Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell vs. Montgomery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This game is going to be a big one. Does anyone have any predictions or insights on this game?
This will probably be one of the best games of the season, a real slobberknocker.:redboxer: Ofcourse there will be a big turn out with the eight million dollar gym being opened. I heard even the TV crews are going to roll out to it. It should be exciting cant wait. don't know much about what Montgomery has this year, but i'm sure there tough, but i take Powell by 6, 81-75.
I wish Powell could win this game, but it ain't goin' happen. The officials from that region are not going o allow a visiting team to come to Mt. Sterling and beat the home town team on the opening night of their new gym. Not goin' happen. This game won't be close. Powell may have a bunch of seniors, but they may have to dip into underclassmen before this night is over.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I wish Powell could win this game, but it ain't goin' happen. The officials from that region are not going o allow a visiting team to come to Mt. Sterling and beat the home town team on the opening night of their new gym. Not goin' happen. This game won't be close. Powell may have a bunch of seniors, but they may have to dip into underclassmen before this night is over.

Are you serious!!!!:thatsfunn They only beat Powell last year by 5 points Powell was up the whole game by 10 or more until the 4th quarter when they came back during the final minutes. But this year I guarantee Powell will come out ready to play and ready to beat the Indians in their pretty new gym. Cant wait for this game!!!! I'll take Powell by 7.
Good4Three Wrote:Are you serious!!!!:thatsfunn They only beat Powell last year by 5 points Powell was up the whole game by 10 or more until the 4th quarter when they came back during the final minutes. But this year I guarantee Powell will come out ready to play and ready to beat the Indians in their pretty new gym. Cant wait for this game!!!! I'll take Powell by 7.
I hope you are right, but I don't see it happening.

BTW, where was last years game played? Was it at Powell? If so then that answers a few questions for me concerning your 5 point comment. One thing I have learned over the years is that out-of-region teams are clearly at a huge disadvantage. That's just the way it is. If Powell has a 20 point better team than Montgomery then they may beat them in their "pretty new gym". You might also add, "and beat them with their own regional officials, the one's MC's coach and all other 10th region schools will RATE for post season tournament games.....":yikes:
I think its hilarious how much people realize that half of the time, the reason that good teams lose is because the officials are paid off, or bribed, or just simply come from one county or the other. So that alone should show everyone that a game can't show talent, when it is RIGGED. Does anyone else agree??
It seems to me that LOOKYANNER just doesnt like Powell County at all. IMO I think it will be a great game to watch. It will be a battle to the end too
I agree Powell Fan 1
LOOKYANNER. Your making this game seem like that Powell is just going to be a pushover team this year. It's foolish to say that refs from their are going to dictate this game. A good team will win with calls against them if they are a good team. I see this in Powell County. I'm not saying that Powell will win easily either. But this game will certainly come down to the wire, and who ever wants it the most is going to win.
Powell Fan 1 Wrote:It seems to me that LOOKYANNER just doesnt like Powell County at all. IMO I think it will be a great game to watch. It will be a battle to the end too
You're wrong. I do like Powell County. But I'm just being realistic. I didn't say the game would be "rigged". But it is fairly common theme for the home regional team to get the benifit of the doubt on most calls that could go either way. And it doesn't take too many of them to make a difference. That's just how it has been for years, and it won't change in the future. To say different is to ignore history.

Again, I want Powell to win this game! I'm rooting for the Pirates. But I'm also trying to not wear blinders when looking at games like this.
I am glad somebody has some sense around here!!!!!!!!!!!
BballRox1135 Wrote:I am glad somebody has some sense around here!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!:thumpsup:
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I wish Powell could win this game, but it ain't goin' happen. The officials from that region are not going o allow a visiting team to come to Mt. Sterling and beat the home town team on the opening night of their new gym. Not goin' happen. This game won't be close. Powell may have a bunch of seniors, but they may have to dip into underclassmen before this night is over.

You want Powell to win but you say this ^. Yea right!
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Thanks!:thumpsup:
And You actually could think I was talking about your pollock A$s!!!!
AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :Clap: SURE!!!! I would hate to make the baby cry......
Powell Fan 1 Wrote:You want Powell to win but you say this ^. Yea right!
What did I say???
Yes, I want the Pirates to win.
All i said is it is an out of region game. And it is more of an unusual game than one will normally see because it has the added factor of being the opening night for the new gym. It's kind of like playing someone in their gym on the same night they're honoring past coaches. The emotion is different. The atmosphere is different.
I don't mean to sound negative. If it sounds that way I'm sorry.
I thought I was just making a logical and realistic opinion.
BballRox1135 Wrote:And You actually could think I was talking about your pollock A$s!!!!
AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :Clap: SURE!!!! I would hate to make the baby cry......
I knew you wasn't referring to me. Just playing around with you.
Well unfortunately negativity is all anybody normally hears from you. Maybe you should think things out before you type it, and people won't get so upset at you all the time......get what I'm saying?? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just sayin......
BballRox1135 Wrote:Well unfortunately negativity is all anybody normally hears from you. Maybe you should think things out before you type it, and people won't get so upset at you all the time......get what I'm saying?? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just sayin......
What's to think out?? I gave an opinion. Just because I don't fall right in line with al you guys, I guess that makes me negative. It would tickle me to no end if Powell could win this game, but for me to say it will be a diffucult chore and then list some reasons why does not make me negative. Maybe my opnions are wrong about this game and Powell may win. If so then I will eat crow and admit that I was wrong.:igiveup:
Powell Fan 1 Wrote:LOOKYANNER. Your making this game seem like that Powell is just going to be a pushover team this year. It's foolish to say that refs from their are going to dictate this game. A good team will win with calls against them if they are a good team. I see this in Powell County. I'm not saying that Powell will win easily either. But this game will certainly come down to the wire, and who ever wants it the most is going to win.

I agree with this, whoever wants it the most will win, and from what I hear about powell they will be ready to play on the 28th.
Well Powell will not be a push over team this year because of all the seniors and the new coach ,coach livley but i Still say montgomery co is goin to win because i agree with the people who say the reffs will not let them loose there frist game in ther new gym
Montgomery Co will be a darkhorse in the 10th this year. Top teams in the 10th region are Mason Co and George Rogers Clark. Looking forward to see how this game comes out.
Well I think if everyone thinks that it is gonna take the refs to get Montgomery to win, they must not be very good....but thats just me....
HERE IS HOW I LOOK AT IT
Coast of food 15.00$ Coast of gas 30.00$ COAST TO COME OVER TO YOUR HOME COURT AND WHIP YOUR TILL ON YOUR NEW FLOOR PIRICELESS!!!!!
this will be a really good game...both teams are problly pumped up and ready to go
Question: How would Montgomery County and Shelby Valley match up? Shelby Valley beat Powell 39 in a recent scrimmage. If Powell can beat Montgomery in Mt. Sterling on the opening night of their new gym, then I will admit that the Shelby Valley game was a fluke. But the SV game does not produce a lot of promise for that to happen.
The Pirates didn't come out ready to play up at SV. They started off with very little intensity. A big step that Powell County is gonna have to make is winning on the road. The majority of their games are on the road, and they are gonna have to step it up a notch. I still believe Powell will play well at Montgomery County. All I can say is that Powell has to come out ready to play every time they step on the floor.
i think that powell is going to have a tough time adjusting to their new style and especially playing the first month without Romans, their top scorer/rebounder, but after they get used to it all, I think things will start to look up for the pirates. Nobody said that this would be easy for this team, but I think they will suprise ppl by the end of the year.
I thought Powell could win this one easy but I dont know now that Romans is out
well i know i agree kyballer
Its going to be a tough game but I think Powel could take it if they wanted it. They have a really good team this year and a good coach at that. Being played in the eight million dollar gym and powell and montgermy is the first match up then i say they will both be fightin pretty hard to win. Without Romans I think that powell will have to step it up alot because he is a good ball player and without him its going to be tough but i think powell can tough it out and win.
Pages: 1 2