Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Jessamine 74 Clay County 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Berea. Clay County was without Farmer tonight and suffered their first loss of the year. The colts led by 17 in the 4th quarter and hit a ton of threes. Rough night for the tigers
I know it was bad but I wonder what difference Trey would have made. Losing your second leading scorer and outside/inside presence. So, he's out the next game as well?
He would have helped no doubt about it. But the way they shot the 3 I think we ran in to a buzzsaw. There Coach said it was by far the best they had played all year.
UKCC Wrote:I know it was bad but I wonder what difference Trey would have made. Losing your second leading scorer and outside/inside presence. So, he's out the next game as well?

Yeah he has to sit out the Boyle County game too according to the radio
JeanClaudeVanGraham Wrote:Yeah he has to sit out the Boyle County game too according to the radio

Same source I had. Was just curious. Thought it was only one game.
Hard to play without your second best player
Clay was out rebounded 37-19. Missed Farmer on the boards big time. And also missed him stretching the floor. West just collapsed the lane all night on Smith. If Farmers there they can't do this or he will make them pay.
Yep it is tough playing without a good player on the floor. Try asking Knox Central. if anyone has had it rough they have. They're still hanging in there against the states top teams. Lost to Hoptown by 2. Hang in there MOUNTIANS.
Tough for the mountain teams last night at Berea!! Sorry you guys lost, but hey, it will only make you stronger. One game down the road, you may be without Farmer again, so at least the kids got that kind of experience under their belt!!
Yes it was. And they will get to learn at least one more game as well. He's also out against Boyle County this weekend.
Games like this will make Clay stronger.They just smothered Smith all night.It is difficult to do that with Farmer on the floor.West Jessamine played a very nice game and not going to take away from them.Missing a starter on any team just hurts though.
^^
Yes it does!!

Didn't know that about Boyle....Ouch..

Well, maybe Farmer can also learn something here.

I'm sure he doesn't like sitting the bench.
Yes he should. Although he was mugged he have to keep your head on str8. I would like to congratulate the Tigers on playing hard and fighting to the end. I really didn't understand Marcum move with 3 minutes to go. It was like he conceded the game. Never concede, fight and play hard and coach hard til the end.
Its never over until its over.....fight till you hear the horn!
BrokenArrow Wrote:Yes he should. Although he was mugged he have to keep your head on str8. I would like to congratulate the Tigers on playing hard and fighting to the end. I really didn't understand Marcum move with 3 minutes to go. It was like he conceded the game. Never concede, fight and play hard and coach hard til the end.

I knew this would be a difficult game to win without Farmer. As many have said, he changes the opponents defensive strategy, plus he has size on the boards.This stretch of games where the Tigers have played without several players will only help them come tournament time. Quality depth is hard to come by and they're gaining a lot. Please explain your "3 minute comment" as I didn't get to listen or go.
WJ was the better team last night. CC is going to be fine. I'd like to mention that our big man in the middle, Travis Mills, was very sick all weekend. He didnt play in the HC game and was visibly sick last night but he kept battling.
Same thing happened to us when we played Knox Central. You hesitate to say something like this because you don't want to appear to be offering excuses or taking anything away from the effort of the other team. But it happens!! We had 2 sick that night, and our point guard, #12 played after spending the entire night in the ER.

Seems to be a ton of flu this year.
Yea, I take nothing from WJ, they earned the win. I just want to give Travis some love for playing while feeling so bad. Every team is dealing with things right now. I'd also like to say the B I T was a well run tourny with some really good teams. :Thumbs:
Oh, I agree and I LOVE Berea's Christmas Tournament. We played last year, too and it's a great venue.
At the 3 min mark he puts in a player who never plays. I couldn't figure out the strategy behind this. He also never ran any set plays looking for the 3 pt shot. I JUST Feel Like He WA I've The White Flag To early. I could be wrong and there may have been a reason why, and it may not have mattered anyway. We got smacked in the face plain and simple.
Different philosophies??

I know that whenever I coached basketball, I didn't give a damn thing! If we pressed, then we went FULL OUT!! I always wanted to give as much experience to my younger players as I could, but if we were in the game with 3 minutes left, then there were no substitutions! But that's just me.
Count Wrote:WJ was the better team last night. CC is going to be fine. I'd like to mention that our big man in the middle, Travis Mills, was very sick all weekend. He didnt play in the HC game and was visibly sick last night but he kept battling.

Agee 100% on Mills. I'm a big Mills fan. All out, all the time.
Also if you like what Mills brings to the game, you have to be pleased with the play of Gabbard. Sugar Bear is coming around nicely. Both guys will be a big help as the year passes.
Sugar Bear??
Sugar bear is playing very well and if they would bring a legitimate big man in too coach him up and show him some technique he could turn into a force. I really like him.....this team is gonna be hard to handle once they get healthy and back to full strength. . House looked good last night for being out a month.
Can't win them all.
They may beat us but they can't make us like it.
:disappoint:
Granny Bear Wrote:Sugar Bear??

No relation, Granny. Different set of bears. Straight off the cereal box!
For the Clay fans who are still stinging from this loss, you guys can take a lot of comfort in the fact that JC only won by 7. And that was with Farmer on the bench. This loss is not all that negative to me, and I love Clay County....just NOT when they play Harlan County!!

Happy New Year everyone!!