Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County 54 South Laurel 46
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

At South Laurel.

:popcorn:
Whitley led by as many as 12 in the third quarter and South cut it to 1 but Whitley forced a couple of turnovers and pushed the lead back out and won going away. Dingess is a great player offensively but her defense is the part of her game so many overlook. It was a team effort and Whitley will get better as they develop more depth.

After the loss at Harlan a lot of folks left them for dead but the reports of the Lady Colonels demise have been greatly exaggerated, it would appear.

Jones returning to the lineup allows Feltner to work and takes the pressure off the other girls to handle the ball.

Outstanding road win in the district.
Whitley goes to 2-0 verses Laurel County......
Good early win for the Lady Colonels!! :Cheerlead Whitley is down....but not out!!:Thumbs: I expect them to still have a winning season. I have to say, I am surprised the 2 Laurel Co. teams have not lived up to the hype everyone is giving them. I would have thought they would be better than they are right now.:eyeroll:
No excuses but North played 2 games without Lawson quad, Bruner went with an ankle and Sheppard went out with back spasms I think on her. That's pretty much the entire team for them, but I have to give whitley credit they are showing how deep they are with ball handlers as they are making up for the loss of Estes. I went to this game and whitley handled the ball well at multiple positions. North has the problem of NO depth. I think that depth is why corbin will also be better throughout the season. I did think south would win as they are full tilt but I'm not surprised that Whitley won either. They are better and deeper than many including myself has given them credit for. I also think David Estes even though just an assistant is a decent coach and watched him do some very good things with the middle school teams he coached at Whitley.
It's interesting that as beat up and battered as Whitley (two season-ending injuries and another key injury early) is that they still have beaten both Laurel teams. I remember in the preseason that several fans had the Laurels in the top five or six.
I think Whitley is 6th right now (behind Bell, Clay, Harlan, HCHS and Corbin) with North and South in the next two spots.
HCS I would agree with those rankings...
HCS I think your right on with your current ranking for the Lady Colonels....key injuries to other teams good players could cause the whole thing to mix up by the end of the season. I think Coach Jones and Estes are bringing their young talent along very nicely.Confusedinglepar:Clap::Cheerlead
I wouldn't count Whitley out.I don't think they will win the region but they can upset you.