Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County ... interesting fact
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Powell has never had a winning season ... some people have started to think that it will never happen ... do u think it will happen and when??
Wow...Thats Interesting
Rumor has it some of the powers-that-be have proposed to do away with football and start soccer. I don't know if that's a fact or not. The effort the administration puts into the football prgram, They might as well do away with it. They don't want someone to build a football program at Powell, might take away from the basketball team.
I
i wish they would come out next year and have a winning season but i just dont think it will happin
Maybe soccer isnt a bad idea....
Well hopefully they will have a winning season soon! They may be the next 06' Jenkins!
That would be nice to see the Powell football team have a winning season next year...It will shut a bunch of people up...Like I said before we have a good head coach who knows what hes doing...they dont show no life for a powell football team and will more than likely get rid of it which I hate to see. You should see the younger programs they have there...there is so much talent there that it is crazy...i mean my 3rd and 4th grade teams went 7-1 this year there only loss was to rowan co and that was in double overtime...they swept bath co,estill co, and morgan co and beat rowan one time....the 5th and 6th grade went 5-3 this year sweepin estill and beatin bath and rowan and morgan one game a piece...theres so much talent down there and then you have the middle school team as well who has done a great job too having a winning season for them...so I say give the Pirate Football program about a couple more years let them work the kinks out and you will have yourself a winning season and if you dont believe me well wait and see for yourself.
I think everyone is rooting for the folks in Stanton.

Good luck!
yeah thanks we need all the support we can get
I agree with you, Coach Jones is one good guy. I would hate to see the program go away. I look forward to many great games against the Pirates.
The College One Wrote:That would be nice to see the Powell football team have a winning season next year...It will shut a bunch of people up...Like I said before we have a good head coach who knows what hes doing...they dont show no life for a powell football team and will more than likely get rid of it which I hate to see. You should see the younger programs they have there...there is so much talent there that it is crazy...i mean my 3rd and 4th grade teams went 7-1 this year there only loss was to rowan co and that was in double overtime...they swept bath co,estill co, and morgan co and beat rowan one time....the 5th and 6th grade went 5-3 this year sweepin estill and beatin bath and rowan and morgan one game a piece...theres so much talent down there and then you have the middle school team as well who has done a great job too having a winning season for them...so I say give the Pirate Football program about a couple more years let them work the kinks out and you will have yourself a winning season and if you dont believe me well wait and see for yourself.
Coach Jones is a great person and truly gives every ounce he has to the football program. The man had no help except for mabey 2 guys . If they let coach Jones go this year after he's went 4-6 the past 2 years at a place that's never had a winning season, I will personally never speak of or ever have anything to do with Powell football ever again. Powell was 1-9 and nobody is sicker from it then Coach Jones is.
If they get the man some quality help, Could have a winner next year in the new district. If they fire coach Jones, It will be the end of a football program ever being built which takes some time. If they let coach Jones go, Mark my words they're gonna shut football down in Powell county. Big mistake If they don't keep coach. It may not be their choice to rehire the man, It might be his.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Coach Jones is a great person and truly gives every ounce he has to the football program. The man had no help except for mabey 2 guys . If they let coach Jones go this year after he's went 4-6 the past 2 years at a place that's never had a winning season, I will personally never speak of or ever have anything to do with Powell football ever again. Powell was 1-9 and nobody is sicker from it then Coach Jones is.
If they get the man some quality help, Could have a winner next year in the new district. If they fire coach Jones, It will be the end of a football program ever being built which takes some time. If they let coach Jones go, Mark my words they're gonna shut football down in Powell county. Big mistake If they don't keep coach. It may not be their choice to rehire the man, It might be his.

Do they have a jfl program in Powell County?
Yes and a very good one at that...3-4 grades went 7-1 this year losing to a Rowan Co. team in double overtime and 5-6 went 5-3 losing to Morgan, Bath and Rowan...the 3-4 grade swept Morgan, Estill and Bath with big numbers..
I would love to see Powell county actually have a football program.
I'm not talking about simply having a football team and hiring a guy to be called the coach, I'm talking about actually building a football program.
Coach Posey was there few years back and in 2 years the guy had a 500 record and had it going in the right direction. The ironic thing is you have people right in Powell county or in the school system that could tremendously help out the football program.
You can attribute the grade school success to coach Whitt. He came on board with them this year and has turned it around. He has expirience and a great offensive mind and wasn't good enough for some reason to be hired at the high school.
You had Brandon Brewer who played at Powell and was all-state, Played at Union and was Mid-South all-conference and was not even offered the Powell job.
You got Powell's first coach, Bruce Reynolds teaching in the building and he does not coach. Right there is 3 guys who could have made a hell of a coaching staff.
Get those 3 guys, Bring coach Fugate back to do the line and you could build a football program at Powell county. Make no mistake, I am for Powell county building a football program. You get the right coaches in there, It can happen.
Changes have to come right now and there is people right there in the community that can build a football program. Gotta run
The College One Wrote:Yes and a very good one at that...3-4 grades went 7-1 this year losing to a Rowan Co. team in double overtime and 5-6 went 5-3 losing to Morgan, Bath and Rowan...the 3-4 grade swept Morgan, Estill and Bath with big numbers..
Hey I coach at Russell and I have a 4th grade team this year,, next year I will have the 5th grade team.... I would love to come play youguys or have you guys up here ,,either one.. I promise that all my kids will be in the 5th grade next year if we play.. I hate cheaters !!!!!!!!!!!!
Really thats awesome yeah I heard you all were pretty good. I have to run it by my head coach and tell him...He would prolly be intrested. That might be a real good there. But I will run it by him and see what he thanks ok Coach.
For the Youth League that is. LOL.
we could come down on a saturday and bring 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade teams and make a big day of it if you are interested.....maybe even7th and 8th too...