Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell...Back to back champs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's still early,but can Russell go back to back STATE CHAMPIONS.:devilflam Confusedhh:
I believe they can do it, BUT they're gonna have to get past Belfry first! I think NCC will battle Danville for the state championship this year too
I also think Lex. Cath will battle Bowling Green again
sh*t... i thought this was a belfry thread.. LOL :Clap: :lmao:
mrfootball03 Wrote:sh*t... i thought this was a belfry thread.. LOL :Clap: :lmao:

Don't worry! I think Belfry/Russell playing will soon turn it into one!
Should be a battle if all ends up like I hope it does!
My answer is..NO..I don't think Russell will repeat..Very well could though!
mrfootball03 Wrote:sh*t... i thought this was a belfry thread.. LOL :Clap: :lmao:
Sorry,I'll see you at the CAM in a few weeks if you get past Middlesboro.:letsparty cheering you guys on.:thumpsup:
JFLDAD Wrote:Sorry,I'll see you at the CAM in a few weeks if you get passed Middleboro.:letsparty cheering you guy on.:thumpsup:
If M-boro beats Belfry then you'll be seeing M-boro at M-boro's field lol
lol.. i was referring to seeing "back to back champs"... belfry already did that lol (03-04)
haha Oh I know this, im pulling for Belfry to make it back and bring the trophy back to the mountains
Russell needs to worry about CORBIN and Belfry needs to worry about MBORO. Goes to show why we play the game at all. anyone has a chance at this point in the playoffs. Yea I would love to see Belfry's new stadium but that is a week away from worrying about it. Will Russell repeat for the state............dont know yet. Belfry, Corbin,Larue,Middlesboro, Mercer, Owensboro Cath and Trigg may have a say in the end....
JFLDAD Wrote:It's still early,but can Russell go back to back STATE CHAMPIONS.:devilflam Confusedhh:

Looks like the Russell faithful is looking ahead to Louisville, could spell trouble if their team is too..Confusedhh:
BelfryPride Wrote:Looks like the Russell faithful is looking ahead to Louisville, could spell trouble if their team is too..Confusedhh:

Just one I think. Most of us realize that we have to get past Corbin first. Then the state semis. Some just think that because we won the first one since 78 last year that we are automatically entitled to going again.

I had a parent last year tell me that when they win there championship next year that this years won't mean as much. Some people don't live in the real world. It is TOUGH to go back to back and most of us realize that.

Some just can't seem to adjust their maroon colored glasses properly.
Midee1 Wrote:Just one I think. Most of us realize that we have to get past Corbin first. Then the state semis. Some just think that because we won the first one since 78 last year that we are automatically entitled to going again.

I had a parent last year tell me that when they win there championship next year that this years won't mean as much. Some people don't live in the real world. It is TOUGH to go back to back and most of us realize that.

That's not what I meant,I know we have to get passed Corbin first.I said ITS STILL EARLY just wanted to know what other people thought.Confusedhh: :devilflam
BelfryPride Wrote:Looks like the Russell faithful is looking ahead to Louisville, could spell trouble if their team is too..Confusedhh:
Russell faithful and the Russell team are not looking anywhere but at Corbin Friday. There might be a couple Russell fans looking ahead but the vast majority know it's very premature and immature to look past Corbin and so on.
Midee1 Wrote:Just one I think. Most of us realize that we have to get past Corbin first. Then the state semis. Some just think that because we won the first one since 78 last year that we are automatically entitled to going again.

Agreed, I think this is the feeling of most Russell faithful who are realistic anyway. I know the team is not looking toward anything but Corbin and it would be very foolish to think it won't be incredibly difficult to get back to the championship. Last year should have convinced people of how difficult it is, remember everything that had to go our way last year. I could go on and on. Like I said, vast majority of Russell fans are not overlooking Corbin and certainly not overlooking Middlesboro or Belfry. That would be just plain foolish. But to answer the question, yes I do believe Russell CAN win it but whether they do or not is still to be determined week by week. The players and coaches know that and that's all I care about.
Very true if russell takes it one game at a time then they are dangerouse as they were last year. But if they are looking ahead as their fans are then it could spell big trouble for the devils,.
tomcatnation Wrote:Very true if russell takes it one game at a time then they are dangerouse as they were last year. But if they are looking ahead as their fans are then it could spell big trouble for the devils,.

Having something to forward to is good thing.
Id say they might win a couple more but not all the way!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:Id say they might win a couple more but not all the way!
Always gotta be a hata' in the house........Most often its a Tomcat fan....HeyTC06 just given you some love babay!!!......
A very simple answer to a very simple question is NO.
fox sports Wrote:A very simple answer to a very simple question is NO.

Man Fox where is the love for the Devils?
I think they could repeat...
They have on heck of a road to get there. Through Middlesboro or Belfry. Both of those teams are hard and are explosive. And I don't think that anyone in 2A can beat Mercer Co but you never know.
Midee1 Wrote:Man Fox where is the love for the Devils?
I've got Devil love, I just can't pick Russell or Belfry(my team of the moment).
This years crown belongs to the best 4A team in AA...Mercer Co.
fox sports Wrote:I've got Devil love, I just can't pick Russell or Belfry(my team of the moment).
This years crown belongs to the best 4A team in AA...Mercer Co.

Exactly :Thumbs:
i dont think that they will repeat but this year they have a really good chance...the road ahead has some big teams in the way....
As of right now Russell has to IMPROVE on some things if they are going to repeat. Don't get me wrong they have the weapons and the opportunity but they need to improve drastically on the kicking game or they will be packing there stuff early..
DEVIL89 Wrote:As of right now Russell has to IMPROVE on some things if they are going to repeat. Don't get me wrong they have the weapons and the opportunity but they need to improve drastically on the kicking game or they will be packing there stuff early..

I agree. The kicking game has been pretty suspect as of late. I hope they can get it turned around by Friday. I'm sure they are working on it.
Devilologist Wrote:Always gotta be a hata' in the house........Most often its a Tomcat fan....HeyTC06 just given you some love babay!!!......

First of all i was HATIN on yah, second you might want to learn how to spell baby, there Sweetheart!:devilflam
Pages: 1 2 3