Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co 80 Middlesboro 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wasn't one point in this game that it was close. Nice rebound for the Bears after loss at KC
Nice rebound for Coach Jones and HC. I don't care who you are playing, when you win a district game like that it is impressive.
This is bad, real bad.
This is what I meant when I said Corbins 30 point win over Mboro wasn't that impressive lol.
M'boro has now reached rock bottom.
Give the younger Jones some time and these kids will run through walls. They love him.
He's been a very good coach for years and they do play hard for him.
The final was 78-18.
HC didn't have all their players tonight either.
Harlan Co isn't a team to sleep on in the 13th they have a lot of improvement to do also. Another thing is Middlesboro is as down as they've ever been also. But a momentum booster district win tonight for HC.
I thought football season was over.
^^
Not for everyone! LOL We're going to Louisville tomorrow to watch a bowl game on Sunday....

I felt sorry for Middlesboro tonight, and I don't mean that in a negative way at all. They have lost a lot from last year both players that graduated and their coach who moved to another school.

However, that crazy fan base was there and they took full advantage to cheer anytime there was a reason to do so!! LOL

Also, best halftime show I've seen. What a bunch of cuties dressed as candy cane fairies...
(little GIRLS.....NOT Gut and pj)

Great job Black Bears!!
Sports at that school have been hijack by the super. Football did not win and now this...WOW. Athletic Genius. Middlesboro sports are over for the next two years. They are only going to get worse.
Sad!! Very sad!!
:ChairHit:
Madness Wrote:Sports at that school have been hijack by the super. Football did not win and now this...WOW. Athletic Genius. Middlesboro sports are over for the next two years. They are only going to get worse.

Looks like the athletic programs are terrible and the future is not bright in jacket land with the coaches that have been hired. I guess the administration is really disappointed the football coach from Bell didn't take the basketball job. No serious coaching experience in bball but he would of done just as well. And they would of had another football coach. The super doesn't care about anything but football anyway. The jacket fans are in for a rough and long road ahead of them before they will see any success in sports.
I don't think I have ever saw a score like this. Someone said something about the super. do you mean the coaching staff. Because I am going to say this again, Middlesboro has talent, and most of it doesn't play. It is really sad. Congrats HC, that's all I can say.
No disrespect to Middlesboro but it's going to be a long season for them. Their coach needs to find a way in practice, and games to track their improvements throughout the season, because they wont have many wins to reflect on. Gotta keep their heads up and attention locked. They'll be alright.
Mysterious talent that doesn't actually play to prove it.
WOW is all I have to say no offense to the Borro but, if this is caused by the Super then its going to be a LONG 2 years for the Borro.....
Number One Fan Wrote:I don't think I have ever saw a score like this. Someone said something about the super. do you mean the coaching staff. Because I am going to say this again, Middlesboro has talent, and most of it doesn't play. It is really sad. Congrats HC, that's all I can say.

If it wasn't for the Super, Coach Thompson would still be there. Look past the obvious #1Fan. It is deeper than just the current coaches in football and now basketball.
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
Not for everyone! LOL We're going to Louisville tomorrow to watch a bowl game on Sunday....

I felt sorry for Middlesboro tonight, and I don't mean that in a negative way at all. They have lost a lot from last year both players that graduated and their coach who moved to another school.

However, that crazy fan base was there and they took full advantage to cheer anytime there was a reason to do so!! LOL

Also, best halftime show I've seen. What a bunch of cuties dressed as candy cane fairies...
(little GIRLS.....NOT Gut and pj)

Great job Black Bears!!

Awwww it was them you did say little Girls Confusednicker:
bear claw Wrote:Nice rebound for Coach Jones and HC. I don't care who you are playing, when you win a district game like that it is impressive.

Don't get to excited. With the direction of middlesboro sports now, it's not that great of a win.
Long year
Madness Wrote:If it wasn't for the Super, Coach Thompson would still be there. Look past the obvious #1Fan. It is deeper than just the current coaches in football and now basketball.
I do not know what happened with Thompson, never did hear. Except that he was offered the asst. principle job at P'ville. That is where he coached before. I don't get what you mean in that it goes deeper than just the current coaches, not meaning any disrespect. As far as the mysterious talent some other post mentioned, there is nothing mysterious about it. It has always been about who you are around here and the kids have gotten tired of it. I know if a kid plays more than on sport, it seems like the coaches get mad and don't want them playing. A lot of your talent that should be on the basketball team is already practicing baseball. There is one kid that didn't play this year that really made a difference on the floor, but there are several that didn't come back. McCullough is a game changer and I do not know what happened there, other than you have about 3 that they really care about and they play selfish ball in any sport they play. Long season, that is for sure. But, I am impressed with HC and I think they could have beat them by more, but HC's coach held back.
Middlesboro sports has went straight down since the coup. Long live the Super!
Number One Fan Wrote:I know if a kid plays more than on sport, it seems like the coaches get mad and don't want them playing. A lot of your talent that should be on the basketball team is already practicing baseball. There is one kid that didn't play this year that really made a difference on the floor, but there are several that didn't come back. McCullough is a game changer and I do not know what happened there, other than you have about 3 that they really care about and they play selfish ball in any sport they play. Long season, that is for sure. But, I am impressed with HC and I think they could have beat them by more, but HC's coach held back.

I saw Middlesboro play several teams, including JV, and I didn't see anyone who would have made a difference this year that isn't playing now. I could have missed someone. Who was it?
The only players who really made a difference were Foister and Poindexter, and they graduated.
Plus, Middlesboro already has five seniors and four juniors. That's way too many for a rebuilding team. Who else do you want to add?
Very few players play three sports anymore but I agree that more should play two. I thought Middlesboro already had quite a few playing two.
#1fan is right about the kid that should be playing. Freshman that is much better than anyone on the floor. 6'3 or taller that handles the ball. Baseball Coaches do not want any of them playing. Already practicing baseball everyday and at the same time as basketball.

Going to be a long two years in all 3 major boys sports.
I think Middlesboro had an 8th grader starting on the varsity baseball team last year. Is that him?
Perhaps some freshmen are missing, but I didn't see any older players last year who would have made a difference now.
Yes. There are some older kids that would make them better, all practicing baseball now.
Who else could help?
They already have five seniors and four juniors. That may be the oldest team in the region. They probably need more freshmen and fewer seniors.
They could go either way, I agree. All but 2 seniors can not play, the ones not playing are better. Along with a couple freshmen that are very good. Really, no hope for them unless they get freshmen out and build for the future. This is why I say 2 years before they even start to build.
Pages: 1 2