Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Laurel's Peyton Broughton Picks Up Clemson Offer!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Saw on Twitter. Wow, this is pretty big. I mean, ACC. Great for the 13th region I would believe as Well. Congrats to him.
Good for the whole state.
Merry Christmas to all.
Happy New Year.
Beginning to pick up some D-1 offer. :worthy:
Crongrats...about the 5th D-1 offer I think..:Cheerlead
Hope the D 1 schools are seeing more than I am....the kid is probably averaging 30 or more points a game but any decent player that puts up 40 shots a game should wouldn't you agree!!!!! Barger at KC and Smith at CC are both putting up big numbers on alot less attempts.....just better all around players in my opinion.
Apparently they are... 5 d-1 offers and so many more actually recruiting him from what I am hearing including UT.
Congrats to Broughton he is a fine player.
Coach Sizemore has some connections with Clemson. A former teammate of his at South Laurel is an assistant coach at Clemson, Richie Riley. There are also some connections with Tennessee with another fromer South Laurel player Ty Profitt being on staff there. Never hurts to know people. Congrats to Broughton!
bballfan 20
REALLY??
Don't see either getting D1 offers
Ya really....I'm not trying to take anything from the Broughton kid , he is a good player just not to level people are assuming yet. Just ask yourself if you had a state championship team in front of you and you needed 1 guard to complete it would you take a chance on Broughton shooting your team out of it or Smith or Barger doing as they do and taking their team to the top........as far as that goes the Taylor kid from corbin would be way ahead of Broughton when it's a team game......Broughton rather get his 40 shots n score and lose than win a championship....people can say whatever they want to but you no as well as I do actions speak louder than words. ..just watch his game..:devilflame
bballfan20 Wrote:Ya really....I'm not trying to take anything from the Broughton kid , he is a good player just not to level people are assuming yet. Just ask yourself if you had a state championship team in front of you and you needed 1 guard to complete it would you take a chance on Broughton shooting your team out of it or Smith or Barger doing as they do and taking their team to the top........as far as that goes the Taylor kid from corbin would be way ahead of Broughton when it's a team game......Broughton rather get his 40 shots n score and lose than win a championship....people can say whatever they want to but you no as well as I do actions speak louder than words. ..just watch his game..:devilflame

Top scorers in the region.

Peyton Broughton..17 shot per game.
Blake Smith.. 16 shot per game.
Andrew Taylor..15 shot per game.
Jacob Hammond..14 shot per game.
Skyler Griffith..12 shot per game.
Corey Shelton..12 shot per game.
Caleb Taylor..12 shot per game.
Trey Farmer..11 shot per game.

Nobody is shooting 40 shot per game.....:popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Top scorers in the region.

Peyton Broughton..17 shot per game.
Blake Smith.. 16 shot per game.
Andrew Taylor..15 shot per game.
Jacob Hammond..14 shot per game.
Skyler Griffith..12 shot per game.
Corey Shelton..12 shot per game.
Caleb Taylor..12 shot per game.
Trey Farmer..11 shot per game.

Nobody is shooting 40 shot per game.....:popcorn:

Where do you find those stats at. I would like to be able to follow some players by their stats. Not all teams list their stats on KHSAA
Slamup Wrote:Where do you find those stats at. I would like to be able to follow some players by their stats. Not all teams list their stats on KHSAA

13th region basketball on Facebook. :Cheerlead
Who is reporting Norths stats because they don't report to khsaa also do they report foul shot because a foul doesn't count as an attempt. Would like to see the stats as a whole. Also shooting percentage.
Slamup Wrote:Where do you find those stats at. I would like to be able to follow some players by their stats. Not all teams list their stats on KHSAA

BrokenArrow Wrote:Who is reporting Norths stats because they don't report to khsaa also do they report foul shot because a foul doesn't count as an attempt. Would like to see the stats as a whole. Also shooting percentage.

I just copy it off my Facebook from the 13th region Facebook...I wish north laurel would posts stats it's a khsaa rule for sure. :HitWall:
Also frazier from OBI is either leading everyone or is 2nd in the region in scoring. What's Broughton s avg. Per game.
Slamup Wrote:Coach Sizemore has some connections with Clemson. A former teammate of his at South Laurel is an assistant coach at Clemson, Richie Riley. There are also some connections with Tennessee with another fromer South Laurel player Ty Profitt being on staff there. Never hurts to know people. Congrats to Broughton!

I agree the connections mean more than anything.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Also frazier from OBI is either leading everyone or is 2nd in the region in scoring. What's Broughton s avg. Per game.

I have know clue...Just seen the attempt on Facebook. No pts avg.
bballfan20 Wrote:Ya really....I'm not trying to take anything from the Broughton kid , he is a good player just not to level people are assuming yet. Just ask yourself if you had a state championship team in front of you and you needed 1 guard to complete it would you take a chance on Broughton shooting your team out of it or Smith or Barger doing as they do and taking their team to the top........as far as that goes the Taylor kid from corbin would be way ahead of Broughton when it's a team game......Broughton rather get his 40 shots n score and lose than win a championship....people can say whatever they want to but you no as well as I do actions speak louder than words. ..just watch his game..:devilflame
This sounds just like the post Marsee put up on the 13th region site earlier. Possibly some envy going on? Can't believe we don't try to be proud of our players and want them all to get a college scholarship!
Can we all just congratulate a kid for earning whatever he gets. Keep up the good work Mr. Broughton.
North 25 Wrote:This sounds just like the post Marsee put up on the 13th region site earlier. Possibly some envy going on? Can't believe we don't try to be proud of our players and want them all to get a college scholarship!

Glad somebody else is looking on Facebook. I was beginning to ask myself the same question. I hope every kid that plays basketball can get a scholarship. :popcorn:
Count Wrote:Can we all just congratulate a kid for earning whatever he gets. Keep up the good work Mr. Broughton.
So true Count.
Congrats to Peyton. Good luck.
Haters will hate, 5 D-1 offers. These people know what they are doing. Cong: to Peyton.
Clemson is 1 offer. Anyone know the other 4? And congrats and good luck to the kid.
jamesdeane Wrote:Clemson is 1 offer. Anyone know the other 4? And congrats and good luck to the kid.

Samford,Wku,wright state is what I've been told
BrokenArrow Wrote:Samford,Wku,wright state is what I've been told
Awesome!
Clemson, WKU, Samford, Wright State, and Miami of Ohio have all offered. Actively being recruited by Tennessee, Xavier, IUPUI, UAB. Vanderbilt, WVU have also made contacts with coaches showing interest. As with all of our high school kids, hope the offers continue!
Pages: 1 2