Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Me·di·o·cre Coach gets me·di·o·cre results...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nick Saben said "perfectionist don't like mediocre people and mediocre people don't like perfectionist". Your thoughts?
CATDAD2 Wrote:Nick Saben said "perfectionist don't like mediocre people and mediocre people don't like perfectionist". Your thoughts?

I agree,its do it right or don't waste ur time for me...
I know one can't win the championship every year but until you get to the level of champions one will never understand. Settling for second or worse create laziness, pressing for perfection creates an attitude that will bleed over throughout an entire community.
Well put cat dad...well put. If a coach settles for mediocre the team will be mediocre. If a coach demands perfection the team will do everything in their power to be perfect. I agree.
Someone said the best way to describe what mediocre is to describe perfection, a perfectionist demands perfection and nothing else, to give your all and no other will do. A perfectionist wins championships, developers champions, creates opportunities for scholarships. I promise you this, only perfectionist are awarded division I scholarships, anything else should land in the mediocre category or less.....
You have to strive to be the best if you want to win championships.
:hilarious:
CATDAD2 Wrote:Nick Saben said "perfectionist don't like mediocre people and mediocre people don't like perfectionist". Your thoughts?

I detect numerous grammatical errors in every one of your posts, and I'm a perfectionist. Thus, I really don't have any more time for you.

Good luck, though.
Thanks for your input, didn't ask you for your time, go enjoy all your championship trophies you've won.
CATDAD2 Wrote:Someone said the best way to describe what mediocre is to describe perfection, a perfectionist demands perfection and nothing else, to give your all and no other will do. A perfectionist wins championships, developers champions, creates opportunities for scholarships. I promise you this, only perfectionist are awarded division I scholarships, anything else should land in the mediocre category or less.....

I have to see if I'm reading this right? "Only perfectionist are awarded division I scholarships" SO, there are roughly 19,800 DI football players on scholarship right now and you say they are all perfectionist????
What is being said, as a result of being 100% dedicated to your sport, working harder than all others and going above and beyond to a level of excellence, has it's rewards. Sadly their are some that do all of these things and due to lack of support or physical size may fall through the cracks and never get what they may deserve for all their hard work. My point is if you work very hard and give your all it has it's rewards as a player or a coach.
Too many reason this is going to be a train wreck
"Winning is a habit....."
Confusedhh:

Easy to follow this motto when you can recruit what you need to be a perfectionist. I know an old coach who used to say you can't make chicken salad with chicken...... Well some of you may know the rest of that:Thumbs:
CATDAD2 Wrote:Someone said the best way to describe what mediocre is to describe perfection, a perfectionist demands perfection and nothing else, to give your all and no other will do. A perfectionist wins championships, developers champions, creates opportunities for scholarships. I promise you this, only perfectionist are awarded division I scholarships, anything else should land in the mediocre category or less.....

Whole lot of perfectionist playing in the lower levels and a whole lot of Cats awarded D1 schoarships that wake up in the mornings with that stuff that you, me and 99.9% of the rest don't.
...and, he actually said "Overachievers don't like mediocre people and mediocre people don't like overachievers."
I'm all for the hard work done perfectly, but there's a lot of things that come in to play that has nothing to do with hard work and perfection. You can't teach size and God-given speed. Ask any 5 feet 9 inch 245 pound high school lineman that works their butt off for years.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:...and, he actually said "Overachievers don't like mediocre people and mediocre people don't like overachievers."
That makes so much more sense. True perfectionists are doomed to failure. Those who achieve more than is expected of them and are capable of getting their players or employees to do the same enjoy much more success. It's all about getting everybody pulling in the same direction together.
Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect!!!
If you're talking about a guy promoting perfection his name should be spelled correctly.

From what I've seen, it's a lot more about numbers like speed, height, strength etc...

You can work all day, but as someone said if you're a 5-10 quarterback or a running back who can't run a 4.8 or an offensive tackle who is 6-1 it probably won't matter. On the other hand, if you have tremendous speed or size you get opportunities that others won't.

Nick Saban said the same thing Confusednicker: