Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg 78 Middlesboro 30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Middlesboro...
Good job Williamsburg. :worthy:
OldJacket Wrote:Final from Middlesboro...

Good job burg. Keep it rolling :rockon:

Mboro must be at an all time low in sports. At least fall and winter sports. Someone told me the administration put the people in coaching positions that they wanted. I guess that shows how administrations can really hurt the kids.
Good work
Sheldon Clark was defeated tonight, 1 team left standing. Williamsburg
Anybody Know how many Massey got.
I said I would never watch Middlesboro get beat like that again, eating my words, I have to support them. Win or lose. Middlesboro will all always be my team. I feel sorry for those boys. It is bad when you know it could be better.
Anyone could have seen Middlesboro would struggle with all they lost. I had them 15th in the region coming into the season. I thought five wins would be a good season for what they had.
Congrats to Williamsburg!
Administation has destroyed the sports programs there. According to those I have spoke with, baseball is not going to be much better.
Middlesboro shall return.
Congratulations Williamsburg on you victory, and being undefeated so far!! Great great job.

Number One Fan Wrote:I said I would never watch Middlesboro get beat like that again, eating my words, I have to support them. Win or lose. Middlesboro will all always be my team. I feel sorry for those boys. It is bad when you know it could be better.

You really are a Number One Fan!! This is what support is all about. Middlesboro still has that nasty student section that supports the team and I love 'em!!! Hang in there! I believe Middlesboro will be back; I sure hope so.

PRIDE101 Wrote:Administation has destroyed the sports programs there. According to those I have spoke with, baseball is not going to be much better.

That's disgusting!! I hate it when politics dilute what the kids spend on time and effort to do what they love to do! Maybe it's just me, but I think the mountains have their lion's share of politics in the administration system!
The old Superintedent is to blame for our troubles right now... This will change in the next few years.. We had a crazy Superintedent and SHE is gone.. She didn't know the difference between a baseball and volleyball. She could care less about athletics and it is showing now..
Craze JACKET man Wrote:The old Superintedent is to blame for our troubles right now... This will change in the next few years.. We had a crazy Superintedent and SHE is gone.. She didn't know the difference between a baseball and volleyball. She could care less about athletics and it is showing now..

From what I've been told the old super can't be blamed for what happened in football this season. Also they have the coaches in place that they wanted in boys and girls basketball. I guess after Thompson and Greene saw what happened in football they got the heck out of town. Sounds like mboro still has the same problems.
It was a beating, but now I am going to say, Williamsburg can shoot the lights out. They are good. Granny Bear, you are right when you talk about Middlesboro's student section, they are right there until the very end. I guess I will be too. I am not going to make any comment on football, because to tell you the truth, I don't know what they will have. Not sure about baseball either. But, I think Middlesboro will be back. Like someone said in an earlier post, politics has no place when you're dealing with kids. I do think the football coach will fair well if given a chance to coach the way he sees fit and administration stays out of it. Will win a lot? No. But, I do think you will see a more disciplined team and a team that will actually play as a team instead of playing as individuals. I got their backs, no matter what.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:The old Superintedent is to blame for our troubles right now... This will change in the next few years.. We had a crazy Superintedent and SHE is gone.. She didn't know the difference between a baseball and volleyball. She could care less about athletics and it is showing now..

Which is worse, a super that knows nothing about sports and leaves everyone alone or one that thinks he know everything and tears programs apart. This super is the only one to blame, you know that.
[quote=Hoopman1]From what I've been told the old super can't be blamed for what happened in football this season. Also they have the coaches in place that they wanted in boys and girls basketball. I guess after Thompson and Greene saw what happened in football they got the heck out of town. Sounds like mboro still has the same problems.[/QUOT

You hit the nail on the head, they know it.
Basketball is a lack of talent, football change was because there was zero discipline from old coach.. This season was bad in football because when coach Massengill made kids be accountable they couldn't handle it.. I promise you that our football program is headed in the right direction.. Just going to take time!!!
We lost a really good basketball coach because he seen that the talent level was dropping fast. Plus had a administration position at pineville..
Greene is a different story, our girls basketball has been bad for 2 or 3 years..
This will be the fourth year out of six that Middlesboro has lost 20-plus games in boys basketball. The Jackets have been up and down for years.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:We lost a really good basketball coach because he seen that the talent level was dropping fast. Plus had a administration position at pineville..

You guys keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. On all accounts.
Just hold on and back your kids the situation will go so far then, the situation will go back the other way, usually farther than it was.
topnotch Wrote:Just hold on and back your kids the situation will go so far then, the situation will go back the other way, usually farther than it was.
Huh???? I'm sorry, I do not understand what you mean.
Middlesboro Basketball will make a return next year!! Just watch. Wink
Middlesboro starts four seniors. It could take a while.
The situation will change in Mboro they have to much tradition for that not to happen,
Number One Fan Wrote:Huh???? I'm sorry, I do not understand what you mean.

He means to keep doing what you're doing in support of the kids. It WILL change down the road; hopefully sooner rather than later!

Good luck Middlesboro!!!
Ouch.
HCS Wrote:Middlesboro starts four seniors. It could take a while.
I've said this about football and now I will say it about basketball. Just because you are a senior does not make you better, 16 seniors in football and look where that got them. There are at least 3 on the team that are not seniors and are much better. From what I have heard from parents is this coach does not even run plays, just tells them to shoot. Now, I am no coach, but that is just poor coaching. Have heard he is very good to the kids and you want kids treated well, but you have to have discipline and control of your team. I don't think he will be the coach after this season, not been told that, but just knowing the way things are here, he will be gone. Have heard he was already told to cancel all freshman games and work strictly with varsity. Not sure if that is true but that is what has been said. Either way, good luck Jackets:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2