Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shot clock in high school basketball?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts

ill post mine later
No but yes too.. I hate watching a game where a team holds the ball
Well...in this case, if there was a shot clock, Pike Central wouldve won the 15th region tourney last year. haha
"SuperMario" Wrote:Well...in this case, if there was a shot clock, Pike Central wouldve won the 15th region tourney last year. haha

Why is that
I don't think there should be.. but it is boring when a team holds a ball for a long time...
No.
"Basketballer" Wrote:
"SuperMario" Wrote:Well...in this case, if there was a shot clock, Pike Central wouldve won the 15th region tourney last year. haha

Why is that

East Ridge held the ball for 2 minutes. The game was tied at 42-42. We couldnt foul cause they were in the bonus. There was alot of different game plans but our coach decided to let them try for the points. They drove and lost the ball. A kid picked the ball up from east ridge. Put it the goal on a reverse lay up. But, the clock in my opinion was on 0 the entire time. But, somehow the ref's called it good.
Yeah I was there I seen that...Im not real sure on the call either
Yes, talk about breaking somehow's heart. I was on the bench when it happened.
I think there should be a shot clock. It will make the game more exciting to watch. And it will make the players better. They will have to learn to run plays better so they can score quicker. Lets be realistic. Whoever gets out of the 15th will probably have to play Henry Clay..or someone of that caliber. How can we expect to beat them if they can score quickly on us..if it takes us 2 minutes to get some points. If there was a shot clock..the players would adjust and in the long run, I think, it would make them better.
no i t would just make the game longer
No there shouldn't be a shot clock ever in HS basketball.
And about the regional game last year. If anyone ever watched SportsOvertime that night you could see that there was time left on the clock when the ball left Robbie's hands. The freeze framed it with both the player and shot clock in view.
no there definetly should not be a shot clock in high school basketball it will just make the games last longer. yes i do agree it will make the players better but there is nothin wrong with holding the ball for long periods of time.
I think there should b a shot clock in my own personal intrest. I do not think the shot clock should b that short of a college one but about 45 sec. Due to this you would at times speed the game up and make transition ball more important. Transition ball is one of the biggest keys to success once you get into regional play and state. This could also give us a better look at which players could step up in the time of a realy needed basket and who could play in the calabar of a college team. Diff ppl say no others say yes but i think eventualy the shot clock will b slide into high school basketball.

And about the Er and PC game last year lets not get on that topic thats not relivant that was in the past this is the future of basketball.
i think there shopuld be a shot clock cause it would make the game go faster and their would be more scoring. IMO
I would love to have a shot clock in H.S. Basketball for the reason of the obvious, holding the ball. Everyone has valid points, but I can't sit and watch someone play scared to lose. 40 seconds seems sufficient enough time to run a play and get a good shot off.
agreed JKW
Well, i would have to see that tape 4leaf. But, you could be right about that. I agree the shot clock would make players better and would be plenty of time to get a good shot off anyways.
i dont think it will b added until around 2008-2010 though
Anytime for the addition of the shot clock would be great. I just wonder how many games, district titles, regional titles, and state titles would change hands if a shot clock was used from the begining?
I think there should be around a 45 sec shot clock make games a lil more intersting
many games would change b/c means teams like to slow the game down
I think there should be and it should be about 32 seconds.
Yes
Well College is 35 seconds so I think High School should have around a 40-45 second shot clock like ba11er mentioned. It would make the game more interesting.
i think there should be b/c it would speed the game up and make it more interesting
i think it depends on how much time the shot clock is set for because we have to remember that these kids are not pros and sometimes pros dont manage the clock good
Most Definetly. This would speed up the gameplay and teams wouldnt be able to hold it for minutes each time down the court.
PG thats what the shot clock is suppost to do help u learn how to manage the clock better to further help you for college ball if u make it and thats y i stated it needs to b about 45 sec
Seems to me you would want a shot clock of some sort in order to get high school hoops in line with collegiate hoops, because that would be the best way to have players more prepared for college ball.
Granted, few prep ballers will get to play in college, but they should have as many things similar in terms of rules in high school as possible.
Pages: 1 2