbard 8 pts, 10 reb
I watched clay play in the WYMT and what is really impressive is the Smith kid plays hard and never opens his mouth. There were times that Knott and Buchorn got really physical with him and his demeanor never changed.. So impressed with him!!
topnotch Wrote:I think CC has maxed out, they are as good now as they will get and without an upset they may win the 13th, I believe that the 13 is much better than last year.

And you are basing all your opinion on what? Jackson County will always bring their A game against Clay. Always have, even when they were weaker than this year. The added time that kids like "Sugar Bear", Mills, and Arnold (when he gets back to 100%) will do nothing but help this Tiger team. I guess as they say the proof will be in the pudding. Also, it could be possible that some other teams may just have "maxed out" early, you think?
Jackson didn't play as well as they normally do. Hammons had his worst shooting night of the year, and they didn't get the bench points they normally do. No excuses, and props to Clay Co. Toughest play to win in the 13th. Clay is 12-15 points better at home. Jackson County hasn't played to their potential this year, but still may peak at the right time. They can be a dangerous team.
Difficult to win at Clay but Smith's potential is unreal.All the players that Marcum has are well disciplined players that step up when needed.I really love this team.Say what you will,but I think they make some noise in the state tourney if they can just stay on course.Good job Tigers!
BrokenArrow Wrote:Stats from last night.
Farmer 20 pts, 4 reb,
Wolfe 19 pts, 8 reb
Sexton 11 pts, 8 reb
Smith 19 pts, 10 blks, 9 reb....1 reb away from triple double.
Gabbard 8 pts, 10 reb

Nice TEAM effort....Smith is a STUD!!!
:notworthy
Clay is like a 5 headed monster IMO. If you chose to try play man to man then they will have at least 1 or 2 miss matches all night. If you go zone then Farmer and House can shoot you out of it and Smith will kill you from the middle. If you throw a junk defense at them and chase Smith or Farmer, Wolfe will score 40 on you. Clay's has kids that can change the game without ever scoring. House flat out shut down Justice with his lock down defense. And Smith's defense and blocking shots are crazy right now. If this team continues to gel and everybody will do the little things in order to win they are really really good. I know the points are flashy and someone has to get but thus team has players that can do it all.
10 blocks from a PG? Maybe the most impressive individual stat I've seen from any player in awhile.
Yes but not many point guards has a 42" vertical leap.
I agree smith 5 a great player but I've now seen 7 or 8 of clay co games and the fact is FARMER is the key and glue of this team...he does it all from running the point to posting up. ....pretty obvious clay lost both games he had to set out
I'm just glad Smith and Farmer both play for CC.
Hard combo for teams to do anything with.
Farmer doesn't play enough defense to be the glue of a team but he is a big part. Clay doesn't win a lot of games without him but Clay also doesn't win a lot of games without Smith either. Both are good players.
That being sad, Clay doesn't win a lot of games without any of their players. They are a 5 headed monster. 6 1/2 counting sugar bear.
bballfan20 Wrote:I agree smith 5 a great player but I've now seen 7 or 8 of clay co games and the fact is FARMER is the key and glue of this team...he does it all from running the point to posting up. ....pretty obvious clay lost both games he had to set out

This guy Must be from North he doesn't know anything about defense.
Farmer like Love from the Cavs. Inside and outside.