Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co 57 Mercer 49
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Solid win for the Bears!
Wow!! That's a huge win for the HC boys!!! Any details?
OMG!! somebody get a mod to remove my post in the football forum....I'm on my cell. details when I get home Cuz...hell of a game!!
Cody Bumgardner was huge again with 23 points and just took over late with the game on the line. Spurlock and Carmical with 12 each.
Nice defensive effort and great job on the boards by the Bears.
Our guards can really play! I'm real happy for our young coach and these kids. I believe this group is maintaining their commitment to excellence and it is really starting to show! Keep up the good work guys!!!
Very solid win for the bears. Can't wait to see the rematch win clay tomorrow
Again, this was a two and three point margin for the entire game. Hats off to Mercer; they are a solid team with some teriffic players!!! I will tell you that the officiating in this game was terrible. They seemed to focus on Bumgardner for us and #5 for Mercer. They allowed the game to get totally out of hand, IMO. I was genuinely impressed with the kids on BOTH teams for keeping the lid on when play got physical....as it did for most of the game. Mercer was full out the whole game, and played with intensity and passion.....I really really liked this Mercer team.

BUT, for every obstacle Mercer threw up, the Black Bears had an answer. Never quit and never lay down, I LOVED watching this game. Cody and Cam drove it down their danged throats all night long and swished the threes big time. Trey, Trayce and Miller had their spurts, but played fairly consistently all game long. And believe me, they HAD to have been winded...but it didn't show. I also gotta brag on Zak. When it comes to banging and tush hogging, he really comes through!! BIG TIME. He sat a screen for Cam tonight that four people could've shot behind. Cam made it good, too...with one of his threes.

All in all I'm very excited for this team and can't wait to watch them next time.

They will play my peeps from Clay County tomorrow, but I won't be able to go!! I predict a barn burner!!!!!
Nice job HC. :rockon:
Great WIN,

Great Win, good luck tomorrow.
Good Win
Way to play boys.
Predictions on Clay and Harlan Co.?
Clay is playing weird right now, no offense to any of their fans, but they just are. HC is playing above themselves right now.....and a neutral floor. It has all the ingredients to be a barn burner, and hard to predict.

I wouldn't be surprised to see either team win, or even an over time or two!

NO INJURIES!!!!

Good luck Tigers!!!

Go Black Bears!!!
Your right Granny about Clay. I wouldn't call it weird but I would call it uninspired. We have played several teams here lately that we knew we could just roll out of bed and beat and that's exactly the way we have played. I really hope that we don't over look HC because we have already beat them. If Clay don't come ready to play today HC will make them look bad. If Clay shows up ready play I'll say clay by 6-8. But Clay is looking for someone to smack them in the face and today could be the day. Good luck to both teams and hope for a good competitive game.
Oh, it'll be competitive! I have no doubt about that!!

Clay appears to play to their competition. If they are playing a mediocre team, they also will play mediocre.

Who knows how HC will play? They were not very consistent earlier in the season, but they are doing pretty good now. If the Bears come out and smack the Tigers in the face, they just may get smacked right back.