Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Damien Harris picks Alabama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The number 1 running back in the state of Kentucky picks Alabama. I would of loved to see him in white, and blue. But I wish him luck in his career.
Damien who......????
His goal is to win a National Championship and play in the NFL... truth be told Bama is the wise decision as such.
Glad we gave him a closet full of Kentucky football clothes anyways.
And what was this guys name again. Go Big Blue!
Following in the footsteps of Shaun Alexander
Congratulations Damien!! I wish you nothing but the best during your college career!!!

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Damien who......????

walterwhite Wrote:And what was this guys name again. Go Big Blue!
Confusednicker:

Pipe down you two!! I would've preferred seeing him at UK, too, but he has to make the best decision for HIM!

At least he didn't choose Louisville or OSU!!!!!
I'm so glad he's going to BAMA...I'm a UK guy, but he can actually share the load at Alabama and not put everything on himself...ROLL DAMN TIDE
Alexander played against great high school talent. Harris would be an average RB in South Florida, Texas or Cali. Harris played against very weak 5A competition in a weak area for 5A football. Just my opinion. I wish him the best of luck and would have loved if he chose Kentucky though..
Granny Bear Wrote:Congratulations Damien!! I wish you nothing but the best during your college career!!!

Confusednicker:

Pipe down you two!! I would've preferred seeing him at UK, too, but he has to make the best decision for HIM!

At least he didn't choose Louisville or OSU!!!!!

Come on Granny. Ohio State would have been perfect for him.
I think he made a smart choice. Do you want to play for a bottom rung team or a contender for a national championship? If it was basketball it would be different. We are however talking about a sport that UK can barely spell let alone play.
One of these days Kentucky will get players like Damien Harris!
I've been wrong before and most of you probably disagree, but I'm not impressed by Harris. I think he's a little overrated.
Playboy5 Wrote:Glad we gave him a closet full of Kentucky football clothes anyways.

I'm pretty sure he has a closet full full of about 20 schools clothing.

Wow, reading the hate on social media for this kid choosing the best decision for him is amazing. UK Football is not a national power. Will it take players like Damien to help make UK a national power, who knows.... But, if I am a 5 star recruit and one of my criteria is a chance to play for a National Championship, the UK is NOT where I am headed for the next four years of my life!

All of these "Fans" who are spewing hatred to this hometown hero for leaving, sure as hell don't have a problem when someone else's hometown hero leaves to come to UK for Basketball! How is what Damien did any different. He owes the University of Kentucky NOTHING! UK wants him for one reason and one reason only, and that is to exploit his talents so they can make $$$$$. Thus, he played the recruiting game and took every opportunity afforded to him - AND HE SHOULD HAVE! He made a decision to move on, just like some of you have done when making a decision to leave the loyalty of your current job to take on another.

The easy choice would have been for him to stay home where he feels comfortable and secure. Instead, he made a very mature decision by leaving everything he knows to go somewhere that guarantees him no comforts of home!

Kudos to the kid. I would have loved for him to be in Blue & White, but I applaud him getting the opportunity of a lifetime - exactly what my own son got, thus I'm sure his parents are amazed at the hate coming from those who don't live in their shoes!

As for him being good enough, overated, who cares. Someone wanted him, and whether they made the right choice or not, he wins. I'm sure there are many on here that wound up with a spouse that outsiders say "That dude way over achieved".... Recruiting is a gamble. Whether it works out or not, that's yet to be determined.
Congrats to Harris, he will have a chance to win a national title immediately. Plus, the fact that Alabama pumps so many running backs into the NFL had to help sway his decision.

Playboy5 Wrote:Alexander played against great high school talent. Harris would be an average RB in South Florida, Texas or Cali. Harris played against very weak 5A competition in a weak area for 5A football. Just my opinion. I wish him the best of luck and would have loved if he chose Kentucky though..

All the recruiting services disagree. They don't factor in the talent these guys play against to a great degree when they do their rankings, although I 100% agree with your assessment, he played against weaker competition than he would've in the areas you mentioned. But, they focus more on combine performances, all-star games and small nuances in their game film to determine ratings. Harris doesn't have amazing speed or strength (although still elite) but he has a great knack for knowing where a running lane was opening up and when to make his cuts. He has a special level of football 'instinct' that just can't be taught, that's the reason he got the 5 stars by his name.
Playboy5 Wrote:Alexander played against great high school talent. Harris would be an average RB in South Florida, Texas or Cali. Harris played against very weak 5A competition in a weak area for 5A football. Just my opinion. I wish him the best of luck and would have loved if he chose Kentucky though..

just like the number 1 back in the state of Arkansas 2yrs ago and 1 of the so called best in country Altee Tenpenny ,he plays some on special teams for Bama and that's it,when I seen him play I didn't think he was that good, they had another back that was better than him.
Great choice...Bama is the new Notre Dame of football..
I hope he does well at Alabama and I will follow his career, but I hope this doesn't end up being a mistake. Alabama is a RB machine and they have a dominant O line every year. Alabama probably has 2 or 3 RB's on the depth chart right now who are just as good if not better then this kid is. The fans and coaches will expect him to produce right out of the gate and if he don't he will disappear in the Alabama depth chart. I just hope he don't end up being one of those kids who go to one of the top programs and then for one reason or another it don't work out and then their reputation is hurt and they end up at some small school never to be heard from again. He is a Kentucky kid and I will follow him I don't care if he chose Alabama over Kentucky or not and at least he chose an SEC school and not Ohio St lol. Good luck at Alabama Damien!:Thumbs:
What makes anyone think that bc he went to bama he won't be good? Lol even if he went to UK the same could be said...did anyone see the OL UK put in the field? I did and it was awful. Hell I'd rather run behind Alabama OL in the SEC then UK OL in the same SEC. Smart move IMO. He looked pretty damn good in UA gm against the best players in the nation.
ataclance Wrote:What makes anyone think that bc he went to bama he won't be good? Lol even if he went to UK the same could be said...did anyone see the OL UK put in the field? I did and it was awful. Hell I'd rather run behind Alabama OL in the SEC then UK OL in the same SEC. Smart move IMO. He looked pretty damn good in UA gm against the best players in the nation.

It is hurt feelings that he did not go to UK. I would have done the same thing if I was in his shoes. I would rather play for a National Championship rather than playing for a team hoping for six wins to play in the toilet bowl.
Good choice for him IMO.
Stardust Wrote:I'm pretty sure he has a closet full full of about 20 schools clothing.

Wow, reading the hate on social media for this kid choosing the best decision for him is amazing. UK Football is not a national power. Will it take players like Damien to help make UK a national power, who knows.... But, if I am a 5 star recruit and one of my criteria is a chance to play for a National Championship, the UK is NOT where I am headed for the next four years of my life!

All of these "Fans" who are spewing hatred to this hometown hero for leaving, sure as hell don't have a problem when someone else's hometown hero leaves to come to UK for Basketball! How is what Damien did any different. He owes the University of Kentucky NOTHING! UK wants him for one reason and one reason only, and that is to exploit his talents so they can make $$$$$. Thus, he played the recruiting game and took every opportunity afforded to him - AND HE SHOULD HAVE! He made a decision to move on, just like some of you have done when making a decision to leave the loyalty of your current job to take on another.

The easy choice would have been for him to stay home where he feels comfortable and secure. Instead, he made a very mature decision by leaving everything he knows to go somewhere that guarantees him no comforts of home!

Kudos to the kid. I would have loved for him to be in Blue & White, but I applaud him getting the opportunity of a lifetime - exactly what my own son got, thus I'm sure his parents are amazed at the hate coming from those who don't live in their shoes!

As for him being good enough, overated, who cares. Someone wanted him, and whether they made the right choice or not, he wins. I'm sure there are many on here that wound up with a spouse that outsiders say "That dude way over achieved".... Recruiting is a gamble. Whether it works out or not, that's yet to be determined.

Very well said.
A bunch of butt hurt fans when theres no reason to be. We are not a football school, nor will we ever will be. We hired freaking Mark Stoops. Do people really think were going all out to have a good football program?
The only different in what this kid done and what I would have done is I would have never even considered KY and people wouldn't have been so worked up at the possibility.
If KY wants to do something about it, beat Bamas ass when we play them in a couple of years.
Truth be told, we already have running backs as good or better than Harris. Anyone who think the kid would have made a world of difference at UK is joking themselves. RB is one position were actually okay in. If we want to improve lets actually find some receivers who can catch the ball and find some SEC caliber defensive lineman.
The only thing that bothers me about the whole thing is his comment on tweeter about another player committing to bama. Instead of denying his possible commitment, it wouldn't have been so disappointing.
Congrats to Damien. Good luck at Bama.
He isn't overrated. He looked good the the Underarmour all-star game. Some pretty good talent there. Just hope he can stay healthy. Bama's recruiting class is loaded. Maybe three four three stars. Six five stars the rest four.
Stardust Wrote:I'm pretty sure he has a closet full full of about 20 schools clothing.

The easy choice would have been for him to stay home where he feels comfortable and secure. Instead, he made a very mature decision by leaving everything he knows to go somewhere that guarantees him no comforts of home!Kudos to the kid. I would have loved for him to be in Blue & White, but I applaud him getting the opportunity of a lifetime - exactly what my own son got, thus I'm sure his parents are amazed at the hate coming from those who don't live in their shoes!

The Alabama football players are made VERY comfortable at the University!
Curveball 24 Wrote:One of these days Kentucky will get players like Damien Harris!

Uh, didn't Tim Couch and Dennis Johnson fit into that category?
I'm just saying, I love the fact that the kid got offers from some of the best programs in the country, it's good for our state. Yes I was hoping he would've chose KY, but he did what he wants. And to even say that he's overrated is just plain ignorant. Leave that to the experts. He's legit. I will say
this, while a lot of 5 stars turn out to be great players. There are ALOT of kids out there that are two or three stars, that wind up being the best to come through CFB. I'm not saying he was the best, but hell look at Mariota, a 3-star out of high school. Look at Randall Cobb, 2-star, that makes plays on a regular basis for GB in the NFL. I'm sure many of you can name more than that.