Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay Co @ Harlan Co 12/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts and Predictions. :pondering:
Clay County is in mid season form. They will win by 12.
Harlan will surprise. Clay in a close one.
Clay is really banged up right now. Will be missing 2 starters possibly 3. If the refs call a fair game clay will still win by 5. If not they do not have the depth to over come the injuries.
Who's hurt!
This should be a good game. Too close to call at this point. Met 64 a few days ago now I'm wanting to meet the one and only granny bear. :Clap:
Easier to say who isnt
This one will be tough. If Clay's at full strength they win easy. But the way they are to close to call. I'll say clay by 3
So who is hurt. I hope they don't get hit like Konx Central. If so they may be in trouble with their depth.
House hurt not 100% but game time decision. Arnold out. Farmer not 100% but will play. Smith not 100% is probable basically wolf is ok and sexton.
Played half the jv team against Leslie because of the injuries
Ok. At least they are playing. Maybe the can gut it out till they get healthy. Trust me just being on the floor means so much for high school teams.
Oh and 1 starter quit
Was Sams or Sexton starting?
I saw 12 names listed in the linescore but no Sam Carr. Is he hurt, too?
How good is the Clay JV team this year? Any help there?
BrokenArrow Wrote:This one will be tough. If Clay's at full strength they win easy. But the way they are to close to call. I'll say clay by 3

Clay wins easy?
Harlan County played Clay tough last year and brings back the same team, plus Miller. Is Clay that much better than this time last year?
IMO at full strength yes. Injured ant even close
Clays offense is very very efficient. They have 4 players averaging double figure while all shooting over 50%. They also have 3 that are shooting over 50% from 3. They also have the regions best one on one defender. Do they have weak spots sure all teams do. Depth is there key issue along with rebounding. But Clay's big 3 are as good as any team in the mountains
HCS Wrote:Was Sams or Sexton starting?
I saw 12 names listed in the linescore but no Sam Carr. Is he hurt, too?
How good is the Clay JV team this year? Any help there?

Sams was the starter and he quit so Sexton is now starting. Carr quit the team too. I couldn't tell you much about their JV team.
Clay County will be in for a game I believe. I was at the game in Manchester last year and that young Harlan County team gave Clay County all they wanted. I just hope Clay can leave Harlan alive Confusednicker:
Game time moved to 6 p.m. - varsity only.
Something about testing in Clay and they wanted to get back home earlier.
Predictions?
I'm looking forward to seeing the Tigers play tonight, and watching what we do with it. So far, we have managed pretty well to adjusting and answering the challenges in our previous game.

My only prediction for now is that this game will be fast and furious!
CC 68
HC 62
Blake Smith will lead the Tigers with 20 plus. Michael Jones will have the same trouble his dad did as he begins his career 0-1 against the Tigers.
CC 71
HC 52
Despite a very unhealthy team the Tigers find away to win another. Wonder if Mike Jones will be on the bench or will be watching this one of the stands.
I think if Clay stays out of foul trouble they win by 7........if foul trouble hits I don't know if they have enough depth right now to overcome it.
Count Wrote:This should be a good game. Too close to call at this point. Met 64 a few days ago now I'm wanting to meet the one and only granny bear. :Clap:

Well, I'll be there!!

I got to meet 64 at the state tournament. I was standing right beside him when Williamsburg scored the tying touchdown. He threw his hands straight up in the air, and took off running. Didn't see him again for a little while!!

Confusednicker:
Clay by 10 and yes, depth will be an issue if Clay gets in early foul trouble.
Several key injuries for Clay but Clay by 6.Marcum can just coach!
^
Yes!! I agree that Marcum is a great coach!

However, and I mean no disrespect to anyone, but I believe Coach J is up to the challenge. I like what he is doing with the team more than what was done last year...JMO
I can agree with that and hope they do get things going in the right direction.I hope he does an outstanding job with them this year!
Pages: 1 2