Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK 58 - Louisville 50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought Louisville played a decent game but.. There where a lot of terrible calls. In the last stretch UK flexed its muscles. Ulis stepped up, Karl Towns acted like Anthony Davis. And I'll never forget the stare that Cauley-Stein gave Harrell.
Well I figured there'd be more excitement about beating Louisville. Where are all the dumb loserville comments? Lol.
Does Louisville still have a basketball program?
Cal proves once again that he is a better coach than Slick Rick! Cal's strategy was to drop back and not fight over ball screens which more or less was giving the UL guards a open 3! Slick Rick's famous philosophy of not passing up a open 3 comes back to bite him in the BUTT once again! Rick's guards always go hog wild against Cal jacking up wild shots left and right!
Well I LOVED it!!! We were at Berea watching their Christmas Classic Tournament, but they had the TV going in the lobby. Fans were piled around it, and cheering for the Big Blue. What a great win!!!
LoL....Cal the better coach? I'm pretty sure Pitino's record speaks for itself. I don't know which game you watched......which you couldn't determine who the "better" coach is. It is common knowledge that U of L isn't a great offensive team. Yet they are 11-1. 700 wins, 7 final fours, two national championship (none vacated). He recruits college players (student athletes) who graduate. He coaches up and develops players. He doesn't use the aid of a world Wide Wes, Nike, AAU, JayZ, Drake and load up with guys who should be in the NBA. Cal has had six number one classes in a row. Do you think anybody will beat UK this year? As poorly as the Cards shot the ball they lose by only eight. Which poor shooting over UK'S length should be no surprise. The one and done rule needs to go......it's really offset the parity that was in the college game.
Kentucky Sports Radio made this game so much better.....

The website, the daily radio show between 10am-12pm and the pre and post game shows made this game seem like it was the main event of WrestleMania.

Matt, Ryan, Shannon, Drew, Mrs. Tyler and the rest of the KSR staff did an excellent job of putting angel halo's on UK and putting devil horns on U of L.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:LoL....Cal the better coach? I'm pretty sure Pitino's record speaks for itself. I don't know which game you watched......which you couldn't determine who the "better" coach is. It is common knowledge that U of L isn't a great offensive team. Yet they are 11-1. 700 wins, 7 final fours, two national championship (none vacated). He recruits college players (student athletes) who graduate. He coaches up and develops players. He doesn't use the aid of a world Wide Wes, Nike, AAU, JayZ, Drake and load up with guys who should be in the NBA. Cal has had six number one classes in a row. Do you think anybody will beat UK this year? As poorly as the Cards shot the ball they lose by only eight. Which poor shooting over UK'S length should be no surprise. The one and done rule needs to go......it's really offset the parity that was in the college game.

The first bolded.... Cal is 7-1 versus Pitino at UK.
The seconded bolded... The game I watched, UK won 58-50.
The third bolded.... Every coach in the game "coaches up and develops players" isn't that what a coach is supposed to do?
The fourth bolded.... Don't hate cause UK is the better program. U of L has Jennifer Lawrence. But it's a sad site when the biggest celebrity in the house has to be brought U of L clothing to change in to. You would think ole' Tommy Turtleneck would make sure anybody sitting in his private box would be made to wear at least something that said "Louisville" or "Cardinals" on it.
The fifth bolded.... NO.
Fromthebleachers you're statements are laughable about Rick not getting kids from AAU, one and dones. Are you really that blind? He recruits literally the same kids UK does, but he just doesn't get them! He recruited Trey Lyles but Trey wanted to go to the best program, not Loserville. He even recruits Thon Maker, Jaylen Brown, Derrick Thornton, etc. Multiple kids who are all likely to be one and done. It's hilarious, If KY had hit their shots and been driving to the basket like they did late in the game they would've won by 10 or 15 more. Louisville even shot almost the double the free throws we did and still lost haha! Tyler Ulis will be a four year guy and he's better than any one on Louisville. The Harrell hype was shot down. He did nothing. It kills me when people say Cal isn't a top coach. The guy gets kids to buy in to his system year in and year out better than anyone.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:LoL....Cal the better coach? I'm pretty sure Pitino's record speaks for itself. I don't know which game you watched......which you couldn't determine who the "better" coach is. It is common knowledge that U of L isn't a great offensive team. Yet they are 11-1. 700 wins, 7 final fours, two national championship (none vacated). He recruits college players (student athletes) who graduate. He coaches up and develops players. He doesn't use the aid of a world Wide Wes, Nike, AAU, JayZ, Drake and load up with guys who should be in the NBA. Cal has had six number one classes in a row. Do you think anybody will beat UK this year? As poorly as the Cards shot the ball they lose by only eight. Which poor shooting over UK'S length should be no surprise. The one and done rule needs to go......it's really offset the parity that was in the college game.

Cal has proven to be the better coach by winning 7 out of the last 8 games against Pitino! Cal has a higher career winning percentage and has won more Conference titles. Cal while at Umass managed to beat Pitino's great 96' title team that had 10 Pros! Cal had 2 pros his whole time at Umass, Camby and Roe! UL fans take the cake! Slick Rick dishes out hush money to some hoe he knocked up and you guys try to make him out to be John the Baptist! As far as losing by only 8 WTF does that have to do with anything??? A win is a win, 1 is as good a 100 it all counts as a W! Cal has not had six #1 recruiting classes in a row! Why are you making crap up for?? Duke had the #1 recruiting class this season!
Keep drinking the kool-aid boys and you have to be silly boys. Absolutely clueless. You would think UK fans would respect Pitino for rebuilding their cheating program years ago. One thing is clear.....he does not recruit anything like Cal. He doesn't have to. Naive and delusional boys. One of the admiral traits about Pitino besides what he does with his player is what he does for his assistant coaches and those that have gone on to become successful head coaches. Pitino.....if he never goes to another final four has had a great career. It's about the kids for him now. After all...what's left for him to do? He is in the HOF. He is content. He has left his mark on the college game. And a game that is played in Dec for bragging rights....in your case (ignorant ones) doesn't define the season and it never will. Meantime....the Cards have a big bowl game in football coming up. A win there will really make Card fans happy.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Keep drinking the kool-aid boys and you have to be silly boys. Absolutely clueless. You would think UK fans would respect Pitino for rebuilding their cheating program years ago. One thing is clear.....he does not recruit anything like Cal. He doesn't have to. Naive and delusional boys. One of the admiral traits about Pitino besides what he does with his player is what he does for his assistant coaches and those that have gone on to become successful head coaches. Pitino.....if he never goes to another final four has had a great career. It's about the kids for him now. After all...what's left for him to do? He is in the HOF. He is content. He has left his mark on the college game. And a game that is played in Dec for bragging rights....in your case (ignorant ones) doesn't define the season and it never will. Meantime....the Cards have a big bowl game in football coming up. A win there will really make Card fans happy.
:lame:
looks like Rick is teaching them how to flop at the chicken shack Confusednicker:
The YUM! Center needs to be renamed....

The Jim Bean Saloon
The Wild Tukrey Tavern
The Woodford Reserve Gardens
The Makers Mark Arena

Something that reflects the amount of alcohol served rather than our State's wonderful fried chicken chain being ruined by association with loserville.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Keep drinking the kool-aid boys and you have to be silly boys. Absolutely clueless. You would think UK fans would respect Pitino for rebuilding their cheating program years ago. One thing is clear.....he does not recruit anything like Cal. He doesn't have to. Naive and delusional boys. One of the admiral traits about Pitino besides what he does with his player is what he does for his assistant coaches and those that have gone on to become successful head coaches. Pitino.....if he never goes to another final four has had a great career. It's about the kids for him now. After all...what's left for him to do? He is in the HOF. He is content. He has left his mark on the college game. And a game that is played in Dec for bragging rights....in your case (ignorant ones) doesn't define the season and it never will. Meantime....the Cards have a big bowl game in football coming up. A win there will really make Card fans happy.

As compared to what? Louisville.:biglmao:
What happened in that bowl game? Lol You're delusional bleachers. I'm sure you don't keep up with recruiting, that's alright, you can't accept he recruits the same way. We win the bragging rights game and we've beat you while you're in our way in the tournament every time. Please stop while you don't look like a complete fool. Louisville fans have a hard time accepting facts.
As expected, Lville sucks. I see them with about a 4 or 5 seed entering the tourney. Finish with 7 or 8 losses, 2nd round the ACC tourney.
The bad calls went both ways, mostly "No Calls". I think KY will get through the SEC without a blemish, and as always anything can happen in the tournament. Go Cats!
Ballers Wrote:Well I figured there'd be more excitement about beating Louisville. Where are all the dumb loserville comments? Lol.

Nothing to be excited about. We always beat Lville. Theyre our whipping boys.
I get more excited playing Grand Canyon.