Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County @ Williamsburg 1-06-15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts and Predictions. Confusedinglepar
Burg by 30+ . Bell is horrible
What's wrong at Bell Co this year....
BrokenArrow Wrote:Burg by 30+ . Bell is horrible

BrokenArrow that 2 more points than clay beat them bye...Just thinking a little here. Lol. Confusednicker:

Williamsburg 80
Bell County 50
Williamsburg will win but' Bell will play much better than the past games.
64SUR Wrote:BrokenArrow that 2 more points than clay beat them bye...Just thinking a little here. Lol. Confusednicker:

Williamsburg 80
Bell County 50

Yeah but clay will still beat Williamsburg by double figures. Hey tell Williamsburg that Cordia is looking for 2 more games why not step up an play a decent team. Clay did!
Is Williamsburg still the only undefeated team in the state.
Clay only beat Bell by 27. When does Clay play Williamsburg. May be a 10 point game at Clay but Williamsburg wins at home. Does Cordial not have phones that make outgoing calls ?😄
They don't play each other till post season. Williamsburg likes to avoid the big dogs of the region and other regions.
Really ??? Who's the big Dogs of the region.. That's funny
Clay, Knox, and any team outside the region that's ranked in the top 5 of there respected region.
It's not Redbird 2x, Pineville 2x, Harlan ind. And Lynn camp......you should try Wayne County, Boyle co, lex cath, cordia, Knox Central, Perry central and Knott County in the wymt....just saying
The burg by 15 or more. Bell has serious problems. The burg will keep rolling!!!
BrokenArrow Wrote:Clay, Knox, and any team outside the region that's ranked in the top 5 of there respected region.

Williamsburg beat Knox Central last year in the regional, With the same team, does that not make them in the top 5? You don't make sense.
Williamsburg is the only team in Ky. that has not been beaten. That includes Clay County.
Clay Co, Basketball is no better than 5 or 6 other teams in the 13th, you volunteer coaches over there could blow up an onion sack.
Williamsburg will name the score in this match up.

I don't know what has happened to Bell Co basketball and sure not going to speculate here, but it's really a shame what has happened to them and Middlesboro. No matter what it is, the kids are the ones who ultimately pay for this bureaucratic bullshit!!

JMO
BrokenArrow should go on every Williamsburg thread and say, "Jackets will lose their next game." Eventually he will be right and then he can crow, "I told you so... see how smart I am?"
^^
Confusednicker:
I vote for granny bear.
Avery Bullock Wrote:BrokenArrow should go on every Williamsburg thread and say, "Jackets will lose their next game." Eventually he will be right and then he can crow, "I told you so... see how smart I am?"

You must not be able to read, I picked you guys by 30. You guys won't lose, you don't play anyone outside of Corbin and South. Play a schedule like Clay's or Knox Central or even North Laurel I'd guarntee you would have lost already.
This schedule thing is ridiculous. From experience let me share a flip side to the scheduling theory.....you have a good team and you play games against all these top teams and you end up losing......after losing several games it can have the reverse effect. Kids are still kids......in their minds they dont process schedules or losses as preparing for down the road. After enough losses they begin to think the other way. Maybe we aren't that good and it can have the adverse effect. Again, if the atheletes are there then don't worry about the schedule and just play the best you can. Winning several games can have the effect of confidence and not worrying about being behind. Losing several games just because you want to say you played a bigger and badder schedule to prepare for the tournament isn't the way to do it. Why beat your team down all season and them not be mentally prepared to play for the tournament. I'm not saying you play teams all year that you know you will beat by 30+ you have to challenge them. But challenging them doesn't mean you play 15 games of nothing but top 10 teams in the state evey year. I though football laid to rest the schedule ordeal but some just never learn.
When all is said and done come march then we can see where the schedules got your team. But the team that wins the 13th this year wont be because you played the hardest schedule. It will be because you had the best athletes on the floor that night and you played better than the team your facing. Plain and simple.
OLDBALLCOACH Wrote:This schedule thing is ridiculous. From experience let me share a flip side to the scheduling theory.....you have a good team and you play games against all these top teams and you end up losing......after losing several games it can have the reverse effect. Kids are still kids......in their minds they dont process schedules or losses as preparing for down the road. After enough losses they begin to think the other way. Maybe we aren't that good and it can have the adverse effect. Again, if the atheletes are there then don't worry about the schedule and just play the best you can. Winning several games can have the effect of confidence and not worrying about being behind. Losing several games just because you want to say you played a bigger and badder schedule to prepare for the tournament isn't the way to do it. Why beat your team down all season and them not be mentally prepared to play for the tournament. I'm not saying you play teams all year that you know you will beat by 30+ you have to challenge them. But challenging them doesn't mean you play 15 games of nothing but top 10 teams in the state evey year. I though football laid to rest the schedule ordeal but some just never learn.

Spot on!! If you have a season where most of the games are losses, and your kids fight til the death and STILL lose, they begin to think that they are SUPPOSED to lose. Confidence and effort go down the drain. So you go into a tournament with kids having the mind set of expecting to lose....not good.

I coached basketball for many many years, and I NEVER had a schedule where I thought we would lose most games.

However, on the other hand, those seasons where we were undefeated, I would schedule a game or two where I thought we would probably lose. It's true!! I'm superstitious about going to a tournament undefeated.
Wink
Athletes don't win basketball games. BASKETBALL PLAYERS DO. It don't matter how fast you can run or high you can jump if you can't dribble of put the ball in the goal.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Athletes don't win basketball games. BASKETBALL PLAYERS DO. It don't matter how fast you can run or high you can jump if you can't dribble of put the ball in the goal.

Broken Arrow, Every thing in the comment above involving dribbling and putting the ball in the goal is athleticism isn't it? I'm certain that in order to do those things you have to be an athlete. It just so happens that Williamsburg floors a lot of athletes who are very fast, good dribblers, high jumpers, and great shooters. Oh yea, I forgot to mention they could care less about X and O's of basketball as long as they win with their athleticism. There is an old saying I want you to remember, "if it isn't broke don't fix it".
OLDBALLCOACH Wrote:This schedule thing is ridiculous. From experience let me share a flip side to the scheduling theory.....you have a good team and you play games against all these top teams and you end up losing......after losing several games it can have the reverse effect. Kids are still kids......in their minds they dont process schedules or losses as preparing for down the road. After enough losses they begin to think the other way. Maybe we aren't that good and it can have the adverse effect. Again, if the atheletes are there then don't worry about the schedule and just play the best you can. Winning several games can have the effect of confidence and not worrying about being behind. Losing several games just because you want to say you played a bigger and badder schedule to prepare for the tournament isn't the way to do it. Why beat your team down all season and them not be mentally prepared to play for the tournament. I'm not saying you play teams all year that you know you will beat by 30+ you have to challenge them. But challenging them doesn't mean you play 15 games of nothing but top 10 teams in the state evey year. I though football laid to rest the schedule ordeal but some just never learn.

Did someone suggest Williamsburg play 15 games against top 10 teams or even 10 or five games against top 10 teams?
If you have your best team in 25 years, should they not be challenged against some good teams other than those in your district?
This was the year for Williamsburg to play Clay or North or Knox Central or Harlan County to help prepare them for the regional tournament, if they get there.
This will be a landslide win.Bell is way down.What is the problem there and I'm being sincere when I ask.
The problem with the "if it ant broke don't fix it " is if you play teams that aren't good enough to expose your weaknesses and yes you have a weakness all teams do. Then you will never know what they are to fix them. Good competition will show your weakness. And playing Redbird, Pineville, Lynn camp and others like this does nothing but pad your wins. You gain nothing from it. Listen all teams schedule a few cupcakes here and there but all good teams that plan on playing into March schedule at least a few really good teams. That way they can Gauge their selves and see what they need to work on. Once you figure out what needs fix you will be sitting at the house watching Clay and Knox and a few others continue to play.
( I meant this go be directly under Heisenberg's post. BrokenArrone done and post bombed me!!!)
Confusednicker:

I asked the same question because I didn't have a clue that Bell was down this year until we played them. I was told that Bell lost some 3 or 4 players to transfer, Woolum decided to give up basketball and focus on football and some more didn't play because of their coach. There no other details, and I have no idea as to what is going on there.

Then I heard that there are problems with the central office and the superintendent. I heard that in the Middlesboro thread. I do know that Middlesboro is way down this year, too and they have lost both the boys' and girls' head coaches.

I don't KNOW what's going on but you can bet if it politics in the school board system, then the kids will be the ones to suffer.

JMO
Pages: 1 2