Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky State Duals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From what you've seen so far this season, what teams from each Region will be at the State Duals?
From Region 8....

I think it will be Johnson Central, Montgomery County or Harrison County.
Nobody has any info on who is going to the State Duals????
Sectionals are still being finalized in a few places.
From what I can gather from other message boards....

Large School
Christian County - Section 1
Ohio County - Section 1
Campbell County - Section 2
Ryle - Section 2
Henry Clay - Section 3
Johnson Central - Section 3
Oldham County - Section 4
North Hardin - Section 4
Fern Creek - Section 5
Meade County - Section 5
Trinity (Louisville) - Section 6
St. Xavier - Section 6

Some teams that won or was runner-up in their sectional are not making the trip to Union County for the State Duals due to the long traveling distance.
Small School
Union County - Section 1
Calloway County - Section 1
Scott - Section 2
Newport - Section 2
Doss
LaRue County
Wayne County

There are several Small School Sectionals that haven't reported. And some teams that won or was runner-up in their sectional are not making the trip to Union County for the State Duals due to the long traveling distance.
The Expo Center in Pikeville would be a great place to host the 2016 State Duals.

There is enough room for at least six mats, maybe eight if the lower arena bleachers are pushed in.

There are enough hotels for the teams/fans. Pikeville is a big enough city to host the State Duals. Not to mention, if teams are gonna travel to the Western end of the state this year, is it not only fair to let the Eastern end host it next year........?
State Duals is supposed to be on a rotation basis. Next year in central KY or Louisville area from what I was told. Many teams are in good out of state events the weekend of state duals as well, so that is why some are not participating.
Got this info from the KWCA page....
The state duals are going to be held in Union County at the Dr. John A. Arnold Arena. Satruday, January 31st, 2015. Weigh-ins begin at 8am Central time. Wrestling begins at 9:30am I've listed the team below that are scheduled to attend, but that is subject to change.

Small School Division
Union County
Calloway County
Scott
Newport
Harrison County
Bourbon County
Wayne County
Fort Campbell
Moore
North Oldham
Doss
LaRue County

Big School Division
Christian County
Ohio County
Campbell County
Ryle
Henry Clay
Johnson Central
Oldham County
North Hardin
Fern Creek
Meade County
Trinity (Louisville)
Saint Xavier

Looks like a great day of wrestling. Both divisions has four pools with three teams per pool.
Team A wrestles Team B; Team A wrestles Team C; Team B wrestles Team C. The best record moves on to the Semi-Finals. I know the teams that don't make it in to the semi-finals do get more matches and the chance to place.
If anybody is keeping track.... Johnson Central has the longest drive. GoogleMaps is saying that it is 341 miles and close to 5-6 hours from JC parking lot to the arena in Union County.

#LongHaul