Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott vs Covington Catholic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Big time matchup! I will be in the smokies pulling for the Lady Pats, but wanted to give our boy's team a shout out! Pats by 7

Time to rise Patriot Nation. History is about to be repeated!

[Image: 9p8pvl6.png]

More mash taters please!
Patriots have a very good team and would like to see any 14th regional title win a championship for that matter.I just don't see it happening,maybe final 4 if they get a great draw.
Do I believe in eastern kentucky....yes,yes,yes

Knott County Central 84
Covington Catholic 76

:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Hit N' Run Wrote:Patriots have a very good team and would like to see any 14th regional title win a championship for that matter.I just don't see it happening,maybe final 4 if they get a great draw.

Luckily, the Sweet 16 doesn't start for a few more months. Big chance here for KCC to make a statement. A win would be great. A convincing win would be huge. Pumped for this one.
Covington Catholic 2014 state champs and would be a good showing for the Patriots.Bring that win home.I believe.
Knott is ranked higher than Covington aren't they?
IMO Knott should win the game.
Just depends on Justice, if he turns on his Lebron mode they won't lose. If he turns on his Manu Ginobli and starts flopping they will lose.
Learn a little more about knott finally playing some competition. I take pats in a barn burner 60-57
Around here Knott Co is probably the best team, but when they have to play teams out in the state its a little different, Cov Catholic played some good competition. The 14th region is weaker from 2-10 than its been in a while....Finally Knott Co has to play a decent team not a cupcake 20 to 30 point win and I say Cov Catholic wins 68-59.
I am always pulling for the 14th region team regardless of who it is. However, I believe Knott will have their hands full Saturday night. This game goes either way with a 3 point margin. Good luck Knott.
I don't see Knott having any trouble with this one. KC by 15.:yawn:
The key to this game will be Hall. Justice will get his, but Hall needs to stay out of foul trouble. If they are calling it tight, he will not last long, he plays very rough inside and likes to try and block everything and go over people's backs for rebounds. Fouls a lot, just not called a lot when playing at Knott. If Combs can hit a few open 3's it will also loosen up Justice a bit, but he has been very cold as of late.
Cov Cath is no where close to what they where last year. If knott doesn't win by double figures I will be shocked and it will probably show that knott isn't a top 3 team in the state.
I think Cov Cath jumps out early but Knott eventually outpaces them in this one.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Cov Cath is no where close to what they where last year. If knott doesn't win by double figures I will be shocked and it will probably show that knott isn't a top 3 team in the state.

So the #1 team in the state(Trinity) only beat Cov Cath by 11 and if Knott doesn't beat Cov Cath by double figures, Knott is not top 3? If Knott only wins (yes wins) by 1 point they should drop in the rankings?:biglmao: Just don't understand the logic!
This would be a great game to watch, where is it being played at?
AthleteChuckle Wrote:This would be a great game to watch, where is it being played at?

Rowen County
Ill say Knott by 5.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:So the #1 team in the state(Trinity) only beat Cov Cath by 11 and if Knott doesn't beat Cov Cath by double figures, Knott is not top 3? If Knott only wins (yes wins) by 1 point they should drop in the rankings?:biglmao: Just don't understand the logic!

I think he's just saying that if Knott doesn't handle them in the same fashion that Trinity did that they aren't a top three team.

You can be ranked in the top three and not be a top three team - if that makes any sense. If not wins every big game the rest of the season by one point they won't drop in the rankings.

Not saying I agree with the guy, but I understand what he's getting at.
What I'm saying is Cov Cath is not nearly as strong as last year. They are good don't get me wrong and maybe the best coached team in the state. But Knott has had trouble once they get outside the mountains with the bigger more athletic schools. That being said Cov Cath is not that. They are a system team and if knott can't handle them then I don't see them competing with the big boys.
BrokenArrow Wrote:What I'm saying is Cov Cath is not nearly as strong as last year. They are good don't get me wrong and maybe the best coached team in the state. But Knott has had trouble once they get outside the mountains with the bigger more athletic schools. That being said Cov Cath is not that. They are a system team and if knott can't handle them then I don't see them competing with the big boys.

I get what you're saying.

But I think what some of the rest of us think is if they only lost to the #1 team by a few possessions - they can't be that bad.
I don't think Cov Cath is that down. I just think Knott is that good this year. But who am I.
Knott struggled shooting the other night.I'm a Hazard homer but anytime a 14th region team plays outside here,I like to see a victory for them.I think they struggle in this one and it might be a wake up call for them.They played lethargic against us.Take Hall out of the equation in the Knott/Hazard game and combine that with poor shooting effort,it's a recipe for disaster against any opponent.Just my opinion.
Hit N' Run Wrote:Knott struggled shooting the other night.I'm a Hazard homer but anytime a 14th region team plays outside here,I like to see a victory for them.I think they struggle in this one and it might be a wake up call for them.They played lethargic against us.Take Hall out of the equation in the Knott/Hazard game and combine that with poor shooting effort,it's a recipe for disaster against any opponent.Just my opinion.

19pt loss not enough for you?
If Knott struggles shooting with Hall on the bench in foul trouble,they are in for a long night against a top rated team in the state.We've been beat worse than 19 before.Hazard,from 2000 until 2008 owned Knott,actually went 16 wins in a row against Knott.Lost one & then won another game against Knott,the one that mattered(you might recall that one in ot). have not beat Knott since.We came close a few times.Knott is by far the best team in the 14th but if you want to talk about a $$s whooping,98 to 53 ring a bell? By the way,17 -11 against Knott since 2000.It may swing in our favor after this year.Just ask one of your big freshmen,one in particular.Confusednicker::Thumbs:
Hit N' Run Wrote:If Knott struggles shooting with Hall on the bench in foul trouble,they are in for a long night against a top rated team in the state.We've been beat worse than 19 before.Hazard,from 2000 until 2008 owned Knott,actually went 16 wins in a row against Knott.Lost one & then won another game against Knott,the one that mattered(you might recall that one in ot). have not beat Knott since.We came close a few times.Knott is by far the best team in the 14th but if you want to talk about a $$s whooping,98 to 53 ring a bell? By the way,17 -11 against Knott since 2000.It may swing in our favor after this year.Just ask one of your big freshmen,one in particular.Confusednicker::Thumbs:

Calm down brah
Could be a great game, rooting for mountain team KCC.
Could go either way. One team will win by 8.
I think Knott shoots well and Hall has a big game and wins by 8 proving that they are a legit team for a possible state champion.
Is this game on the radio.
Pages: 1 2 3