Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 58th District Weak or Not??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Weaker than ever before or pretty strong....give me some opinions
WEAK!!!no regional champs this year from the 58th
This is probably the weakest I have ever seen it.
Very Weak...To be honest Prestonsburg is the best team in the District! And thats not just because I go there. And I think I can support that also.

#24 Bobby Hughes- Because he is the most vertile player in the 58th. Can drive, shoot, and can play D.

#10 Jordon Hall- Like most other players in the region can shoot the 3 ball all night long.

#15 Trevor Patton- Mostly because of how strong he has gotten after playing football. Plus he is 6"7 and over 200lbs. And can shoot the ball and will probabley be the best big man in the region this year.
-STAT- Wrote:This is probably the weakest I have ever seen it.
Have to agree, talent wise and the quality of teams. It went from probabily the strongest district in the region from about 1999 to about 2003' to eaisly the weakest in the region and one of the weakest in the state..IMO. Their should be some good basketball within the district though.
The whole district is down with only one player I can think of off hand from last year.
Ethan Johnson is the only 58th name mentioned when you talk about top players in the region
meganwillis10 Wrote:The whole district is down with only one player I can think of off hand from last year.
Ethan Johnson is the only 58th name mentioned when you talk about top players in the region
With out a doubt. Like I said the talent level is down big time this season in that district.
blackcat_student Wrote:Very Weak...To be honest Prestonsburg is the best team in the District! And thats not just because I go there. And I think I can support that also.

#24 Bobby Hughes- Because he is the most vertile player in the 58th. Can drive, shoot, and can play D.

#10 Jordon Hall- Like most other players in the region can shoot the 3 ball all night long.

#15 Trevor Patton- Mostly because of how strong he has gotten after playing football. Plus he is 6"7 and over 200lbs. And can shoot the ball and will probabley be the best big man in the region this year.

lol yup..i think the 58th is up for grabs. it always is. I think Allen Centrals got everyones vote as of now. But i think the championship game will be Prestonsburg vs. South Floyd. But yea the district is probably the weakest ever from what i can see now. But this topic gets brought up every year, and every year at least one of the teams make a pretty big impact. Hasn't South floyd won the all "a" classic like 3 times in the past like 5 years or sumthin? And i know every year everyone always talks about how bad they are going to be. Who all do they have this year. Any new players that could stand out?
When i think about the 58th district, one name pops into mind... Michael Hernandez!!! He has been on the bentch the past 3 years for the Blackcats, but he will be an unexpected surprise, not only can this 6'5 beast dominate the boards but he can drain the 3 ball when it comes down to it... GO BLACKCATS!!!!!!
Weakest district by far, for the last couple of years actually.
I don't know about the weakest by far over the last couple of years because the entire region has been down. The 58th sure has alot to try and prove this year however, South Floyd may not win a game if they don't improve from last year.
blackcat_crazy07 Wrote:When i think about the 58th district, one name pops into mind... Michael Hernandez!!! He has been on the bentch the past 3 years for the Blackcats, but he will be an unexpected surprise, not only can this 6'5 beast dominate the boards but he can drain the 3 ball when it comes down to it... GO BLACKCATS!!!!!!

I hope Micheal is a surprise but I don't think he will be a scoring threat at all.
weak
How can you all say the 58th was so weak last year.......58th Runner-up Betsy Layne last year had Johnson Central beat in regulation and Overtime, but lost because of free-throws. It's a weak region, that is up for grabs from any team from any district imo.
South Floyd beat Johnson Central by 9 in regulation. But they got beat out 1st round of districts.
Probably the weakest district in the state
If compared to last years 58th this years will be pretty weak but idk if it will be as weak as everyone says, there is always a team or 2 that surprises everyone...Dont think there will be any region threats though.