Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2006 1-4A State Champions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't wait any longer, who does everyone take to win state this year?
I think class A comes down between Danville and NCC, I think these two will see each other at state, and NCC will come away with the victory
For class AA, I see Mercer and Middlesboro, yea call me crazy... But I think Middlesboro has what it takes to make it to the championship...M-boro hasn't done to well these past few years and I think they're hungry for a title and ready to prove they haven't fallen under the radar
For class AAA, I'll take Bowling Green and Lexington Catholic playing each other, and Lex. Cath winning it again this year
For class AAAA, i'll take Male and Warren Central... Though Trinity and Henry Clay could pose a problem for Male... But all in all, I see Male winning it all 15-0
With some percentages on chances of winning it all.

A-Danville(75%)NCC(25%)
Two team race, bottom line
AA-Mercer Co.(80%)Russell(10%)Belfry(5%)Middlesboro(3%)Owensboro Cath(2%)
Mercer's to lose but there are a lot of good teams who are capable of ruining the Titans title hopes.
AAA-Bowling Green(50%)Lexington Cath(20%)Covington Cath(20%)Rock and JC(10%)
Again BG is probably the favorite but right now too close to call for sure
AAAA-Male(70%)Trinity(10%)Henry Clay(10%)Warren Central(5%)Henry Clay(5%)
Male is the definate favorite. They are on a roll and barring any major injuries they are the cream of the crop
wooderson Wrote:With some percentages on chances of winning it all.

A-Danville(75%)NCC(25%)
Two team race, bottom line
AA-Mercer Co.(80%)Russell(10%)Belfry(5%)Middlesboro(3%)Owensboro Cath(2%)
Mercer's to lose but there are a lot of good teams who are capable of ruining the Titans title hopes.
AAA-Bowling Green(50%)Lexington Cath(20%)Covington Cath(20%)Rock and JC(10%)
Again BG is probably the favorite but right now too close to call for sure
AAAA-Male(70%)Trinity(10%)Henry Clay(10%)Warren Central(5%)Henry Clay(5%)
Male is the definate favorite. They are on a roll and barring any major injuries they are the cream of the crop

You listed HC twice, which is it? 10 or 5 %??? and what team did you mean to have in the other percentage?
Panther#42 Wrote:You listed HC twice, which is it? 10 or 5 %??? and what team did you mean to have in the other percentage?

I meant Warren Central at 10% and forgot to remove HC at 5%.
Male 4a
Danville 1a
Belfry 2a
Rock 3a
softbally_8 Wrote:Male 4a
Danville 1a
Belfry 2a
Rock 3a

I dont see Rockcastle being able to beat Johnson Central, Covington Cath and Bowling Green in consecutive weeks. But if they can it would be quite the accomplishment and they would deserve the rings. Just as well I cant see Belfry beating Middleboro, Russell and Mercer Co. in consecutive weeks. I would give Belfry the better chance than Rockcastle but neither in my mind can pull it off but I guess thats why they play the games.
1a Danville
2a Russell
3a Bowling Green
4a Male
A- Raceland
Aa- Russell
Aaa- Jc
Aaaa- Male
Don't count out Mayfield they were their last year I believe they will be this year's 1A champs.
1A - Bethlehem
2A - Mercer County
3A - Covington Catholic
4A - Male
A Danville
AA Merver
AAA JC
AAAA Male
A-NewCath
AA-Russel
AAA-Johnson Central
AAAA-Male
Here's who I will think will win the State Championships this year.

A-Danville
AA-Mercer
AAA-Lexington Catholic
AAAA-Male
The College One Wrote:Here's who I will think will win the State Championships this year.

A-Danville
AA-Mercer
AAA-Lexington Catholic
AAAA-Male

Sounds about right.. Of course all of these posts could be right as well... Like I said, I think it comes down to Danville, NCC, and Mayfield in 1A
Russel,Belfry,Middlesboro, and Mercer in 2A
Cov. Cath, Lex. Cath and Bowling Green in 3A
Henry Clay, Warren Central,Trinity, and of course Male in 4A

The games to state for the ones i've listed should be great to watch on the way to state... I don't know anything about their team, but I see Bethlehem as being a possible dark horse in 1A... They knocked off the #1 team in 1A picked to win it, so im not going to count them out entirley
This is how I think it'll finish-

A-Danville
AA-Mercer Co.
AAA-Lexington Catholic
AAAA-Male
The only reason Belfry isn't there ,is because of the simple fact that nobody (WANTS) Belfry to be there!!!! But they will be!! Folks are tired of seein belfry win all the time,,Thats just stupid. It is kids playing football And very well!!!
Rocky Wrote:The only reason Belfry isn't there ,is because of the simple fact that nobody (WANTS) Belfry to be there!!!! But they will be!! Folks are tired of seein belfry win all the time,,Thats just stupid. It is kids playing football And very well!!!

Im more than sure there are plenty of folks that want to see another Belfry championship team. Belfry does win all the time, but they only have two championships 03 & 04. I don't think they've won enough consistently for people to think them a winner for the championship every year, and that's proably why people don't have them picked to win it this year, but thats jus my opnion.
Im all for Belfry going to state and winning!
Panther#42 Wrote:Sounds about right.. Of course all of these posts could be right as well... Like I said, I think it comes down to Danville, NCC, and Mayfield in 1A
Russel,Belfry,Middlesboro, and Mercer in 2A
Cov. Cath, Lex. Cath and Bowling Green in 3A
Henry Clay, Warren Central,Trinity, and of course Male in 4A

The games to state for the ones i've listed should be great to watch on the way to state... I don't know anything about their team, but I see Bethlehem as being a possible dark horse in 1A... They knocked off the #1 team in 1A picked to win it, so im not going to count them out entirley

True True True....I agree these are going to be some great games here. More than likely going to be a good state championship this year
A-Danville
AA-Mercer Co.
AAA-Johnson Central(gotta believe in my boys)
AAAA-Male
A-Somerset
AA-Mercer Co.
AAA-Lexington Catholic
AAAA-Male
A-Danville
AA-Mercer Co.
AAA-Johnson Central
AAAA-Male
Tomcat68 Wrote:1A - Bethlehem
2A - Mercer County
3A - Covington Catholic
4A - Male

i like that 68 i wish we could but Ashland for 3A bub!
A - Danville
AA - Mercer Co
AAA - Bowling Green
AAAA - Male

Four public schools win this year IMO. Kinda calls into question why there was the uproar for change. I honestly believe that in the final year of the system we have all know and loved, 4 public schools get it done!
Can I laugh really hard when Mercer doesn't win AA?????????
Sure.

IF... not when
its going to be either Russel or Mercer take your pick...
mrfootball03 Wrote:Can I laugh really hard when Mercer doesn't win AA?????????

Only if we can laugh at you when they do Smile
Panther#42 Wrote:Only if we can laugh at you when they do Smile

side bet it?
Im broke as a joke but sure lol
you've got 20 points
Pages: 1 2