Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best all around player in the 15th.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets here your thoughts.
You can take your pick

Elisha Justice
Ashley Hatfield
Logan Bryant
Taylor Newsome

Either one of those are the best, and they all go to Valley.

GO VALLEY!!!!!!
I know I'll probabily get some grief for this but oh well it is my opinion. The best all around player in the region is Landon Slone. Why?? He can shoot, plays good D, Versitile enough to play all positions, somewhat athletic, he's the best in the region taking the ball to the rack, pretty good ball handler,and wheather some people admit it or not he can pass the ball and set his teammates up(like he did in the "All A" last season). With that being said this is my opinion on this and I hope you guys can respect that.:thumpsup:
I agree with you Moe. SVwildcat2010 let these boys play some games and prove themselves before you say they are the best in the region. I myself think they are great players and will be top players in a year or so. Just let them prove themselves first. You make all SV fans look bad by saying comments like that.
HazzBeen Wrote:I agree with you Moe. SVwildcat2010 let these boys play some games and prove themselves before you say they are the best in the region. I myself think they are great players and will be top players in a year or so. Just let them prove themselves first. You make all SV fans look bad by saying comments like that.
Thanks.:thumpsup:
[QUOTE=HazzBeen]I agree with you Moe. SVwildcat2010 let these boys play some games and prove themselves before you say they are the best in the region. I myself think they are great players and will be top players in a year or so. Just let them prove themselves first. You make all SV fans look bad by saying comments like that.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I think that is the goal here. I know those boys can play (Elisha and Logan are two of the best we've ever had at Dorton, and I'm sure Virgie fans would say likewise for Ashley and Taylor), but there is no way any of them are the best all around player in the region right now. Maybe in a few years that will be a good argument, but not right now.

On this forum, it is easy to create an account and make posts just to make a certain player or school look bad, so don't judge a whole community by posts made that make no sense at all.
In this area, I think it is hard to find a all around great player. Some doesnt play defence. Some cant shoot the 3's. Others cant drive or handle the ball that well. I think there are some players that are better than alot in a few of them. I really cant think of one that is good at them all though.
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:You can take your pick

Elisha Justice
Ashley Hatfield
Logan Bryant
Taylor Newsome

Either one of those are the best, and they all go to Valley.

GO VALLEY!!!!!!

I always feel ashamed when I read this person's posts. Never makes any real sense.

I'd say the best all aorund player in the region is Jacob Bryant. I may be biased, bu he can drive the lane, or pull it up from outside.
Moe Wrote:I know I'll probabily get some grief for this but oh well it is my opinion. The best all around player in the region is Landon Slone. Why?? He can shoot, plays good D, Versitile enough to play all positions, somewhat athletic, he's the best in the region taking the ball to the rack, pretty good ball handler,and wheather some people admit it or not he can pass the ball and set his teammates up(like he did in the "All A" last season). With that being said this is my opinion on this and I hope you guys can respect that.:thumpsup:
I Agree!
I like th ehonaker kids from pikeville
Well I would have to agree with Moe that SLone is the most versitale in the 15th. He pretty much summed it all up in why he is the best.
i think the all around best player would either be landon slone or van ferguson, they both can dribble shoot and play defense
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:In this area, I think it is hard to find a all around great player. Some doesnt play defence. Some cant shoot the 3's. Others cant drive or handle the ball that well. I think there are some players that are better than alot in a few of them. I really cant think of one that is good at them all though.

Now adays it is hard to fin a all around good boys basketball player there is a bunch in the 15th for the gurls but not the guys
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I always feel ashamed when I read this person's posts. Never makes any real sense.

I'd say the best all aorund player in the region is Jacob Bryant. I may be biased, bu he can drive the lane, or pull it up from outside.

I agree that Jake is the best all around player too. Also I half to agree with SVWILDCAT2010 about his picks. All of the boys are good players. He does have a point.
I think that the top player in the 15 th is landon slone.........but ethan johnson will turns some heads this yr.........there is alot of good players in the region.....
It is a tough call in stating who is the best player. Players that make their team better by doing so many different things both on the court and off should be taken in account. Who can take a pre season mediocre team and turn them into contenders on most nights and leads by example with hard work and encouraging words to all of their fellow players. Top players do not have to score more than anyone else every night to earn the title. I think so many fans only try and see how many points are scored by certain players and they have no idea what goes on in the game with rebounding, defense, passing, breaking presses, encouragement and never eve thinking they are beat. Just a few of my thoughts which really don't mean alot to most but I hope some will see into it.
ballgurl00 Wrote:Now adays it is hard to fin a all around good boys basketball player there is a bunch in the 15th for the gurls but not the guys
o bull crap, landon slone and van ferguson can shoot, dribble, and they eat ppl up on defense
"Speak softly but, carry a big stick" That is the way Shane Grimm plays, he shoots well, he rebounds well, he plays defense well, and he leads by example. I think he is better all round than Lando.
PrimeRib Wrote:o bull crap, landon slone and van ferguson can shoot, dribble, and they eat ppl up on defense
Van hasnt eat anyone up on defense that we know of, unless you seen him play in florida and we all know landons "d" isnt all that great
PrimeRib Wrote:o bull crap, landon slone and van ferguson can shoot, dribble, and they eat ppl up on defense

True i agree with you there but those might be the only 2