Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley co vs South laurel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
predictions? game is at south
South by 8-12 points
Olred, you think whitley is down that much or south is better this year?
South by 5 points in a fast paced game!
Both... Whitley has Dingess, feltner and a bunch of good ball handlers. Jones played last game and helped, I think they will struggle with an improved south team. Close game for them both and I think nobody would be surprised if either one wins but I think south pulls it out with vandeventer, cromer, Davis, Parker and Reynolds. The deciding factor for me was it being at south and I think south is gaining some confidence right now.
I agree I'm going to go with South by 9
Whitley by 10
Whitley won 54-46 on the ROAD.

I think some of you need to rethink your position on South.

Whitley is extremely down compared to past years. The Harlan games was proof of that, but Whitley flat out beat South tonight.
south beat south tonite. 20 turnovers at half. worst game I ever saw and south was still just down 3 with min to go. Both teams looked bad tonite
I was wrong... But i do think they are very close in talent and won't be surprised for either to win the next one!
Off course Whitley had nothing to do with those 20 turnovers.....defense sets the two teams apart.
Whitley deserves a lot of credit. It looked like after the first quarter that South was going to run away with the game. Whitley County adjusted in the second quarter and went to a tight paint zone and completely shut down south's bigs. Then South proceeded to shoot 3 for 16 from downtown coupled with double digit rebound deficit and that's the ballgame boys. Whitley forced south to play slow down and it killed them. Both teams played decent "d", but to be fair south had a lot more unforced turnovers. Whitley did enough to make south uncomfortable and executed much better down the stretch. Whitley is better than most people think and will make some noise, but has a small margin for error with limited bench. South is much improved and still has a high ceiling but has to learn to play different styles. Good luck to both teams going forward.
I agree south defense is not very good but whitleys def was not the reason south turned the ball over probably 28 times. South was the reason. We cant feed the post without turning it over. We walked 4 times with nobody within 10 feet of us. South just doesnt take car of the ball. South was just awful last nite turning the ball over. now whitleys zone def did cause us problems hitting shots. Even with the terrible shooting whitley forced south into it was a 1 point game real late in the game even with all the unforced turnovers. Very frustrated right now