Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnny Hines AP Coach of the Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations to coach Johnny Hines of the Pulaski County Maroons, AP Coach of the Year! Well deserved for not only an outstanding coach, but a fantastic man!
http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/news/hi...29b49.html
Cong: to Coach Hines, Great Job.
Congratulations Ccach Hines. :worthy:
Congrats to Coach Hines!
Congrats Coach Hines.. Well deserving to say the least!
Has to be very satisfying for him winning this and winning the 5A title while building his program in a fashion where other mountain coaches said was foolish and couldn't win that way. I heard a rival district coach on the radio last year emphatically state that they couldn't win in the cold, late in the playoffs, or against bigger teams. How sweet it is.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Has to be very satisfying for him winning this and winning the 5A title while building his program in a fashion where other mountain coaches said was foolish and couldn't win that way. I heard a rival district coach on the radio last year emphatically state that they couldn't win in the cold, late in the playoffs, or against bigger teams. How sweet it is.

which team said that? You don't have to give a coaches name but just wondering what team it came from.
Giving the name of the team is the same as giving you the name of the coach don't you think?
Sometimes they interview Asst. Coaches on the radio. I guess everybody would have assumed it was the head coach though. When you said rival district coach did you mean the district Pulaski is in or the mountain district they match up with?
Iam4thecats Wrote:Giving the name of the team is the same as giving you the name of the coach don't you think?

if the coach said it on the radio I dont think it is secret, dont you think?

I dont think anyone said what you are saying, the maroons always play the no one believes in us card. everyone believed in them and thought they were the favorites to win the title. this group were middle school state champs it was expected they would win it all in h.s. at some point.

unless you can tell us who said it on the radio i dont believe you.
wiznut Wrote:if the coach said it on the radio I dont think it is secret, dont you think?

I dont think anyone said what you are saying, the maroons always play the no one believes in us card. everyone believed in them and thought they were the favorites to win the title. this group were middle school state champs it was expected they would win it all in h.s. at some point.

Good for you. Again congrats to Johhny!
DDP5 Wrote:Sometimes they interview Asst. Coaches on the radio. I guess everybody would have assumed it was the head coach though. When you said rival district coach did you mean the district Pulaski is in or the mountain district they match up with?

Same district
Congrats to him. Now I've got to blow off a little steam. I have a real problem with some of the coaches of the district and so on choices. I will tell you about one without mentioning names. There is one district I have in mind where they gave coach of the year to a certain coach, who I really like and think is a great guy. However, this is the scenario. The coach they gave it to had most of his team returning including one of the best running backs around. The coach they gave it to, his more mature team lost twice in this year to the coach that didn't. Now the coach that didn't win it had to replace his entire offensive line except for 1 player. He also had to replace a 3 year starter at qb. He also had to replace his rb. He had to replace 1 de and 2 lb's. He had to replace a 4 year starter at safety. He also had to replace a cb. Not only that, he lost his fastest receiver in the 2nd game of the year. He never let up or complained. He took his new team and went on to beat the district coach of the year twice. He then took his team to another state title and lost only 1 game to a very good large school by 1 point. So, I think whomever does the voting on these things should have some football knowledge before they make such decisions.
mysonis55 Wrote:Congrats to him. Now I've got to blow off a little steam. I have a real problem with some of the coaches of the district and so on choices. I will tell you about one without mentioning names. There is one district I have in mind where they gave coach of the year to a certain coach, who I really like and think is a great guy. However, this is the scenario. The coach they gave it to had most of his team returning including one of the best running backs around. The coach they gave it to, his more mature team lost twice in this year to the coach that didn't. Now the coach that didn't win it had to replace his entire offensive line except for 1 player. He also had to replace a 3 year starter at qb. He also had to replace his rb. He had to replace 1 de and 2 lb's. He had to replace a 4 year starter at safety. He also had to replace a cb. Not only that, he lost his fastest receiver in the 2nd game of the year. He never let up or complained. He took his new team and went on to beat the district coach of the year twice. He then took his team to another state title and lost only 1 game to a very good large school by 1 point. So, I think whomever does the voting on these things should have some football knowledge before they make such decisions.

He had Barry Sanders and Deion Sanders on the bench so he shouldn't have lost a game.
wiznut Wrote:if the coach said it on the radio I dont think it is secret, dont you think?

wiznut you know well who said it, dont act like you dont. Pulaski is state champs, has the coach of the year, sent SW home with their tale between their legs like a girl dog and you still are on here arguing with the Pulaski fans. SMH
Congratulations to Coach Hines. What a year he has had!!
Just now getting on here and seeing this. Congrats to the now legendary Coach Hines and his staff. Unreal season, unreal finish. Awfully excited to see how this team responds next year.
pjdoug Wrote:He had Barry Sanders and Deion Sanders on the bench so he shouldn't have lost a game.

He made A bad mistake , he didn't ask 55 to help him make out his schedule.
Lilly Wrote:wiznut you know well who said it, dont act like you dont. Pulaski is state champs, has the coach of the year, sent SW home with their tale between their legs like a girl dog and you still are on here arguing with the Pulaski fans. SMH

It wasn't Larry French if that's what you think.
Lily is the best poster on here by far. Bow down wiz nut
Congrats to Coach Hines. Very nice job. Good Luck next year.