Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 67 Shelby Valley 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville defeats Shelby Valley 67-61
Only took a SV transfer-a BL transfer -a ER transfer -a Fords Brancher and a Dry Forker to do it. Hail Pikeville?
Heard they had nobody to stop the Huffman kid.
59th may be wide open
Mjolnir Wrote:Only took a SV transfer-a BL transfer -a ER transfer -a Fords Brancher and a Dry Forker to do it. Hail Pikeville?

Confusednicker: Congrats Pikeville
Mjolnir Wrote:Only took a SV transfer-a BL transfer -a ER transfer -a Fords Brancher and a Dry Forker to do it. Hail Pikeville?
That's an old argument. Starting PG (Johnson) been at Pikeville since sometime in elementary school, other starting guard (May) been at Pikeville since I think about 2nd grade maybe 3rd, center (Huffman) is a transfer BACK to Pikeville from SV, one forward (Meade?) transferred from I think Betsy Layne, another (Battaille) has been in Pikeville since I think 5th grade when his family moved here for a job at the hospital, and yes, Skeens came from East Ridge. No more no less transfers than any other school in Pike County.

Here's my question, serious one. Why was the Silvers kid not dressed out last night for SV? Bunch onus in the stands were wondering.
oldfan13 Wrote:Heard they had nobody to stop the Huffman kid.
Partially true, but in the 4th qtr, the Johnson kid really took over with some good and timely drives off fast breaks, and Pikeville hit their free throws to seal it. Valleys biggest problem I saw was a lack of rebounding and they aren't the feared press team of old. Good D, but not the top shelf kind they used to bring at you.

I look forward to the hometown of each Shelby Valley player when they return the favor on Robinson Creek in a couple of weeks, starting with the point guard.:biggrin: