Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 63 Middlesboro 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Bell was up 30 when they put in the JV. What is going on with Middlesboro. Bell is not that strong.
Middlesboro needs a basketball coach. Plain and simple. Nothing against the coach, but he is not the man for the job. You are right about Bell being down, and there was absolutely no reason Middlesboro should have lost. They have talent, someone needs to utilize that talent and coach this team.
I really don't know how to respond to Mboro.
I thought Middlesboro was horrible last year and knew they would be this year. When the cupboard is bare not even John Wooden could win.
Number One Fan Wrote:Middlesboro needs a basketball coach. Plain and simple. Nothing against the coach, but he is not the man for the job. You are right about Bell being down, and there was absolutely no reason Middlesboro should have lost. They have talent, someone needs to utilize that talent and coach this team.

BrokenArrow Wrote:I thought Middlesboro was horrible last year and knew they would be this year. When the cupboard is bare not even John Wooden could win.

Which is it .....is the cupboard bare or do they have talent? They have problems that is for sure.
IMO they are down on talent right now. Last year they had a kid who was decent. But that's all I saw. I'm sure there are other factors in play but if you have good talent it will find its way on the floor.
I agree , I am sure those kids work hard and are great kids, but can not play basketball. I am hearing that the administration is going to let the new coach go at the end of the season. I just do not understand the thinking in that front office. 1/2 of a season and letting him go. Whoever makes the decisions in the office needs to take the tie off and put a whistle around their neck.
You could tell several years ago they were going to be in trouble. I said in the summer they would be lucky to win five games. I saw their JV play last week and anyone who thinks they have better players on the bench is delusional.
HCS Wrote:You could tell several years ago they were going to be in trouble. I said in the summer they would be lucky to win five games. I saw their JV play last week and anyone who thinks they have better players on the bench is delusional.
Not trying to argue here. But JV as a whole is no better than varsity. But there are younger kids that have more talent than some on the floor. Plus, you have selfish players who will take a shot if they have it or not, will not pass the ball. That is your coaching right there. Do I think we should be setting the house on fire? NO. But, there is absolutely no way it should be this bad. And I do not like the statement in another post that said they have no talent. I would tell you that you have about 5 boys in that school that should be on that basketball floor, and no I am not somebody's damn mother. But when you pick and choose what and who you are, parents and kids get tired of it and won't play. And I might add that Middlesboro had a few talented players on the team last year. I don't think Thompson was that much of a coach either.
I've not met a coach yet who doesn't want to win and will take the best players, as long as they can do what they are told.
I've watched Middlesboro year after year, JV and frosh, too, and they aren't missing anybody who would have made a difference this year.
Maybe they have some in school just as talented as those on the team, but so does every school. It's easy to say it's the coach's fault when the students just don't want to put in the time and expect someone to beg them to play.
I wouldn't beg anyone to play. I never made that remark. But this playing the who you are kids has went on in Middlesboro for years and years. Parents and kids, and I might add dedicated fans are tired of this. I guess I like winning to much to even be in a conversation about Middlesboro basketball. I also know those boys do work hard, and they are down. All I am going to say is I have nothing against this coach, but I do blame his coaching skills. Like I said earlier, when you allow players to play selfish ball, that is a coaching problem, not a player problem. Discipline your team, respect your team, have respect from your team, but quit trying to be friends with certain ones. Be good to your team, but coach them and take control, can't act like their mommy! Done HCS. Nothing against you, just stating the facts. No offense.
Hang in there Mboro the worm will turn,
Wow bell up 30 and they're not good at all. mboro has more problems than the coach. I wasn't impressed with the coaching when the burg played there, but from what I heard the administration is just as much to blame as anyone. They hired the coaches. The coach will not be back next year?? The season is not half way over and that's already been said? Who would want to coach there with this kind of administration?
This coach was 3rd or 4th choice. I know two other coaches took the job and then decided against it. He's been an assistant with a couple of coaches. As far as the season not being half over, do you think the other half is going to be any better? Honestly, I hope they pull out of it and win ever game they play from now on. I don't think it is going to happen.
My guess is the reason they changed their minds is they found out they would be lucky to have two wins at this point, which is what they have. Coach Shackleford loved the program enough to take the hit EVERYONE knew was coming.
HCS Wrote:My guess is the reason they changed their minds is they found out they would be lucky to have two wins at this point, which is what they have. Coach Shackleford loved the program enough to take the hit EVERYONE knew was coming.
Yeah, that's it...keep telling yourself that. He applied when the rest of them did. He was a last resort, because it was crunch time and they had to have a coach. Those other applicants had a crystal ball and saw into the season...I gotcha! The closest you going to get as to why they didn't take the job is because of the salary they were offered and didn't want to be under this administration's thumb. :ChairHit:
I talked to one of the coaches that backed out and he said just that. Knew that they would be building for several years and wanted no part of that administration. Money was good about 12,000 extra pay.

What makes them think any good coach would come in there and coach with that kind of administration. Will not happen.
Number One Fan Wrote:Yeah, that's it...keep telling yourself that. He applied when the rest of them did. He was a last resort, because it was crunch time and they had to have a coach. Those other applicants had a crystal ball and saw into the season...I gotcha! The closest you going to get as to why they didn't take the job is because of the salary they were offered and didn't want to be under this administration's thumb. :ChairHit:

They didn't need a crystal ball. All they had to do was read my column. It was on Bluegrass Rivals last spring. Middlesboro was ranked 15th out of 17 teams last March.

http://www.harlandaily.com/news/home...t-for-a-3-peat - See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...4vl8Q.dpuf
PRIDE101 Wrote:I talked to one of the coaches that backed out and he said just that. Knew that they would be building for several years and wanted no part of that administration. Money was good about 12,000 extra pay.

What makes them think any good coach would come in there and coach with that kind of administration. Will not happen.
I think you put the frosting on the cake with administration especially with what happened at football. But I do think you will see a different Middlesboro next year. Will they win a lot? Probably not, but they will be disciplined and play as a team. I understand building a team, and I know you take the good with the bad. I had a basketball dad tell me that this coach doesn't even have plays, tells them to just go and shoot. Not working out for ya, better get a game plan. I didn't like the post about untalented kids, funny thing to me is the same ones playing are the same ones that played throughout the years, and never seen losses like this.
HCS Wrote:They didn't need a crystal ball. All they had to do was read my column. It was on Bluegrass Rivals last spring. Middlesboro was ranked 15th out of 17 teams last March.

http://www.harlandaily.com/news/home...t-for-a-3-peat - See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...4vl8Q.dpuf
I never said Thompson was a coach either. Do not refer to these boys not having talent. Are we as talented as most of the 13th district, no. They are capable of winning and it takes a coach making sure of that.
After reading your column, they applied anyway.
Number One Fan Wrote:I think you put the frosting on the cake with administration especially with what happened at football. But I do think you will see a different Middlesboro next year. Will they win a lot? Probably not, but they will be disciplined and play as a team. I understand building a team, and I know you take the good with the bad. I had a basketball dad tell me that this coach doesn't even have plays, tells them to just go and shoot. Not working out for ya, better get a game plan. I didn't like the post about untalented kids, funny thing to me is the same ones playing are the same ones that played throughout the years, and never seen losses like this.

I've not been saying anything on here to you because you are a complete idiot, but the statement you made about a dad saying they don't even run plays is the craziest thing I have ever heard!!!! They do have plays they run all the time. If you were at the games you would here the coach calling them out. But like I've said before you don't come to the games so what do you know? NOTHING!!!
JacketFan4Life Wrote:I've not been saying anything on here to you because you are a complete idiot, but the statement you made about a dad saying they don't even run plays is the craziest thing I have ever heard!!!! They do have plays they run all the time. If you were at the games you would here the coach calling them out. But like I've said before you don't come to the games so what do you know? NOTHING!!!
Unfreakingbelievable...you come on another post to bash me. I'll have you know I have watched Middlesboro play at home several times this year! Lol. You are an idiot. You accuse me of being somebody I am not, and I don't know who you want this to be, but it sure has bothered you. Just ignore what I say. I'm going to have an opinion, so are you. Let's just agree to disagree. But I would like to know who you think I am. Because I can't even begin to know. Funny.
PRIDE101 Wrote:I agree , I am sure those kids work hard and are great kids, but can not play basketball. I am hearing that the administration is going to let the new coach go at the end of the season. I just do not understand the thinking in that front office. 1/2 of a season and letting him go. Whoever makes the decisions in the office needs to take the tie off and put a whistle around their neck.

He won't be gone. He'll be coach next season.
There will be more coaching changes in the 13 th region this year than ever before. Not cause coaches being fired, just quitting..
I can see all three coaches in the county leaving or getting out.
Thought you said Shackleford would be back next year. Is he quitting?
Madness Wrote:Thought you said Shackleford would be back next year. Is he quitting?

HE WILL BE BACK.
Coaches who are planning on quitting aren't already preparing for summer basketball. smh.
Better get that memo to the administration.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:HE WILL BE BACK.
Coaches who are planning on quitting aren't already preparing for summer basketball. smh.

Craze JACKET man Wrote:There will be more coaching changes in the 13 th region this year than ever before. Not cause coaches being fired, just quitting..
I can see all three coaches in the county leaving or getting out.

All 3 coaches in Bell co leaving or getting out? If there's one that doesn't need to be back it's mboro's with the season they've had. Things must be a real mess in mboro in all sports!! It's really a shame for the kids and you have to wonder what the admin is thinking....or if they are thinking at all.
Hoopman1 Wrote:All 3 coaches in Bell co leaving or getting out? If there's one that doesn't need to be back it's mboro's with the season they've had. Things must be a real mess in mboro in all sports!! It's really a shame for the kids and you have to wonder what the admin is thinking....or if they are thinking at all.

Football is a mess because Frazier was fired. That was stupid. However, basketball is in a mess because of a LACK OF TALENT. However, the middle school teams were very good this year. so within a few years, the Jackets will have a good high school team again.