Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville's Starting Five
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who will start for Pikeville this year? I would think... Jacob Sword, Matt Clevinger, Tim Honaker, Robert Boyd maybe..... who else?
maybe Deven Adams...he is about 6'9 or 6'10...IMO... I thought he played really good over the summer....another possibility is Harmon...he came off the bench last year as a freshman and played well for the Panthers.
Harmon, Honaker, Sword, Clevenger and Boyd small line up but would be a good team...Honaker and Boyd can hit the boards hard...Plus the 15th is small inside it will vary against certain teams...but for the avg 15th team i look for that to be the line up
I think the starting lineup will change a lot over the course of the year. At 1 guard position, you have Jacob Sword, the senior floor general. Jordan Bell has been playing good in practice. Daniel Harmon, good strong player and great passer. They also have a new player if he is able to play, around 6'2" point guard from South Laurel High School. The 2 guard, you got Matt Clevenger, who has picked up his game and is playing a lot stronger. Tim Honaker who I think is the best player in the region as far as driving to the goal is concerned. Daniel Harmon can also play the 2 spot as well. The 3 spot can be filled with either Tim H. or Robert Boyd who has improved 100% over last year. The 4 spot will most likely be Robert Boyd or maybe even Jordan Price if he plays. It is still up in the air as to which football players play basketball this season. I am pretty sure Deven has the 5 spot tied up. Jordan Price could play some back up 5 along with Robert and maybe even Tim. My guess is that the starting 5 will be different for the first few games, maybe more until Coach Williams gets the chemistry that he likes.
good post
Then again, I dont personally think the starting 5 are the best 5 players. The best 5 are on the floor at the end of a game when the score is close.
very good post!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I think the starting lineup will change a lot over the course of the year. At 1 guard position, you have Jacob Sword, the senior floor general. Jordan Bell has been playing good in practice. Daniel Harmon, good strong player and great passer. They also have a new player if he is able to play, around 6'2" point guard from South Laurel High School. The 2 guard, you got Matt Clevenger, who has picked up his game and is playing a lot stronger. Tim Honaker who I think is the best player in the region as far as driving to the goal is concerned. Daniel Harmon can also play the 2 spot as well. The 3 spot can be filled with either Tim H. or Robert Boyd who has improved 100% over last year. The 4 spot will most likely be Robert Boyd or maybe even Jordan Price if he plays. It is still up in the air as to which football players play basketball this season. I am pretty sure Deven has the 5 spot tied up. Jordan Price could play some back up 5 along with Robert and maybe even Tim. My guess is that the starting 5 will be different for the first few games, maybe more until Coach Williams gets the chemistry that he likes.

Who is the new kid at Pikeville? I hear he is a nice looking athlete. Played wide receiver for South Laurel this year as a Soph.
Valley will beat any 5 people that Pikeville can put on the floor.
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:Valley will beat any 5 people that Pikeville can put on the floor.

You say this in some way in every thread.
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:Valley will beat any 5 people that Pikeville can put on the floor.

like they did last year in the district finals.....lmao:thatsfunn
hillbilly Wrote:Who is the new kid at Pikeville? I hear he is a nice looking athlete. Played wide receiver for South Laurel this year as a Soph.

I watched him up at the YMCA the other night. He moved really smooth on the court. But up there it really wasnt any team ball being played, so I dont know. He looked good on the few drives and shots he took though.
You kill me..I guess Valley could beat any 5 in the NBA also...
Pretty brave for a cocky freshmen to be running his mouth about a fairly experienced Pikeville team!! I guess we will wait and see if you can back it up!!
No brag, just fact.
They ain't no fact about it. Pikeville beat you guys last year when it counted, and they lost nobody.
OnCeABobcat Wrote:They ain't no fact about it. Pikeville beat you guys last year when it counted, and they lost nobody.

"They ain't no"???????? You would think I would learn how to speak before I posted a double negative like this.lmao, my bad on the grammar!!!!
hillbilly Wrote:Who is the new kid at Pikeville? I hear he is a nice looking athlete. Played wide receiver for South Laurel this year as a Soph.

I heard today that he is eligible to play. Nothing from anyone official. But a reliable source.
Bart is a good coach and whatever 5 he does put out there with give him 110%
Tim is a Player
White Mike Wrote:You kill me..I guess Valley could beat any 5 in the NBA also...
I hate when ppl say valley is a good team, they just beat teams that let them win, like they beat paintsville becasue they couldnt keep their egos under control, VALLEY SUCKS!!!!
i aree good post
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I heard today that he is eligible to play. Nothing from anyone official. But a reliable source.
I talked to the new kid (Tyler Baker) yesterday and he told me he was eligible now to play.
TRAIN85 Wrote:I talked to the new kid (Tyler Baker) yesterday and he told me he was eligible now to play.

That is good. Not a bad looking Wide Receiver for the football team either.
I seen him in practice gear for the first time last night. He was going to practice with the JV and Freshmen team until he gets the routine of practices. He might get in this weekend at Belfry.
hillbilly Wrote:That is good. Not a bad looking Wide Receiver for the football team either.

will he go out for football?
Keep it on topic...thanks guys.
Panther Thunder Wrote:will he go out for football?
Yes he is going out.
I think Pikevilles starters will change a lot over the course of the season. Against Bath County, it was Jordan Bell, Matt Clevenger, Tim Honaker, Robert Boyd, and Deven Adams. I think Coach Williams will be changing his lineup quite a few times over the course of the year to see what groups play the best together. He realistically has four or maybe even 5 players who could start in different positions. Pikeville should have a pretty deep bench this year where Coach Williams can sub in and out and not lose in the talent area of the game. I can also see every player getting in every game. That wouldnt surprise me to much to see that.
Does Ted Honaker play?
Sword is a jet..!
Pages: 1 2