Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Louisville name something after Rick Pitino
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sadly, Rick Pitino won a national championship at loserville.

And I hope he is remembered as a Louisville coach and not a UK coach.

He brought our little brother their 3rd NCAA title in 2013. Denny Crum has the YUM! Center court named after him. And I really don't see the YUM! brand changing the named to the "Pitino Center"

So here is the question.... does loserville name something after Rick Pitino?
Does Pitino get a statue on loserville's campus?

Or does he stay out of the lime light for a few year, return to Rupp Arena.... gets embraced by the Big Blue Nation and loserville forgets all about him?
What is your obsession with Louisville lately? Did someone there hurt your feelings?
Pitino is a great coach, one of the best ever regardless where he coaches. I truly think that he regrets leaving UK. I think that was the reason he chose to work at Louisville is that he truly loved living in Kentucky. He needs to be honored in some way at both UK and UofL. He saved the basketball program at UK.
Jarons Wrote:What is your obsession with Louisville lately? Did someone there hurt your feelings?
Pitino is a great coach, one of the best ever regardless where he coaches. I truly think that he regrets leaving UK. I think that was the reason he chose to work at Louisville is that he truly loved living in Kentucky. He needs to be honored in some way at both UK and UofL. He saved the basketball program at UK.

Pitino left Ms. America (UK) for a Glamour Shots girl (loserville)

As for the bolded, last time I checked, Pitino has a banner in Rupp Arena. That is more than enough for him.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Pitino left Ms. America (UK) for a Glamour Shots girl (loserville)

As for the bolded, last time I checked, Pitino has a banner in Rupp Arena. That is more than enough for him.

Either your feelings are still hurt that he went to Louisville, or you are too young to remember what he did when he arrived at UK. He saved UK basketball. C.M. Newton hit a home run when he hired Pitino. Pitino brought such enthusiasm and excitement to UK and made UK competive when they did not have the talent to be competitive. In 4 years, under Pitino's watch, UK when from 7 scholarship players to the Final 4. He deserves much more than a banner in Lexington.
I wished they'd take his jersey down in Rupp.. Guys dead to me..
Bronze the table he had sex with Sypher on and place it in the bankrupted Yum Center for all to see where that 15 seconds of fame occurred ...
He is an idiot. You would think UK fans would appreciate what Pitino did by rebuilding their cheating program back to prominence. He did it with class and integrity. He left the program in outstanding shape. What more did you want him to do? Yet they worship a coach who has had two final fours vacated, surrounds himself with leeches to pull in his NBA boys. "Loserville" is a twelve year old analogy which is about old he must be. UK fans thought Pitino was washed up but there isn't anybody better in the game than him when in comes to adjusting and innovating. He has accomplished just about everything he can in his career and he has nothing else to prove. Cal killed his credibility a long time ago. He wishes he could be in the same boat as Coach K, Wooden, Knight, Bohemian to name a few. Twenty nine years...700 wins...seven final fours....two NC's. Speaks for itself.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:He is an idiot. You would think UK fans would appreciate what Pitino did by rebuilding their cheating program back to prominence. He did it with class and integrity. He left the program in outstanding shape. What more did you want him to do? Yet they worship a coach who has had two final fours vacated, surrounds himself with leeches to pull in his NBA boys. "Loserville" is a twelve year old analogy which is about old he must be. UK fans thought Pitino was washed up but there isn't anybody better in the game than him when in comes to adjusting and innovating. He has accomplished just about everything he can in his career and he has nothing else to prove. Cal killed his credibility a long time ago. He wishes he could be in the same boat as Coach K, Wooden, Knight, Bohemian to name a few. Twenty nine years...700 wins...seven final fours....two NC's. Speaks for itself.

Bohemian? As in Rhapsody? By Queen? Great song but I don't think that's what you meant. Also Syracuse is turribul.

I like Pitino simply for bringing UK back. UK is 8-1 against him or something like that since we got Cal, so why be mad about someone who struggles to ever beat us? We've knocked them out of the tournament twice, so there's that. He can leave legacies at both schools for all I care. Also, as far as Cal having final four's vacated, none of that was ever tied to him, it was Memphis' compliance department dropping the ball on that one.
I was fine when Pitino left for the Celtics. The Celtics are arguably one of the richest pro basketball franchises, he was going home, etc. He had done a great job, although he gets too much credit. UK still was UK, and would have made it back somehow. But maybe he sped up the process. Plus the Celtics are my team. I was pulling for him the whole time there.
But coming back to Louisville (I use Lousyville - they don't Lose a lot) was either so poorly thought out, or overtly done to irritate UK and its fan base, that I have no use for him now. Either he thought he was bigger than UK, or that the UK fan base wouldn't care. I still think he's in shock at his own miscalculation. Plus to be virtually unpunished for the restaurant incident bothers me more with UL instead of Pitino. Then they bring back Petrino for football, after his dumb acts???
Bad administration, bad board, bad attitude from the university.
Somebody has been listening to too much KSR.
Pitino...one of the best coaches in basketball history
Yea, yea. Cal should win shouldn't he? Six number recruiting classes. If the playing field were level would that be the case.?Would his NBA boys be there if they could go o to the NBA and never set foot in Rupp Arena. Cal is up 12-8 now. Cal should never lose. The year U of L beat UK the Cards won the NC. Pitino said he felt the Cards could win the NC because UOfL had three NBA ready players. Players he developed in Dieng, Siva and Smith. And they graduated. It was a great coaching job. For the most part Pitino has competed in those games played in December. Cal should win them all. Cal might confide in Pitino about beating UConn. The game has lost its luster. It doesn't define the season. It gives bragging rights. Again, 700 wins, seven final fours, two NC'S with two different teams. Cal has as many final fours vacated as Pitino has NC's. For the most part U of L has competed against his NBA boys. He doesn't need a monument. He is in the HOF. A game against our rivals in played in Dec doesn't define the season.....just bragging rights. Cal needs to talk to Pitino about beating UConn. So hang your hat on that if it's all you got. Pitino, had he not spent six years in the NBA he would have nearly a thousand wins. Basketball fans outside off BBN understand what it is because they are not stupid. This is a lame thread. Pitino did his job at both universities. He deserves accolades at both places. He has nothing more to prove. The rest is gravy. I'd like to see Cal have to coach up a team. He sure has screwed a couple. You boys will be OK no one will beat the kitty kats this year. Even Cal can't screw this one up. I'd like to see U of L make it to the final four. The Cards are one of the best COLLEGE teams in the nation.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Yea, yea. Cal should win shouldn't he? Six number recruiting classes. If the playing field were level would that be the case.?Would his NBA boys be there if they could go o to the NBA and never set foot in Rupp Arena. Cal is up 12-8 now. Cal should never lose. The year U of L beat UK the Cards won the NC. Pitino said he felt the Cards could win the NC because UOfL had three NBA ready players. Players he developed in Dieng, Siva and Smith. And they graduated. It was a great coaching job. For the most part Pitino has competed in those games played in December. Cal should win them all. Cal might confide in Pitino about beating UConn. The game has lost its luster. It doesn't define the season. It gives bragging rights. Again, 700 wins, seven final fours, two NC'S with two different teams. Cal has as many final fours vacated as Pitino has NC's. For the most part U of L has competed against his NBA boys. He doesn't need a monument. He is in the HOF. A game against our rivals in played in Dec doesn't define the season.....just bragging rights. Cal needs to talk to Pitino about beating UConn. So hang your hat on that if it's all you got. Pitino, had he not spent six years in the NBA he would have nearly a thousand wins. Basketball fans outside off BBN understand what it is because they are not stupid. This is a lame thread. Pitino did his job at both universities. He deserves accolades at both places. He has nothing more to prove. The rest is gravy. I'd like to see Cal have to coach up a team. He sure has screwed a couple. You boys will be OK no one will beat the kitty kats this year. Even Cal can't screw this one up. I'd like to see U of L make it to the final four. The Cards are one of the best COLLEGE teams in the nation.

There are not enough LOL and Laughing Smilies on BGR to express my feelings about your bolded statement
It's really something to see how jealous Louisville fans.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Yea, yea. Cal should win shouldn't he? Six number recruiting classes. If the playing field were level would that be the case.?Would his NBA boys be there if they could go o to the NBA and never set foot in Rupp Arena. Cal is up 12-8 now. Cal should never lose. The year U of L beat UK the Cards won the NC. Pitino said he felt the Cards could win the NC because UOfL had three NBA ready players. Players he developed in Dieng, Siva and Smith. And they graduated. It was a great coaching job. For the most part Pitino has competed in those games played in December. Cal should win them all. Cal might confide in Pitino about beating UConn. The game has lost its luster. It doesn't define the season. It gives bragging rights. Again, 700 wins, seven final fours, two NC'S with two different teams. Cal has as many final fours vacated as Pitino has NC's. For the most part U of L has competed against his NBA boys. He doesn't need a monument. He is in the HOF. A game against our rivals in played in Dec doesn't define the season.....just bragging rights. Cal needs to talk to Pitino about beating UConn. So hang your hat on that if it's all you got. Pitino, had he not spent six years in the NBA he would have nearly a thousand wins. Basketball fans outside off BBN understand what it is because they are not stupid. This is a lame thread. Pitino did his job at both universities. He deserves accolades at both places. He has nothing more to prove. The rest is gravy. I'd like to see Cal have to coach up a team. He sure has screwed a couple. You boys will be OK no one will beat the kitty kats this year. Even Cal can't screw this one up. I'd like to see U of L make it to the final four. The Cards are one of the best COLLEGE teams in the nation.

Coach Cal didn't make the rules so why wouldn't he go after the best players in the nation? Isn't that what every coach should be doing? They are doing it, they just can't compete. Funny that nobody is saying the same things about Coach K this year with his 9 McDonalds All Americans.

By the way Dieng didn't graduate. He left after his JR. year. Exactly what Siva and Smith would have done had they had any draft stock.

The rest of your post is too much jibberish to even respond to.

What advantage. They have to live by the exact same rules. We just all know Rick will never be able to recruit at that level.
Pitino is great at developing players!!!
Should name a table at Fazoli's for him
How about naming a coat room after him, he can use one like nobody else.

:Thumbs:
Yep. The Sypher award