Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone have an update on them? According to KHSAA website, they aren't scheduled again until February. Curious about how that is impacting their program.

:thanks:
:biglmao:[Image: g72j4.jpg]
ok, fair enough. I was serious in asking about their program? Anyone have info?
Well it's hard for them to find games since they didn't get to start scheduling until right before the season.

They tried to keep dates open for All-A (I'm assuming) but it looks like that's a long shot now.

Kudos to Lawrence County for agreeing to play at Cordia to give the kids a homecoming.
zaga_fan Wrote:Well it's hard for them to find games since they didn't get to start scheduling until right before the season.

They tried to keep dates open for All-A (I'm assuming) but it looks like that's a long shot now.

Kudos to Lawrence County for agreeing to play at Cordia to give the kids a homecoming.

Thanks Zaga. I don't condone their actions, but they have been approved to play 15 games. I think some of these schools should help them out to make sure they get all their games in. Whoever plays Cordia will benefit from the game. It will help prepare teams for tournament time. I applaud the schools that have played them for putting them on their schedule, especially Lawrence county for coming to the jungle in February.
I wish knott would give them their annual in county loss this year
I like Cordia no one ever c omplained about them until they started winning.
Cordia's record is 7-1. They lost to Sheldon Clark. The wins have been in western ky and a tourney in Ironton ohio. Wolfe Co played Cordia. Good atmosphere and a good game. Wolfe's coach sent one of the most complimentary e mails to the school and coaches. I wish every Cordia fan could read it. It is posted on the bulletin board at the entrance to the school. Certainly made me appreciate his courtesy and class. Will also play Lawrence Co home and away and Clay Co. Away. The buck's being passed around about why Cordia isn't playing in the all A at the local level. All A board meeting 1/10/15, but not expecting much to happen. More games might be scheduled depending on that outcome. They are a fun team to watch play and have a lot of talent. Respect those who could have gone to any school but were loyal to Coach Rhodes and Cordia.
They oughta get a team in the home place league
I watched Cordia in Western KY and they have a very nice team and acted like fine young men the entire tournament. Showed class and played hard. I'm glad Clay county helped them out and scheduled them it should benefit both teams. And I do wish more teams would step up and fill there schedule. It's not fair to punish those young men who are on the court trying to better themselves.
Is Cordia facing Jackson City (Jan 13) and Letcher Central (Jan 20) like Maxpreps shows ?
bradc Wrote:I wish knott would give them their annual in county loss this year

I'm sure we ALL would love to see the game, but Knott has nothing to gain from that and it'll never happen.
I personally would not want to see them play Knott this year and it has nothing to do with rivalry or win and loss. In my opinion it would be a tense situation between players and fans. Nothing to be gained for either team with all the drama. As for playing in the All A, their board met today. Cordia had their representative at the meeting. The problem is that the all a people are saying Cordia did not send in the application. Cordia's principal says he did. Who knows??? It was brought to a vote. The 2nd and the 13th regions voted to allow Cordia to play; the rest voted no. So be it . You can be assured that someone will be watching the mail in the spring for the application and I would probably hand deliver it with the check. We need four more games and there are people who will play...just no 14th region teams. And of course this All A ruling also applies to the girls team and the baseball and softball teams. We'll roll with the flow.
I think they should play in the all a. The kids I've played with over there are good dudes. I hope they atleast get their 15 games. You do the crime you do the time it's just bad on the kids that the higher ups can foul up that bad. That's part of it though
Hate this for the young men at Cordia.They don't deserve this and if you are about kids being successful in life,nobody,and I mean nobody wants this for any high school kid.Someone somewhere sure messed this one up.Good luck to those kids in the future.
If it counts for all sports why wouldn't the application been completed? Regardless of what was said its obvious they didn't send it. Did they think they were slapping the all a in the face holding the app because they believed the boys wouldnt be playing this year?
RoyHobbs Wrote:Cordia's record is 7-1. They lost to Sheldon Clark. The wins have been in western ky and a tourney in Ironton ohio. Wolfe Co played Cordia. Good atmosphere and a good game. Wolfe's coach sent one of the most complimentary e mails to the school and coaches. I wish every Cordia fan could read it. It is posted on the bulletin board at the entrance to the school. Certainly made me appreciate his courtesy and class. Will also play Lawrence Co home and away and Clay Co. Away. The buck's being passed around about why Cordia isn't playing in the all A at the local level. All A board meeting 1/10/15, but not expecting much to happen. More games might be scheduled depending on that outcome. They are a fun team to watch play and have a lot of talent. Respect those who could have gone to any school but were loyal to Coach Rhodes and Cordia.

Please get a picture of the email, would love to read it!
Cordia broke the rules and deserve to get punished. It's not the players fault but they also had a chance to go to any other school and be eligible to play so the kids still could have been successful just somewhere else. And all Rhodes had to do was step down from being the coach and there would have been NO sanctions
This is a joke just like the rest of the Khsaa. They should let Cordia play period. Billy Hicks and Scott County bring players in every year and nothing is ever done about it. These kids have done nothing wrong and are just trying to better themselves.
Cordia cheated and broke the rules, plain and simple. Got what they deserved. It is what it is.
It never ceases to amaze me, always Cordia broke the rules and deserves to be punished. Come on folks. Do you all think we don't know who is playing on the local teams and what schools they transferred in from? That jobs are created and filled so players will enroll at certain schools? And we are not just talking about this year. Go right on thinking that Cordia is the bad guy and the rest of you are lily white and are guilty of nothing. No amount of explaining, pointing out examples of other schools doing the same thing,etc will change anyone's mind about the situation. Cordia will finish the season. True Cordia fans accept the drama and negativity and still support the team. That's why not much is posted on here any more by the haters. Cordia is no longer a threat to anyone advancing in any tourney.
everyone is out to get cordia. Jealous of those first round regional defeats I guess
RoyHobbs Wrote:It never ceases to amaze me, always Cordia broke the rules and deserves to be punished. Come on folks. Do you all think we don't know who is playing on the local teams and what schools they transferred in from? That jobs are created and filled so players will enroll at certain schools? And we are not just talking about this year. Go right on thinking that Cordia is the bad guy and the rest of you are lily white and are guilty of nothing. No amount of explaining, pointing out examples of other schools doing the same thing,etc will change anyone's mind about the situation. Cordia will finish the season. True Cordia fans accept the drama and negativity and still support the team. That's why not much is posted on here any more by the haters. Cordia is no longer a threat to anyone advancing in any tourney.
There is a difference between having a few players come from adjacent counties who want to play for a different school and recruiting an entire team from the Northeast.
If the issue is recruiting and the rules broken were recruiting, then the rules were broken no matter how many or where the students came from. In fact, recruiting from other local teams should cause more problems between local schools than kids from out of the area. Regardless of whether anyone will ever admit it, the real reason so many people were upset was the fact that these kids made Cordia a stronger team and a possible threat to the powers that be. SMH.
Recruiting is Recruiting no matter where they come from!!!!
Here's how I look at it. Whether they recruit or not it doesn't matter. If Cordia takes these kids from no win situations and puts them in a place without violence and gangs and all the other drama that they are used and gives them an opportunity to better them selves and maybe even make it to college to earn a degree it's worth it. I think all these adults that get on here and bad mouth them need to open their eyes. If Cordia only helps 1 kid to become a productive member of society then it's worth it IMO. I don't have a dog in the fight either way but the recruiting happens at every school now.
Rodrick Rhodes talking about Andrew Harrison!

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/01/10/36344....html?rh=1
Shouldn't cordia be focused on the needs of their own students and citizens? Cordia is one of the smallest schools, located in one of the poorest counties in the state. Cordia consistently ranks among the lowest performing schools in Kentucky. Yet, despite this, Cordia is striving to help rescue for northeastern troubled, inner-city youth, who just so happen to be able to play basketball too. Call a spade a spade.
FatMatt Wrote:Shouldn't cordia be focused on the needs of their own students and citizens? Cordia is one of the smallest schools, located in one of the poorest counties in the state. Cordia consistently ranks among the lowest performing schools in Kentucky. Yet, despite this, Cordia is striving to help rescue for northeastern troubled, inner-city youth, who just so happen to be able to play basketball too. Call a spade a spade.

You are an idiot. Call a spade a space.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Here's how I look at it. Whether they recruit or not it doesn't matter. If Cordia takes these kids from no win situations and puts them in a place without violence and gangs and all the other drama that they are used and gives them an opportunity to better them selves and maybe even make it to college to earn a degree it's worth it. I think all these adults that get on here and bad mouth them need to open their eyes. If Cordia only helps 1 kid to become a productive member of society then it's worth it IMO. I don't have a dog in the fight either way but the recruiting happens at every school now.

Seems like they only wanted to "help" D1 basketball prospects...
Pages: 1 2