Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Central 92 Jenkins 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lady Patriots led by Hannah Hollifield with 21 points 13 rebounds. Knott poundedhe ball inside all night. Knott led 51-31 at half came out in 3rd quarter and hit 4 threes and that was the game. Creech finished with 37.
Patriots may be for real! That's big numbers for Hollified or any player in the region.With that being said,Jenkins doesn't have any real presence in the post that I'm aware of.Creech will always get her points but big signature win for kNOTT.
That is going to be a problem for Jenkins all season. Unless someone else other than Creech steps up they will be in the same boat as they was last year. They litterlly have her and someone else needs to step it up. She can have 35+ all night but if no one else does there're share then it doesn't matter.

More mash taters please!
Watched this game on tv. Hollifield and the Slone girl played a phenomenal game down low.The Higgins girl is for real.She is very fast and handles the ball well.She is a true point guard with good skill set.What amazed me is her court vision.I don't know how many assists she had,but she shredded Jenkin's press and defense with maturity.Didn't see the other Higgins girl until the end of the game.Maybe she was sick.Another poster said something about rotation but they seem to have it down now.Ramblings of possible transfers from Knott were heard in the 14th yesterday so don't know who they were or if they transferred yet.One thing for sure,I'm looking forward to Katie Moore and the Higgins girl going at it.I said she couldn't hold her water bottle but I was wrong.
I guess this is one forecast that I got wrong. Evidently, Knott has tweaked something because they tore Jenkins up. The Higgins girl is for real. I was talking to a friend of mine and he said that Higgins gave Creech fits. Evidently, Knott got solid play from their bigs as well. I would say Coach Honeycutt could care less about transfer ramblings given that his team can perform as well as they did last night. Have the stats for this one been posted?
I admit I missed this one extremely bad.I thought the game would be in the 60's but Knott pounded the interior and ran the ball at every opportunity.Knott and Leslie game may be an up and down game which goes in our favor I do believe!:Thumbs:
I really like this team. It has speed, basketball IQ, and athleticism. Plus they are young! Need to improve their shooting to some degree. I think the starting 5 is as good as any in the 14th. The Thornsberry girl adds good minutes off the bench. I think the other Higgins girl can give them a spark as well. Good job Knott!

More mash taters please!
Knott has their starting five of Hollifield,Faith Slone,Stamper,Falon Slone,and Jayda Higgins.They are solid.Lexee Slone and Thornsberry coming off the bench provide good quality minutes.Freshmen M. Higgins and Smith come off the bench and you still don't lose much.Anderson plays well also.Senior H Slone comes off the bench occasionally and gives the post players some breathers.That's 11 players that give you depth! With the transfer talk mentioned,I will say this.There has been talk at the games over certain varsity player(s) being disgruntled but those in charge won't tolerate that long.Buddy of mine said the Lady Pats put on a show last night,I'm not missing the next one.Good job Patriots! I believe!
zonebuster Wrote:Knott has their starting five of Hollifield,Faith Slone,Stamper,Falon Slone,and Jayda Higgins.They are solid.Lexee Slone and Thornsberry coming off the bench provide good quality minutes.Freshmen M. Higgins and Smith come off the bench and you still don't lose much.Anderson plays well also.Senior H Slone comes off the bench occasionally and gives the post players some breathers.That's 11 players that give you depth! With the transfer talk mentioned,I will say this.There has been talk at the games over certain varsity player(s) being disgruntled but those in charge won't tolerate that long.Buddy of mine said the Lady Pats put on a show last night,I'm not missing the next one.Good job Patriots! I believe!

Who is supposed to be transferring?
I would like to know also........
Don't know killerb. Names weren't mentioned but this team is pretty close and squabbling over this or that tears teams apart.Young teams go through this all the time.Sometimes you keep 'em and sometimes you lose 'em.Don't want to lose any of 'em myself. It happens.Lady Patriots will get over it and prevail......
zonebuster Wrote:Knott has their starting five of Hollifield,Faith Slone,Stamper,Falon Slone,and Jayda Higgins.They are solid.Lexee Slone and Thornsberry coming off the bench provide good quality minutes.Freshmen M. Higgins and Smith come off the bench and you still don't lose much.Anderson plays well also.Senior H Slone comes off the bench occasionally and gives the post players some breathers.That's 11 players that give you depth! With the transfer talk mentioned,I will say this.There has been talk at the games over certain varsity player(s) being disgruntled but those in charge won't tolerate that long.Buddy of mine said the Lady Pats put on a show last night,I'm not missing the next one.Good job Patriots! I believe!

Buster - our girls are a pure team. They have each other's back no matter what. You will see when we hold up the regional trophy. More mash taters please!
I'm with you fatpat.Been a while since we held it up!!! It's time!
I think this win was what the Lady Pats needed! They played really good team ball And made for quite a game to watch! Think we will see them on the top 10 real soon! They have a solid starting five Hollifield, F.Slone, Stamper,Waugh, Higgins in that line up you have Hollifield and F.Slone who are both strong on the block then you have stamper who had three 3s in a row along with Waugh who also a seldom misses and then you have J. Higgins who brings good defense and who can not only take it to the goal but make some impressive assist then you have your girls coming off the bench I've seen comments about needing an extra spark I think that L. Slone brings that when she enters a game with the way she goes after the rebounds and is ready to push the ball out for a fast break along with that she is also strong with her put backs, along with her you have Faith Slone and Thornsberry, M. Higgins who all attack the ball on defense and both excellent outside shooters. And then even though some of the younger freshman Smith, Anderson, Mullins, don't see much time they can't be counted out all three can hold thiier own KCC is not going away for quite some time!
Miller girl was the talk from the staff.
SNOWPIERCER Wrote:Miller girl was the talk from the staff.

Knott does not have a Miller.....Guess that puts this rumor away!
SNOWPIERCER Wrote:Miller girl was the talk from the staff.

snowman, let's keep it real. if momma aint happy, aint nobody happy. Pat nation just listed every weapon we have in our arsenal. With that many weapons, somebody is bound to not always get what they think they deserve. Who cares???? We are patriot nation and we have risen.

More mash taters please!
Glad for the girls program there at Hindman to get back on track.I remember the days when Whitesburg and Knott had some great games.Knott has had good and bad years just like every other team around.Knott's program appears to be moving up again.Congrats.
SNOWPIERCER Wrote:Watched this game on tv. Hollifield and the Slone girl played a phenomenal game down low.The Higgins girl is for real.She is very fast and handles the ball well.She is a true point guard with good skill set.What amazed me is her court vision.I don't know how many assists she had,but she shredded Jenkin's press and defense with maturity.Didn't see the other Higgins girl until the end of the game.Maybe she was sick.Another poster said something about rotation but they seem to have it down now.Ramblings of possible transfers from Knott were heard in the 14th yesterday so don't know who they were or if they transferred yet.One thing for sure,I'm looking forward to Katie Moore and the Higgins girl going at it.I said she couldn't hold her water bottle but I was wrong.
The other Higgins girl hasn't played 2 mins. All year so no she wasn't sick. The rotation has been the same all three games Honeycutt plays 8 players. On the transfers talk my guess would be the Mullins girls.