Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg only undefeated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I believe that Williamsburg High School Is, as of tonight the only undefeated high school basketball team in the State of Kentucky.
PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG
I believe you're correct. Sheldon Clark and Williamsburg were the only two left and East Ridge beat Sheldon Clark tonight
The only undefeated team in Kentucky that is Awesome. GO 13th Regions :Cheerlead
They were last undefeated football team too.
E's Army Wrote:They were last undefeated football team too.

Dang Mayfield. :Sad04:
Corbin has A good coach and A great team, Williamsburg has A rematch this week, I may not make it, but it will be another dog fight. Both teams gave it all they had in the last one, this one will be just as good. I would not pick A winner last game because I thought it would be to close to call. I believe you will find this game A duplicate. Our district is one of the best in the state. The one thing I think about, is two teams will stay home for the regional. Whitley, South, Corbin, and Williamsburg, all four are good right now and all will improve. I hope that we have no injuries, and both teams play their best game.
When Henry Martin walked across the gym floor and congratulated the Williamsburg team, that was for real, I think that was A class act, Mr. Martin that is what the Williamsburg fans expected out of you. You my friend are A class act.
You may not know Henry Martin. He is the one who wears Red paints to Corbin events.
Henry Martin aka Mr. Redhound.
Doesn't Williamsburg, play Lawrence Co. near end of season, if will be a barn burner. Love to see it happen.:dudecomeon:
The only out of region game scheduled that's not a walk over. Hopefully Lawrence will be healthy by then and give us some type of Guage at how good Williamsburg really is. I personally hope they go into the region undefeated and meet Clay or Knox at full strength.
We will know soon enough.
Williamsburg has been under pressure before I think they will onley get better reguardless of where they play or who.
I know Williamsburg has a good team but they have played a really weak schedule, outside of South Laurel and Corbin they haven't had a competitive game. I think that will hurt them in the long run, the 50th district should be exciting to see this year.
I've said it a thousand times though......if you have the athletes and players are that good the schedule doesn't really affect you that much. Everyone screamed that in football that the schedule would hurt us at hazard, then at raceland, and the state finals. Even tho w'burg didn't win state finals there could not have been a more competitive game in the state finals. Case in point.......our schedule is so weak but we go into corbin and beat them in the finals of their tournament. Not an easy task to do.....corbin is a quality team no doubt. That really did a number on taylor only allowing him 12 points. So the schedule isn't the problem. If any team has great players then they will rise to the top when challenged. This team just hates to lose and they will fight to the end no matter how large or small the difference. I'm not saying were heading to rupp......i'm saying whoever plays w'burg is going to have a tough game on their hands until the final buzzer sounds.
Old ball coach you are spot on.
Who will be the last team standing????????

UK or Williamsburg :biggrin:
You maybe undefeated but Cantrell just ranked you guys 8th in the region.
BrokenArrow Wrote:You maybe undefeated but Cantrell just ranked you guys 8th in the region.

About where he ranked our football team most of the year, meaningless at this point....
BrokenArrow Wrote:You maybe undefeated but Cantrell just ranked you guys 8th in the region.

That good news for Williamsburg. Who was rank 1st. :HitWall:
13th REGION
1. Knox Central 73.0
2. Clay Co. 70.2
2. Harlan Co. 70.2
4. Corbin 67.0
5. South Laurel 66.8
6. Whitley Co. 64.5
7. North Laurel 61.7
8. Williamsburg 60.4
9. Jackson Co. 59.3
10. Barbourville 58.2
11. Pineville 49.4
12. Bell Co. 47.3
13. Oneida Baptist 43.9
14. Harlan 40.5
15. Lynn Camp 39.7
16. Middlesboro 22.7
17. Red Bird 5.6

The teams he has ranked 4th and 5th Williamsburg has already beaten on the road.

I guess this goes to show his basketball rankings are just as flawed as his football rankings.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:13th REGION
1. Knox Central 73.0
2. Clay Co. 70.2
2. Harlan Co. 70.2
4. Corbin 67.0
5. South Laurel 66.8
6. Whitley Co. 64.5
7. North Laurel 61.7
8. Williamsburg 60.4
9. Jackson Co. 59.3
10. Barbourville 58.2
11. Pineville 49.4
12. Bell Co. 47.3
13. Oneida Baptist 43.9
14. Harlan 40.5
15. Lynn Camp 39.7
16. Middlesboro 22.7
17. Red Bird 5.6

The teams he has ranked 4th and 5th Williamsburg has already beaten on the road.

I guess this goes to show his basketball rankings are just as flawed as his football rankings.

Thanks # 1 BlackCat Fan :lmao: again. What a year Williamsburg fans are having.

I am sure glad Cantrell is not on our schedule. That is the same Cantrell that didn't even have us ranked in football, WE HAVE BEATEN TWO TEAMS THAT ARE RANKED AHEAD OF US. IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS.
Clay Co. You are just going to have to face up, fans in the 13th are just not one bit afraid of Clay Co.
Last year's score of 79-58 might be reason enough for Williamsburg to fear Clay. I don't believe they will go far enough this year to play Clay. Go Tigers.
topnotch Wrote:Clay Co. You are just going to have to face up, fans in the 13th are just not one bit afraid of Clay Co.

That might be true, but when they walk in Bobby Keith Gymnasium and see all the trophies(including the last two region championships), the state championship banner and the district and regional championship banners, RESPECT will be just fine.
I love it whin the water boys close shop and join the mes.
Cantrell has brains of apple butter.......his system is so out of whack it doesn't even make sense. Why dont we let cantrell make out the schedules every year and just wait till he's done then hand out trophies. Some of you guys want to throw up cantrell ratings every time a team is doing well and you need to put them down. Doesn't matter..........w'burg will lace up the shoes and play till the buzzer as usual. Someone else needs to come up with a formula to rank teams and have it put in the newspaper. Can 64sur do that?
topnotch Wrote:I love it whin the water boys close shop and join the mes.

Appreciate that comment. It means I'm still busy enough to not be sitting in front of the computer all day and night. Meanwhile, you keep celebrating those regional championships from 40, 41, and 46. You've got a good team this year to support, but actually win something before you start bragging. Hey, they might win it this year, if they get there.
Hey if it makes you guys feel in better the LIT. Ratings has a Williamsburg 6th. Only undefeated team in KY and can't break into the top 50 in any poll.
Pages: 1 2