Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Smokey Mountain Wrestling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many of us saw a Smokey Mountain Wrestling event?

I saw several events in Paintsville. I think WYMT aired some their events back in the 90's.... usually on Saturday morning.

They had a cage match on Apple Day in the early 90's.... I think it was at Paintsville's football field. The cage was 2x4's and chicken wire.

[Image: Smoky_Mountain_Wrestling.jpg]
I never saw an event live but I did watch it on TV every week. I loved it. My favorite was Bruiser Bedlam. He was a thug in real life and I believe a murder but I liked him.
One of the events we saw in the Paintsville gym was a 'Street Fight' that went crazy....

They fought out the side doors on both ends of the gym. Somebody jumepd off the entrance way in the bleachers. It was crazy.
The Undertaker was at event in Pikeville in the mid 90's.

Several WWF wrestlers had matches in SMW back in the day.
[Image: Bio_019wm-400DPI.jpg?itok=3fY66zYZ]

The high quailty 2x4 & chicken wire cage
Never saw an event, but watched it on grainy UHF television
Pulp Fiction Wrote:One of the events we saw in the Paintsville gym was a 'Street Fight' that went crazy....

They fought out the side doors on both ends of the gym. Somebody jumepd off the entrance way in the bleachers. It was crazy.

This promo was one of the events I saw.
Yes, went to several SMW shows at the old Pikeville College gym back in the early 90's

Good memories.
Some very good wrestling from SMW. I was the Bluegrass Brawl at the Pikeville College gym in 1995 I think. Had a great time. Love watching Jim Cornett clips on youtube as well.
I loved Smoky Mountain Wrestling. Watched it on WYMT and went to the three Bluegrass Brawls they had in Pikeville. The last one was the one Paul Bearer and the Undertaker were at. Some of my best memories from childhood involved Smoky Mountain Wrestling. It was neat watching it on TV knowing before long I'd be there watching them in person.
I remember seeing The Undertaker at the old Pikeville College Gym. I wish we still had stuff like this around.