Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan at Leslie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leslie is coming off a nice win over Johnson 76 to 54.Harlan is rolling in tonight and this will be a good test for the girls.Leslie by 9 pts at home.Coach Collett has this team ready for a great season.
I believe it is Harlan County
Score?
Leslie County won 67-64 or 66-64.
Leslie County beat Harlan County 67-64. It was a great game.
Would have loved to been able to watch this one... Bet it was a knock down drag out...
Great game by both teams.Farler and Griffith stepping up lately.Eagles have a well rounded group here.Thanks for clarifying Harlan County,my mistake.By the way,great atmosphere for the game last night.
Leslie shot 47 free throws and Harlan County shot 8. Pretty big discrepancy there. It was definitely the difference. I believe HC wins by double digits at home or on a neutral floor. Would love to see a first round matchup in Bowling Green in March.
Harlan counldnt handle Moore. She dropped 44...... Ouch
I don't think I have ever heard of one player getting to the line to shoot 27. 23 or 24 points of Moore's 44 were free throws. She is a great player but c'mon. Even with this, they only beat HC by 2 or 3. What would you think if it were your team playing Leslie - Reality Check!
I think your team needs to stop fouling so much. Her sister Hillary done the same thing. Great players get hacked.
If she made 24 of 27 from the line that's almost 89%. Good players no matter what the age know how to draw fouls.But 47 to 8 free throws,if that's right,is ....well....crazy.
If her sister did the same thing, maybe it is a Leslie Co problem. Be interesting to see if they get those kinds of numbers at away games.
No need to bash Moore.She's a heads up player that leaves it on the floor.She will get calls away too.Guards that have the ball in their hands majority of the game go to the line.I'm a Eagle fan and she was hacked pretty good through out the game.
In no way am I bashing Moore. I think she is a great player who carries her team to many victories. Not her fault the whistle blows. Knock em down! However, it is a criticism of the way the game was officiated. When you have two teams who shoot basically the same number of shots (56-54) and rebound the same (38-37) but HC shoot 48% and Leslie shoots 30% coupled with the fact that Leslie shot 45 free throws to HC's 11 that should be a red flag! But that's just stats and my opinion.
I see your point. I think any team hates to look at a scoreboard and see a varying degree of fouls when you are the home team.I know I do.
I am from a county over but was at the game. Moore was hacked every time to the basket. She hit a big one with about 15 seconds left with lots of contact and no call. Some coaches simply tell their kids foul every time the kid drives and the refs will quit calling. Most of the time they are right--the refs quit. Also, with 7 seconds left the HC kid inbounding the ball stepped over the line. no call.
Also Talked to the kid after the game. She had fingernail cuts up and down both arms and hands. Good kid-never opens mouth. Takes a lot of punishment on the floor.
I think she is a good player. I don't think she is Michael Jordan though. She simply put her head down and bulldogged to the basket and got the foul call almost every time. She made her free throws. She may have even been fouled every time. She definitely carried her team. My complaint is with the foul discrepancy. 47-8 in free throw attempts is ridiculous. Especially if you have seen HC play. HC pounds the ball inside. They don't shoot many threes. It was physical on both ends of the floor but Leslie got the calls.
No one said anything negative about Moore. She's a great player.
Harlan County probably should have shot a few more free throws though if it was being called that closely. Noe was fouled on the last shot with no call.