Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel 61 Sheldon Clark 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice win for SL that ended up being more of a MMA fight than a basketball game.
congrats to south
I didn't make this game but it looks like based on the box score that the Refs could have had something to do with the out come. Three players fouled out for SC and one thrown out and still only lost by three. Usually what you get when you play out of region.
slingblade93 Wrote:I didn't make this game but it looks like based on the box score that the Refs could have had something to do with the out come. Three players fouled out for SC and one thrown out and still only lost by three. Usually what you get when you play out of region.

So what you are trying to imply here is that South Laurel shouldn't have won this game and there should be an asterisk beside this win? That is a huge assumption simply based on a box score with one sided facts to discredit one teams accomplishment. The fouls were almost even. I thought the refs were extremely lenient on SC and if the game were called in a tournament setting similar to the sweet 16 SC would have had players foul out earlier than what they did.
slingblade, the fouls was pretty even. The girl that got tossed should have got tossed on the two plays before but ref didnt see her do it. South player told the ref to be looking for it next time at the free throw line and the girl basically threw a punch with her elbow. No place in girls basketball for that. If you wasnt there ask coach rice to see the video. My daughter played for him at sw as a 7th grader and he is a good guy. I know he isnt teaching that.
ky playmaker Wrote:slingblade, the fouls was pretty even. The girl that got tossed should have got tossed on the two plays before but ref didnt see her do it. South player told the ref to be looking for it next time at the free throw line and the girl basically threw a punch with her elbow. No place in girls basketball for that. If you wasnt there ask coach rice to see the video. My daughter played for him at sw as a 7th grader and he is a good guy. I know he isnt teaching that.

I agree on a couple of aspects of your post, playmaker. First, I was at the game and the SC player that got ejected deserved to be tossed. She threw an elbow at the foul line and that is uncalled for. Don't know about the previous plays you are referring to so I will not comment on that. Second, I have gotton to know Coach Rice the last couple of years and know that he does not teach that and was very upset at his player for her actions. The part of your comment that I don't agree with is the fouls that were called and not called during the game. The officials let SL keep their hands all over SC players entire game and SL mugged SC big post player everytime she touched the ball. Sometimes its not fouls that were called, but the ones that are not that effects the game more. Also, by my totals,(which may not be exactly accurate but very close) SL shot 37 FT and SC shot 16, so fouls were not as close as one may think. In my opinion, SC would win game on neutral court with neutral officials. Also, I am new to this site I enjoy reading your posts, you seem very informed, polite, and treat other posters with respect from what I have read. That is not always the case for some on here
South was 19-30 from the line. Sheldon clark was 12-21