Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg 64 Corbin 63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final from Corbin
Is this correct I actually turned the radio off and the technical shots thinking it was over. If so great comeback.
Look out 13th region. Williamsburg is the real deal
Shelton scored with time running out to win it...:Cheerlead
Wow congrats Williamsburg. Nice win!
Truth99 Wrote:Is this correct I actually turned the radio off and the technical shots thinking it was over. If so great comeback.

What happened with the technical shots?
Truth99 Wrote:Is this correct I actually turned the radio off and the technical shots thinking it was over. If so great comeback.

Corbin must not of had their refs or the burg must of played one hell of a game?!?!:rockon:
JeanClaudeVanGraham Wrote:Look out 13th region. Williamsburg is the real deal
Really?
Flash154 Wrote:Really?

I'm being serious. Beating Corbin at Corbin isn't an easy task and it's a nice win for Williamsburg. I was one of those that doubted because of their schedule and this shows that they're one of the teams that can win region
Williamsburg.....Thank you :Cheerlead
Williamsburg? No thanks.
:mop::mop::mop: Hey Truth99 just having fun. :lmao:

TRUTH 99 I AM SERVING CROW. How would you like yours. They have started mopping the floor at the Corbin High school gym. I think the fans shed so many tears it got it all wet and dirty,
Nothing wrong with that. Great comeback and win for the Burg.
I like mine with a little "kick" if u know what I mean.
Truth99 crow eating time.
topnotch Wrote:TRUTH 99 I AM SERVING CROW. How would you like yours. They have started mopping the floor at the Corbin High school gym. I think the fans shed so many tears it got it all wet and dirty,

Confusednicker:
I said earlier today in a post that i hope the refs let the kids decide the outcome of the game. Ultimately it happened but the officiating was the worse i have ever seen on both sides of the ball. It was terrible both ways without a doubt. Its ashame two really good teams cant play the game out. Refs called over 50 fouls on both teams. Who wants to watch the finals of a tournament as a parade to the free throw line. Corbin played well enough to win just like williamsburg. Burg just had one last shot left in them. To be down by 7 with 45 seconds to go you figure its over but these guys from w'burg just doesn't what the words give up mean. Great comeback and go jackets!!
Truth99 You would have loved this one, For Williamsburg, what ever could go wrong went wrong. Corbin shot what seem to be 6 free throws. Williamsburg had no chance of winning, people had left the game it seemed it was over how they won I don't know .
Bin played hard and with players they have. I guess we will see if Rel, Ley, Bin, or Burg wins district.
Williamsburg was down 63-59, when Corbin went to the line and missed two free throws with 11 second's left. Wiliamsburg went down and hit a 3 with 2.3 left, 63-62. after the time out corbin couldn't get the ball back into play and was called for 5 seconds. Williamsburg hits a shot and one as buzzard expired, but didnt shoot the free throw. 64-63. As for the refs, the were horrible. When the big griffin kid got technical, should have been a double technical on both teams. once the game got to crunch time touch fouls got called on one end and people where geting hammered on the other end. Congrats to the jackets. Happy to see you win this one.
One of the best high school basketball games I've ever seen. Corbin is a tough place to play for any team, tournament or not. The first T on W'burg's Griffith was wrong... if he hadn't held the rim, his momentum would have carried him and he would have landed on Corbin's Taylor, the freshman.

That Taylor kid is a next level player. He has the skills and is gaining the size from the growth I've seen in the past year. The problem is, the refs coddle him too much... not the kid's fault, he's just playing the game at his best. But, rest assured, in college, the refs won't protect him from close, physical play. The Williamsburg kids couldn't breathe on him tonight without getting called for a foul. It was ridiculous.

Let this young man play basketball and grow as a player. He really can play at the next level if the coddling doesn't ruin him.
When the Jackets went to the football state championship game in Bowling Green this year (and last year) and lost both times, Jacket fans stayed in the stands until after the trophies were presented. A few left, sure, but the vast majority stayed, out of respect to the defeated Williamsburg players AND the victorious Mayfield kids.

As soon as tonight's game was over, the Corbin fans couldn't leave the gym fast enough. I would say 90% of them left before the trophies were awarded. Didn't they appreciate their own kids for being runners-up in a very tough tournament? Didn't they want to applaud for their players who were named to the all-tournament team? What about the Browning kid, who left it all on the court all tournament long and earned the 110% award? That kid deserved more than a handful of Corbin fans to applaud his effort!

Even the event crew started to push back the upper deck bleachers before the trophies were presented. Was that necessary?
That always disgusts me!!! That happened to us in football one time. I have so much respect for those few who DID stay and support their team through thick AND thin!!

Nobody needs fair weather fans, IMO!!!

Congratulations Williamsburg!!!! What a great great effort!!
Glad someone said this.........it was very disrespectful for both teams but especially your own team to walk out on the presentation. The outcome of this one was almost justice served. I have also seen the same thing about the taylor kid being protected. There is no doubt he is one of the best players around and to think he is only a freshman.......just a tremendous player. He has a bad habit of carrying the ball when he makes his stutter step move and the contact was definitely an issue. He wont get those calls on the road with physical teams. Take nothing away from the player though......he can play. Just let him figure out his game and how to play with his ability.
Congrats Burg on a nice comeback and win. I thought Corbin was gonna blow you guys out in the 3rd when they was up 12. But your kids never gave up and fought to the end. I wasn't there but it sounded to me like you guys wanted it more than Corbin. Nice Win And Good Luck Rest Of season.
Avery Bullock Wrote:When the Jackets went to the football state championship game in Bowling Green this year (and last year) and lost both times, Jacket fans stayed in the stands until after the trophies were presented. A few left, sure, but the vast majority stayed, out of respect to the defeated Williamsburg players AND the victorious Mayfield kids.

As soon as tonight's game was over, the Corbin fans couldn't leave the gym fast enough. I would say 90% of them left before the trophies were awarded. Didn't they appreciate their own kids for being runners-up in a very tough tournament? Didn't they want to applaud for their players who were named to the all-tournament team? What about the Browning kid, who left it all on the court all tournament long and earned the 110% award? That kid deserved more than a handful of Corbin fans to applaud his effort!

Even the event crew started to push back the upper deck bleachers before the trophies were presented. Was that necessary?

The game ended after 11:00, and most people had to get up and go to work today...
Good win for the Jackets.You just never know for sure until the buzzer goes off.
^
If you're there for the ending of the game, you can be there another 15 minutes for MOST people!!

And anyway, I thought most of Corbin's fans were retired.
rocksolid69 Wrote:williamsburg was down 63-59, when corbin went to the line and missed two free throws with 11 second's left. Wiliamsburg went down and hit a 3 with 2.3 left, 63-62. After the time out corbin couldn't get the ball back into play and was called for 5 seconds. Williamsburg hits a shot and one as buzzard expired, but didnt shoot the free throw. 64-63. As for the refs, the were horrible. When the big griffin kid got technical, should have been a double technical on both teams. Once the game got to crunch time touch fouls got called on one end and people where geting hammered on the other end. Congrats to the jackets. Happy to see you win this one.

i could see this entire thing happen from where i was.......the foul on the shelton was no question. He definitely fouled browning. Browning kid gets upset and extends both arms and shoves a player. The crazy thing about this is they didn't call the technical immediately......taylor shot a free throw, missed, then the referes huddled and figured out browning was supposed to shoot. Thats when they decided to call the technical on griffith and then taylor went back to the line and shot two more. This definitely should have a double technical since both kids were using some language that shouldn't have been used or once kids were seperated from the heat of battle have a no call and get control. It was a fiasco at best. Anytime referees call over 50 fouls in a game that is just ridiculous. If it was that rough then refs needed yellow flags......but all said and done great comeback win for the jackets.
Pages: 1 2 3